The "Big Case" Gallery!

CHAoS_NiNJA

[H]ard|Gawd
They may not be very LAN friendly, but you know you still love them. Or at least I do. I prefer bigger cases to smaller ones for a few different reasons. Space, looks, airflow, general awesomeness...but enough talk, show off your big case! You know you want too. :)

I just recently (yesterday) got another big case: one of those huge AMS cases that they used to sell on NewEgg. Its almost completely un-modded (one 92mm case fan on the side) and I still need to figure out what to do with it. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

My thermaltake Armor

P1010168.jpg

P1010171.jpg

P1010173.jpg

Just wondering why you decided to mount the Zalman Sideways? Wouldn't the airflow be 100x better if you aimed the Zalman fan directly at the exhaust fan? That's what I did and it feels like a hair dryer coming out the back of my machines!

Just curious!

Sunin

Sunin said:
Just wondering why you decided to mount the Zalman Sideways? Wouldn't the airflow be 100x better if you aimed the Zalman fan directly at the exhaust fan? That's what I did and it feels like a hair dryer coming out the back of my machines!

Just curious!

Sunin

I think he said in another thread that it wouldnt fit the other way.

Sunin said:

Just curious!

Sunin

on my mobo (Asus A8n32 SLI deluxe) you can't mount it sideways becase the mounting bar doesn't fit sidways through the heatpipes on the 9500. Believe me i tried.

Wow, thats a bummer. You could improve performance by mounting it 180deg. so the fan blows towards the exaust slot below. Or is that an intake blower?

Swordfish45 said:
Wow, thats a bummer. You could improve performance by mounting it 180deg. so the fan blows towards the exaust slot below. Or is that an intake blower?
180 degrees wouldn't make a difference genius. You mean 90 degrees.

Thermaltake with big X on it
new-case.jpg

I was going to get the Coolermaster CM-Stacker, but I got the Thermaltake used for $35.

My cube case, it's big in a small way. Holds more than most full towers.
7800-2.jpg

case-side.jpg

case6.jpg

board2death986 said:
you can't mount it sideways becase the mounting bar doesn't fit sidways through the heatpipes on the 9500. Believe me i tried.
What are you talking about? It fits like a dream....

Spectrum42 said:
I take it you never learned geometry-- his setup is already at 90 degrees. 180 is the position of my setup, which give optimal heat flow. Neverthless, the other member wished the 9500 to exaust to the slot blower, which very well could make a difference.

Spectrum42 said:

you sir, are greatly misinformed... 180 degrees would make a diff, cuz the FAN OF THE HEATSINK WILL BLOW THE AIR IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION....

aka towards the blower fan at the bottom, instead of up towards the PSU [assuming that the blower is an exhaust, as mentioned above]

edit: lol im confused too now :p i am an imbecile

This thread doesn't have much of a point you know. Size is usually taken from an opinionated standpoint. I'm not going to post my CM Cent 5 becuase it isn't very big. I like big cases though. Hold more HDD's comfortably.

cyks said:
What are you talking about? It fits like a dream....

I see that you did it, but care to show me how? i cant get the mounting bracket to fit between the heatpipes.

With mine, all I did was slide it in vertically then just turned it so it was horizontal.

Size IS relative. My case may not be very tall, but I think it's longer than most:

computer1mt.png

cesium666 said:
you sir, are an imbecile... 180 degrees would make a diff, cuz the FAN OF THE HEATSINK WILL BLOW THE AIR IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION....

aka towards the blower fan at the bottom, instead of up towards the PSU [assuming that the blower is an exhaust, as mentioned above]

Hey, no need for name calling. He is referring to 180 degrees from the case's perspective, not turning it 180 degrees. Just because he has a different way of viewing it than you does not merit you calling him an imbecile. If you are going to just come waste a thread with namecalling and get it locked take yourself elsewhere. That being said, on with the big rigs!

board2death986 said:
I see that you did it, but care to show me how? i cant get the mounting bracket to fit between the heatpipes.
Turn the bracket to the side first, then slide it through. Afterward, turn it back on the right side and the curves of the bracket will just weave around the pipes.

If it doesn't fit, you must have put the bracket in backwards. Just start with the other end next time. Don't get me wrong, I had trouble with the very same step. Try to fit the bracket in the pipes before you mount it on the CPU.

Here is my big Cases, first one up is a Supermicro Sc801 server chassis, the last two are mods I'm still working on, back to back.

supermicrosc801-c.jpg

I have worklogs on both of them also:
scorpionproject.jpg

Work Log can be found here: Worklog1

The Beast known as the Ark of Covenant Pc mod:
arkmod.jpg

Work Log found here: worklog2

Scorpionjwp said:
Here is my big Cases, first one up is a Supermicro Sc801 server chassis, the last two are mods I'm still working on, back to back.

supermicrosc801-c.jpg
Got any more pics of this 'un? It's beautiful!

Here is some more pictures of the Supermicro case:

I have a Iwill workstation p4ht motherboard with a p4 socket 478 1.8ghz 400mhz in it. Along with 4 hard drives, a 80gb Samsung, 100gb Maxtor, 120 Western Digital and a 40gb Maxtor.

The case is split among two sides, one side for the drive bays and the other for the motherboard. It did have a redundant power supply 2x hot-swap modules in it. I took out the redundant feature and used the bay for the powermodules, for 1 antec 450w powersupply. The other redundant power module is in the bay as a dummy unit, or the fill the space. Since the other power module was pulled out to make room for the antec.

But anyways here is more pictures of it:
supermicro3.jpg

supermicro2.jpg

No stackers yet? well here is mine.

Inside

Front Final PIc

Right side Pic

Backside Pic

Sorry for the crap quality of the pics, this is an old IBM PC Server case I got for a buck at the UNI Auction about a year ago, I have this one gutted (5 more in about equal or lesser condition), and I plan on getting 2 good ones put together. Hopefully I can cut out the old drive cage and replace it with some newer ones and make it into a nice fileserver.

image001.sized.jpg

image004.sized.jpg

image006.sized.jpg

image009.sized.jpg

Nice pin striping vile_asid. I dont think I have ever seen that done on a stacker before. Adds a nice touch to it.

Ill post mine up sometime next week. I have a stacker too, and jsut finished putting it all back together. It just got a new paint job inside. I am still waiting on a few USB parts for the front.

Damn guys, nice stuff! Also, Corrugated, I think I may have seen that in a mag somewhere? Extremely impressive.

Keep up the good work guys! I'm about to get my camera and finally take some pics of this AMS Genesis...

BTW Scorpionjwp, German Muscle, where did you score those case? I'd love to get my hands on one of those! I <3 the way old servers were built.

EDIT: Also, for all my fellow big case lovers...Thermaltake just released a true monster upon the world, the Mozart TX. I'm not a fan of Tt really, but..wow. O_O I can't wait to see some of those in this gallery.

I remember seeing Currogated on TechTV a while back. Then G4 ruined that channel.

I got mine off ebay for like 120 shipped. half of that was shipping cause it weighs 110 lbs.
Its a Advanced Logic Research Revolution 6x6 case, specs are in my sig. Its all OEM i dont have some hopped up crazy new system in it or anything cause i bought it cause it was a ALR 6x6 and they are hard to get, and impossible to find them complete like mine. If you want some more info on it let me know, there are a few enthusiast sites on these things out there as well.

Also thanks for the link on the Tt case, it looks decent i may haft to check into to getting one.

I got mine also off of ebay, the picture looked like a mid tower, but boy that came in a huge box with a huge case in it, scored by gettting it for $60.00

This thing needs some TLC, I've had it for years but haven't used it for a while.
I'm probably going to turn it into my massive storage server to back up ALL my pc's.
It's pretty heavy and the steel is about as thick as 2-3 cd's stacked. I was cutting a window out of the side, but it ate up all my discs for my dremel :p

case_1.jpg

case_2.jpg

case_3.jpg

odoe, you need too put that beast to work man! If i had that thing it'd be the case for my main PC!

Xipher, whoa! I can't believe I over looked that case...thats like my dream case right there! All the HDDs it can hold... man, I want! lol

CHAoS_NiNJA said:
Xipher, whoa! I can't believe I over looked that case...thats like my dream case right there! All the HDDs it can hold... man, I want! lol
Well, its going to take some work to get it into a usable condition. It doesn't have ATX mounting holes, but thankfully a buddy had an old case with a removable tray and he was giving it away, so I salvaged that. Also the drive cage was fit just to hold the drives on rails, so I won't be able to use them as is, but I plan on seeing how many 5-in-1 hot swap cages I can fit. Also going to see if I can get a LCD display up where the original one is, (doubt I could get the current one to work). I will say though the case is very spacious, so I have alot of work room (could probably go 2-3 deep with drive cages, having some accessable by opening the side pannel)

Back