*** The Official [H]ard ARC ***

cornelious0_0 said:
"much" better score as in what? Roughly how much did it drop with the 61.77's? Was that with or without the AF optimizations in the 61.77's enabled?
I just did a quick test with everything (cpu & gpu) at stock frequencies & scored 2,000 to 2,500 higher with the 61.45 drivers. I'll play around with it some more this evening, after work. Now back to the daily grind. :D

deth said:
I just did a quick test with everything (cpu & gpu) at stock frequencies & scored 2,000 to 2,500 higher with the 61.45 drivers. I'll play around with it some more this evening, after work. Now back to the daily grind. :D

Are you freaking serious?!?!?! Holy crap.....if these things can take me to 70k I'll be more then happy.....gawd, I've gotta leave in an hour for work but now I really wanna just try those things out right now.....70k was and still is my goal for this P4 setup, and maybe its not as far off as I thought.

BTW.....any reports if the 61.45's are any faster for 3DMark2001 and/or 3DMark03 too? I have no problem with switching drivers for each test during the benchmark contest at a local LAN I'm going to on the 17th....but I dont think I have time to test all 3 apps.....and it'd be nice to know.

Guys, please let me know if there's anything out of the ordinary that you're doing with the 61.45's.....as even though I did finally clear 68k with them.....it stopped shortly after, with no more then a 500 or so point gain. I'm still happy to have cleared that "hurdle" but it seems all three of us are running 6800's.....and I'd really like those extra 1,500 points IF they're feasible.

Oh yeah.......my latest: 68,330

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1355229375

EDIT: There's also the 65.62's and 66.00's on guru3d that I wanna try out tonight...I'll let ya know

I just ran them at default and changed nothing.....I am sure I could tweak another couple thousand out of it but that would not really be playing fair....

I had two cups of coffee between the version change, but that's not all that unusual in my case...

I ran AquaMark, uninstalled the 61.77's, rebooted & installed the 61.45's, rebooted and ran Aquamark again. The first run was about 69k (with everything @ stock frequencies) and the second run was over 71k. Tonight, I'll crank down the ac, crank up the fans and frequencies and shoot for 77k. :D

deth said:
I had two cups of coffee between the version change, but that's not all that unusual in my case...

I ran AquaMark, uninstalled the 61.77's, rebooted & installed the 61.45's, rebooted and ran Aquamark again. The first run was about 69k (with everything @ stock frequencies) and the second run was over 71k. Tonight, I'll crank down the ac, crank up the fans and frequencies and shoot for 77k. :D

Seriously though......I'd like like to know why I'm not seeing the same gains.

Wait a sec......are you guys both running A64's? what chipsets? Maybe its something to do with my Intel rig and its some A64 mobo/chipset boost in the drivers.

cornelious0_0 said:
...are you guys both running A64's? what chipsets? Maybe its something to do with my Intel rig and its some A64 mobo/chipset boost in the drivers.
Yea, we're both running the a64's on the same board (VIA K8T800Pro chipset).

With my system OC'd, I'm not quite seeing the same boost that I was seeing this morning. I don't think I'll be crashing thru that 77k barrier today.

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=80166340

I tried for a second run after that and locked. I'm at the limits of what I can do with my silent cooling. :(

deth said:
Yea, we're both running the a64's on the same board (VIA K8T800Pro chipset).

With my system OC'd, I'm not quite seeing the same boost that I was seeing this morning. I don't think I'll be crashing thru that 77k barrier today.

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=80166340

I tried for a second run after that and locked. I'm at the limits of what I can do with my silent cooling. :(

Oh boo hoo ;) :p

I'm just going to assume for now that your ~ 2k jump is due to something your guys's boards then....cus I only see about 500 with my i865 setup. Unless someone can prove me wrong that's what I'm going with.

cornelious0_0 said:
Oh boo hoo ;) :p
Yea yea... :D I really wanted that 77k. My score is only 1fps off from Kyle's and he has an Ultra. He's gonna steal my thunder!

deth said:
Yea yea... :D I really wanted that 77k. My score is only 1fps off from Kyle's and he has an Ultra. He's gonna steal my thunder!

That's what's funny about this.....1,000 points seems like SOOO much....but it only comes down to an extra 1fps average......kinda funny when you say it like that, doesn't seem like nearly as much. :p

Snakester said:
Well I decided to try the 61.45 drivers and I overclocked a bit more. 212 fsb 460 1200 on my ultra. :) http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=885491866

Sadly keeps me in 4th.. I need to work some more I guess heeh

Well, at least you increased your lead over 5th place by another jump.....can't complain there. Still a very nice score dude, but that last 2k or so to pull up into 4th might be tough. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Well, at least you increased your lead over 5th place by another jump.....can't complain there. Still a very nice score dude, but that last 2k or so to pull up into 4th might be tough. :p

Heh yah that is why I took a screenshot of when I was in 3rd. heheee I wanna remember that LOL

cornelious, did you see my post on the drivers Kyle was using? I have a A64 system too and they really didnt make much of a difference to my system at least - maybe its a 6800Ultra thing? I dont think im gonna break 70000 on my GT but its nice to be close :)

And yes, 2.6 on air @ 1.65v so i wasnt even pushing it that much.

I have a A64 system too and they really didnt make much of a difference to my system at least - maybe its a 6800Ultra thing?

Possibly.....but, but, but.......it's not fair. :( :p

Pitbull said:
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1489488280

Watch me hit 70k no problem @ 3.5 and a bit more on gpu core.

Dude, it looks like we're both running OC'ed 2.8's with 6800GT's around the same clock.....what mobo do you have? This AI7 of mine is butchering my score, as my memory bandwidth is so much horribly lower then on any i875 board....even if the i875 has PAT disabled they're still about 1GB/s faster then what I'm geting with this board. When i moved to the AI7 I lost about 1,200 points due to the bandwidth drop....so I know that I'll at LEAST gain that back, and be up to 69.5k......bumping my m0 chip up to 3.5GHz would seal the deal for me also.....

I'll see ya on the other side. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
Dude, it looks like we're both running OC'ed 2.8's with 6800GT's around the same clock.....what mobo do you have? This AI7 of mine is butchering my score, as my memory bandwidth is so much horribly lower then on any i875 board....even if the i875 has PAT disabled they're still about 1GB/s faster then what I'm geting with this board. When i moved to the AI7 I lost about 1,200 points due to the bandwidth drop....so I know that I'll at LEAST gain that back, and be up to 69.5k......bumping my m0 chip up to 3.5GHz would seal the deal for me also.....

I'll see ya on the other side. :cool:

I'm runing on IC7 max3 and use 3700EB chips. My chip is D1 tho not m0 :( and is not 100% stable at 3.5g i eman sometiems i fan game forever and still get random crashes in desktop at that clock. I will bench @ 3.5 440/1100 i think :D

Pitbull said:
I'm runing on IC7 max3 and use 3700EB chips. My chip is D1 tho not m0 :( and is not 100% stable at 3.5g i eman sometiems i fan game forever and still get random crashes in desktop at that clock. I will bench @ 3.5 440/1100 i think :D

Wow, then I am really excited....cus I'm gonna be picking up a MAX3 in the next couple weeks.....I'm "only" running my OCZ PC4000EL, but it still does the job. I have personally tested my 2.8C m0 in another board (P4C800-E) to run 100% stable at 3.5GHz....and I got it into windows at like 3.65GHz.....I could get it to post at just over 3.7GHz....but the voltage flux on the P4C800-E "bottom'd out" my cpu's voltage on boot and it locked up.

I'm excited to see what I can do with the board, but I'll be happy with anything above 3.5GHz. Seeing as I'm basically gauranteed 250fsb I'll be doin' good.....anything beyond that is hit and miss.....but I'm crossin' my fingers. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
Wow, then I am really excited....cus I'm gonna be picking up a MAX3 in the next couple weeks.....I'm "only" running my OCZ PC4000EL, but it still does the job. I have personally tested my 2.8C m0 in another board (P4C800-E) to run 100% stable at 3.5GHz....and I got it into windows at like 3.65GHz.....I could get it to post at just over 3.7GHz....but the voltage flux on the P4C800-E "bottom'd out" my cpu's voltage on boot and it locked up.

I'm excited to see what I can do with the board, but I'll be happy with anything above 3.5GHz. Seeing as I'm basically gauranteed 250fsb I'll be doin' good.....anything beyond that is hit and miss.....but I'm crossin' my fingers. :)

Yeah i'm not happy with my chip, it hates voltage ic ant get it to boot at 1.675 and higher clocks i need to lower the voltage. I can boot at 3.6 and bench at 3.57 i think.

Pitbull said:
Yeah i'm not happy with my chip, it hates voltage ic ant get it to boot at 1.675 and higher clocks i need to lower the voltage. I can boot at 3.6 and bench at 3.57 i think.

I think the highest I ever saw my 2.8C m0 post was 3.76GHz.....allllllmost to that 1GHz overclock, but I'll see how high I can take it STABLY with the MAX3.

Aight though, back on topic. :cool:

Pitbull said:
speaking of topics :D
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=415750497

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=147316992

Ok im done for today... Sorry about the multiple tests.

Nice, i should have no problem getting my p4 up to 3.642GHz but hwat clocks are you GT at? that's what I need to know....i just need to know what I might be able to expect outa my setup once i get the new board.

It's alright about the multiple tests though, as long as you dont make a habit out of it ;)

Scored 64283 , didn't make it into the Top 10 :rolleyes: ... I'm curious how much performance im losing having to run this PC3200 at 368mhz with a 5:4 FSB ratio? (230FSB) Would it be worth getting PC4000 so I could run 1:1 ratio?, my current ram is timed 2-3-2-6,I had my 6800GT @ 400/1.13 but it didnt score much higher than the stock 350/1ghz run (63.3k) Anyhow heres my results. :D

jrw said:
Scored 64283 , didn't make it into the Top 10 :rolleyes: ... I'm curious how much performance im losing having to run this PC3200 at 368mhz with a 5:4 FSB ratio? (230FSB) Would it be worth getting PC4000 so I could run 1:1 ratio?, my current ram is timed 2-3-2-6,I had my 6800GT @ 400/1.13 but it didnt score much higher than the stock 350/1ghz run (63.3k) Anyhow heres my results. :D

From what I've seen Aquamark3 really does like extra bandwidth and overall system performance.....so you are going to be losing out considerably by running at that lower clock withthe 5:4 dividor as oposed to 1:1 with some PC4000. Have you bothered to run Sisoft Sandra to see what kind of memory bandwidth you ARE getting right now? I konw that when I moved from an i875 to an i865 setup (dont ask me why) the roughly 1GB/s memory bandwidth that I lost cost me big.....about 1,200 points in Aquamark3.....everything else was exactly the same....just different mobo....lost 1GB/s and 1,200 points as a result.

Let me know what kind of memory bandwidth you're getting right now and we can go from there.

EDIT: that's very interesting about your video card overclocked score.....when i bump my system from 2.8GHz to 3.43GHz I gain 7,000 points....and then when i go from 350/1000 to 420/1100 I gain another 5,000 or so.....you should be getting more then 1,000 out of that GT overclock.

Thanks for the reply cornelious0_0, I installed the latest Sandra and I'm seeing 5,021MB/s on the memory bandwidth test, seems normal when compared to the PC3200 refrence result especially considering its not running at full 400mhz, Not sure whats going on here but any other ideas are appreciated , Heres the sandra & cpu-z info (click for fullsize)

Hmm Interesting , someone suggested I lower the ram clock on my 6800 but leave the core at 400 and test again, I tried 400/1.05 and sure enough my score increased to 66,891 ,I guess my 6800 didnt like the 1.13 clock? although I didnt see any artifacting etc. during the 400/1.13 run... :rolleyes:

I'm also running official 61.77 drivers is there any beta drivers that might be worth a try? 66.9k puts me pretty close to other similar setups on ARC compare results, Guess I cant expect much more without overclocking my cpu more or fixing my 5:4 ratio problem ;)

The GT was clocked at 442/1120 I cant get it to bench stable past that on stock cooling, hopefully i'll get water cooling up next month.

jrw said:
Hmm Interesting , someone suggested I lower the ram clock on my 6800 but leave the core at 400 and test again, I tried 400/1.05 and sure enough my score increased to 66,891 ,I guess my 6800 didnt like the 1.13 clock? although I didnt see any artifacting etc. during the 400/1.13 run... :rolleyes:

I'm also running official 61.77 drivers is there any beta drivers that might be worth a try? 66.9k puts me pretty close to other similar setups on ARC compare results, Guess I cant expect much more without overclocking my cpu more or fixing my 5:4 ratio problem ;)

Yes that ram dosent like much clocking on stock cooling thats why i run 420/1100 all the time and i can bench 442/1120.Those 30mhz on ram wont do you as much good as 20-40 mhz on core.

jrw, that's not bad considering your memory's clock speed.....but just be aware that with the MAX3 at 1:1 at that bus speed you'd be getting right around 6GB/s bandwidth....which WOULD help your scores out a lot.

I dont mind the casual score discussions.....but for anything further (any further specific system spec questions etc....) please start a seperate thread or use PM's.....I'm just trying to keep the thread fairly focus'd and on topic.

Here is my official score and link
LiteOC6800GT.jpg

And the link:
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1019736164

WZ

Back