The Offical Coolermaster Centurion 5 Club

i'll post a picture of my server later.
It's also in a Centurion5, but withsilver trim and no window

Hey guys I'm looking to get the Centuion 5-CACT05 for my next build. Is it easy to manage the cables with everything setup or will I have to make some holes to route the wires around?

Also will the Scythe Ninja Plus fit in there?

i have a ninja in my pics if you can see. It is a bitch for wires and you would need to drill holes for sure if you want something like what you are seeing in this thread.

Sorry for the bad quality pics ;)

compyqg0.jpg

pcku3.jpg

Never made an effort to hide the wires, specs in my sig! Just got the e4300 today! :)

here is my contribution. still need to work on cable management a big and once i push this stock cooler to its limits and get my thermalright bolt thru kit in the mail, my ultra-90 is going back in.:D

dsc02418tr3.jpg

my 120mm intake fan mounted with zipties.
dsc02415gw5.jpg

dsc02424vz2.jpg

bought the window a while back, originally purchased the case without one when svc.com had the $10 AR deal on them.
dsc02425il8.jpg

Does nobody in here use the front panel audio without a soundcard that runs it? How do you recommend cleaning up that wire. This is mainly for the ds3 board. See my pics on page one to see what I am talking about. In my pics the wire is the thick blue shrink wrap jobbie.

Does nobody in here use the front panel audio without a soundcard that runs it? How do you recommend cleaning up that wire. This is mainly for the ds3 board. See my pics on page one to see what I am talking about. In my pics the wire is the thick blue shrink wrap jobbie.
I used to, but i couldn't stand looking at the extra dangling wires that weren't being used.
I don't know if you could do this, but I was wondering if you could cut the wires for the connections not being used to reduce clutter.

Without damaging or cutting any wires, you could probably run a tube of wire loom along the bottom of the motherboard and hide the wires inside....

but otherwise, i have no clue what to do buddy
Good luck and if you figure something out, post some pictures for us :)

~ AMD RULES

here is my contribution. still need to work on cable management a big and once i push this stock cooler to its limits and get my thermalright bolt thru kit in the mail, my ultra-90 is going back in.:D

dsc02418tr3.jpg

my 120mm intake fan mounted with zipties.
dsc02415gw5.jpg

dsc02424vz2.jpg

bought the window a while back, originally purchased the case without one when svc.com had the $10 AR deal on them.
dsc02425il8.jpg

Nice set up you got there. Clean case and nice cable management :)

Hey all, just wanted to give an update on my Centurion 5 build:
-Cut out the front fan grille so more air gets through
-Moved the HDD to the bottom of the 5.25" bay so theres even less blockage (ghetto mounted on a piece of foam so theres no vibration)
-Reversed the side of the window
-and an original idea by yours truley (painted the aluminum pillars black but masked the inside so it gives it that bezel look like the 5.25" cover:

avcoreis0gzm2.jpg

Don't mind the fingerprints, heh

All new build today, just finished setting it up, installing Media Center and ghosting the drive.

Everything is new except the 400 gig WD Sata drive. Its a carry over from previous machine. Stats are in the sig.

P1010183.jpg

P1010184.jpg

I really dig the Gigabyte SLI board. Maybe down the road I can pick up another 7600 GT for cheap and double up on that bizatch.

Hey all, just wanted to give an update on my Centurion 5 build:
-Cut out the front fan grille so more air gets through
-Moved the HDD to the bottom of the 5.25" bay so theres even less blockage (ghetto mounted on a piece of foam so theres no vibration)
-Reversed the side of the window
-and an original idea by yours truley (painted the aluminum pillars black but masked the inside so it gives it that bezel look like the 5.25" cover:

avcoreis0gzm2.jpg

Don't mind the fingerprints, heh
looks good
let's see some more pictures
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!
JOIN!!!

Righto well here she is.

PICT1196.jpg

mmmm

PICT1198.jpg

Thar she blows!

PICT1200.jpg

Front

PICT1203.jpg

Open.

A few notes is that it is ALL 120mm. I modded the 80mm intake at the front to take a 120 and added a blowhole at the top PLUS there is a 120mm in the drive bay as nearly all of you have done. Is pretty whisper as fans are all running 7v and are Scythe S-flew so pretty darn silent to begin with. It also is really very blue, the flash just cuts out all the colour.

Sorry about the front shot, I actually cleaned the dust catchers once I saw the pic OH and the drive is stealthed and can't be seen except for when the flash is on! :p

Any suggestions would be great as to what to do. I was toying with the idea of adding a front 140mm to the cage and the original 80mm spot... but apparently they are quite noisy and not worth it so decided against it.

Mike

@Mike_Check ;

Great job,but in my opinion a neon fan in the front of case doesn't look good,a bit coz of the filter and the power-reset button in front of it..

But the fan at top is really cool ;)

true indeed, I was actually thinking of letting it go a while ago but decided against it. I'm thinking of getting a Nexus to replace it.

I have a question for all you guys: because I have put my hdd in the 5.25" bays and taken out the 3.5" bays... what do I DO with that space? there's just nothing there and seems such a waste fo space

thoughts appreciated.

Mike

nice pics guys. I wish I had some spare money so that I could clean my case wiring up better than it is but oh well.

I used to, but i couldn't stand looking at the extra dangling wires that weren't being used.
I don't know if you could do this, but I was wondering if you could cut the wires for the connections not being used to reduce clutter.

Without damaging or cutting any wires, you could probably run a tube of wire loom along the bottom of the motherboard and hide the wires inside....

but otherwise, i have no clue what to do buddy
Good luck and if you figure something out, post some pictures for us :)

~ AMD RULES

I acutally did cut then extra wires off at the first connector. Didn't have any problems with it and it actually cleaned up the sound coming from the front ports. However I do regret doing it because I sold the motherboard and my new one doesn't have HD audio. So now if I plug in the connector I have no sound at all.

thanks man. I think you had a thread over in another forum... maybe I dunno it's kinda old now. It involved a guy called Spazzy? or Tazzy? he had Starscream in his sig but either way you really inspired me :D

Any thoughts on what to do with the dead space?

Also I cleaned the filters... looks SO much nicer now.

Mike

thanks man. I think you had a thread over in another forum... maybe I dunno it's kinda old now. It involved a guy called Spazzy? or Tazzy? he had Starscream in his sig but either way you really inspired me :D

Any thoughts on what to do with the dead space?

Also I cleaned the filters... looks SO much nicer now.

Mike
nope, i've belonged to some other forums, but always used AMD RULES. Now i've made this my only forum.....since it is most active and great community

I agree with emir, go with watercooling :D

My wife's Tropic Blue CM C5 Rig built last year: About 2/3 finished but won't work on it for awhile.

Before:

KIF_0671a.jpg

After: :D

KIF_1115a.jpg

KIF_1118a.jpg

KIF_1121a.jpg

KIF_1129a.jpg

KIF_0956a.jpg

KIF_1122a.jpg

KIF_1071a.jpg

KIF_1188a.jpg

KIF_1189a.jpg

(upgraded monitor to a Samsung 17" LCD :) (sorry no photos))

System Spec:
Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz
ASUS A8N5X NF4 Skt 939
Corsair Value RAM 1x1Gb (Samsung UCCC) running DDR500 at 3-3-3-8-1T
Hiper Type R 580W PSU
Seagate 7200.9 SATA 250Gb HDD
Gigabyte Silentpipe 7600GT passive
BenQ 1650 DVD burner
Noctua NH U9, Microcool Northpole II chipset cooler
Mitsumi floppy/card reader
ACRyan UV CCFL
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Case :)

Thanks to the people at Xoxideforums for helping me with the mod. Also got some ideas from VR-Zone Forums and HardForums (Coolermaster case gallery thread rocks :D ). Love everyone's rig and thanks in advance for letting me be in the group.

Thanks! I am happy to be put into the club. These forums are great for learning. Hope to see more C5s and other CM rigs in the future. :)

I need help deciding which case to use. I do like the simple look of the Centurion 5 and I'm almost out the door to head over to Tiger Direct just to get one. The price is nice also. How much room do you have to work in there? I'm new to the whole PC building so I want to start off with a nice case. I'll be gaming on this setup and using it for Music and DvDs. What's a good motherboard I can use with this case for what I want?

i have the case with two hard drives, 7900GT, x2 4200+, and i have plenty of room
I highly suggest the case:cool:

yeah my case has been with me for a while good case heres what was was in it b4.
pcpics009.jpg

pcpics014.jpg

and with the good old 6600
southbridgepics001.jpg

when i got the 8800 i had to cut off half of the fins on the south bridge

I like how you spiraled the Ultra cables. Makes it look good.

Nice upgrade Nick. Nice cooler, mobo and gfx card. Must play games really nice. I am envious.
:p

to be honest id say since my 8800 had some problem with it it runs games like crap so tomorrow my rma comes and ups called saying u gotta be 21 at least to sign for it so im pissed off since im only 15 and my parents will be at work tomorrow so idk if ill get it.

to be honest id say since my 8800 had some problem with it it runs games like crap so tomorrow my rma comes and ups called saying u gotta be 21 at least to sign for it so im pissed off since im only 15 and my parents will be at work tomorrow so idk if ill get it.
i wonder why they are making you do that because I rma'd a few parts last summer which cost more each than your 8800 and i didn't have to sign for them and I was 15 as well
hmm.......well I hope you get your new 8800 soon
i like your rig a lot too
That is a pretty fast cpu actually... was using one at work today :cool:

yeah its holding me over till july 22nd and when ups comes im hopeing i can sign and if i cant i might just have to talk the ups guy into it cuz they auctually called my cell and left a message. i guess i can always tell the ups man i have a growing problem

Back