SystemCooling + AC

Those retailers sell the radiators yes, but they get them from DangerDen. This is because DD is the sole distributor for the US. And since DD killed R1ck's grandmother by flattening her with a giant 2-ton RBX he refuses to do anything that would even indirectly give money to DD :rolleyes:

PS. How did you order direct from Thermochill R1ck? I tried to do that so I could get my PA160 earlier and it wouldn't let me.

Top Nurse said:
You can get any grill to fit any radiator if you are willing to do a little modding. Lots of people use AC grills on a quite wide array of radiators including BI series, Evo's, and I looked at some of the Thermochill as not being very difficult as well. BTW, the AC Ryan grills have been reputed to not look very good compared to an AC grill if you are into those kind of things.
I'm calling BS. My ACRyan grill is amazing.

Top Nurse said:
BTW, the AC Ryan grills have been reputed to not look very good compared to an AC grill if you are into those kind of things.

The best kind of grill is no grill at all. I only use grills due to the fact that my cat is rather curious (and my fans rather fast).

The "crossover" point on an HE ThermoChill is ~130cfm. Any lower, and the PA is a wiser bet. Screamin' fans is an understatement. Another advantage of buying a ThermoChill over a Black Ice? Fit and finish. ThermoChills are powdercoated, Black Ice rads are still using some enamel (I believe).

Erasmus354 said:
Those retailers sell the radiators yes, but they get them from DangerDen. This is because DD is the sole distributor for the US. And since DD killed R1ck's grandmother by flattening her with a giant 2-ton RBX he refuses to do anything that would even indirectly give money to DD :rolleyes:
DD = no inovation, plain and simple. I guess you never have noticed they only release blocks just after a competitor does and always has a funny resemblance........

Erasmus354 said:
PS. How did you order direct from Thermochill R1ck? I tried to do that so I could get my PA160 earlier and it wouldn't let me.
http://www.thermochill.com/acatalog/

You can order anything from them via the online store. Parts come very fast for coming from the UK.

ikellensbro said:
Um...plenty of other US etailers still sell them:
http://jab-tech.com/Thermochill-c-260.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=200&sort=20a&page=2 (scroll to the bottom)
http://store.pcpowerzone.com/danrad.html
http://www.voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=category&id=2&subid=15

I also found this article/review (actually a couple years old) by Bill Adams, which has some good numbers toward the end comparing the performance of 80, 92, 120, 2x120, & 3x120mm radiators.
DD still gets a cut as they are the US distributor. Order direct is the key.

R1ck, when I tried to order from the Thermochill store, and went to checkout. I put in my US shipping address and I got a message saying they dont ship to my address and to check their distributors.

Of course that meant I had to wait for DangerDen to get their shipment in. They didn't order more PA160 when they ran out though, they decided to wait until after the new year to place their order so their expenses for the year would be lower :rolleyes: .

penguin said:
I'm calling BS. My ACRyan grill is amazing.

I haven't seen one in person, but the pics I saw were not something I would buy. I also know some over in Europe who have said the same thing. Have you ever seen an AC grill?

I can't speak for the anodized aluminum one, but the brushed stainless grill has an amazing finish. It looks brushed, but it's extremely shiny. Excellent build quality. I bought it because there was no way I was paying more money for a grill that has avertising on it. :rolleyes:

while you're at it, why not just have no fan grilles? Problem solved.

Do my statements offend you?

DFI Daishi said:
plain wire grills also LOOK LIKE ASS as compared to the A-C and A-C ryan grills.
All a matter of opinion, of course.

I was testing out a few fan grills I had lying around the other day, there was a surprisingly noticeable airflow drop just from those plain wire fan grills. They did make a noticeable air turbulence noise too. That testing was with a few yate loons, coolermaster fans and antec fans. All low air flow.

Any grill will restrict free airflow to some degree. Probably shouldn't have said that the wire fan grills "do not" in an earlier post. To my knowledge, the wire fan grills are most free-flowing grills one can find. If you have grills that offer less of an airflow penalty, I'm interested.

I dont know about that now :)

Only tried the wire grilles and the quite restrictive honeycomb stamped alu that comes with the stacker. The wire ones were much quieter and less restrictive, just I was surprised that they made a noticeable difference.

theseeker said:
Noise can be a problem, which is why I switched to pitch adjustable blades.

Ahhh....I thought we were talking about watercooling fans? Not airplanes...... :p

Back