*** The Official [H]ard ARC ***

Check it out boyos........modded my 6800GT's BIOS.....1.4v now, up from 1.3v on the core.....auto detects card at 425/1150 now, bench'd at 435/1150.....probly more left in it. :D

246fsb_2.5435_435-1150.gif

More to come :cool:

Nice i was gonna do the mod but was a lil afraid on stock coling, what do you cool yours with and did you see temp increase @ 1.4?

Pitbull said:
Nice i was gonna do the mod but was a lil afraid on stock coling, what do you cool yours with and did you see temp increase @ 1.4?

Funny you asked, I just finished the thread. ;)

I've got the stock cooler on my card, with AS5 in place of the thermal pads on the memory, and a 120mm aluminum fan blowing 85cfm onto the card.....in addition to a Vantec Fancard pushing about 30-40cfm up into the cards fan. :cool:

cornelious0_0 said:
I know you're just joking around, but it's NOT cheating.....the exact opposite actually.

Yes, i was just messing with you. I dont have the nerve to bios flash at the moment until i see some longer term results. BTW, did you see this post i made http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=801413 ?

Any idea why some are getting much higher GFX scores with the same drivers and OC? Im maxxed out at the moment, that run was done at 2.6Ghz and 436 / 1.08. I have an AC 5 coming for the GT soon, we'll see how that helps things. It would be nice to break 70k. :cool:

trinketsummoner said:
Any idea why some are getting much higher GFX scores with the same drivers and OC? Im maxxed out at the moment, that run was done at 2.6Ghz and 436 / 1.08. I have an AC 5 coming for the GT soon, we'll see how that helps things. It would be nice to break 70k. :cool:

I'm just posting now.....yeah, 70k sure is gonna be nice....but I'm afraid I'm gonan kinda skip it....at this rate the MAX3 WILL be taking me to at least 71k.....probly almost 72k, seeing as every addition to the cpu overclock boosts the GFX score from my cpu bottlenecked 6800GT. ;)

trinketsummoner said:
Yep, you were right about those drivers! Weird, i tried them when Kyle mentioned them and didnt really see any difference, maybe its the more you push things, the better they are :)

And, my new score...... 70888 :cool: http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1086906387

Good to see it dude......but you slightly misread what he said before....he was referring to a couple newer sets that I mentioned.....not the beautiful 61.45's.

'grats

W00T!!!!!..........it has been done. Now I'll be headin' for 72k in a week or so when I get that MAX3.....but this is MORE then fine for now, especially when I never expected to break 67k with this mobo. :D :D :D

Congrats in breaking 70k! You might want to check your top 10 though, you arent #5 .... ;)

trinketsummoner said:
Congrats in breaking 70k! You might want to check your top 10 though, you arent #5 .... ;)

Heh, there we go.......can you blame me though? I guess I just got caught up in the moment. ;) :p

trinketsummoner said:
61.34s didnt make a difference to me :(

Hehe, yeah, I guess you CAN see the driver version in the description of the score.....ah well. :rolleyes: :p

It's weird that it didnt really help you, cus they scored exactly 933 higher then the 61.45's.

Oh well, I'll still finish my little database I guess.....cus there might be somone I can help. ;)

Can i borrow your FX53, popcorn? I'll give it back, i promise :p :D

arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1690249254 79514...
AMD 3700@2700 / MSI NX6800Uw/DangerDen NV-68 at 459/1188
BlackIce Xtreme II w/ 2xDelta FFB1212EHE and Swiftech pump/CPU block.
4XWD1200JB w/ 3ware7500-4.EPOX 8KDA3 w/ MICROCOOL NORTHPOLE nb, mosfets and pll chips heatsink/cooler.
2x512 CorsairXMS3500 and alot of fans. Shortly after my ANTEC 550 smokin' and died.

centvalny said:
arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1690249254 79514...
AMD 3700@2700 / MSI NX6800Uw/DangerDen NV-68 at 459/1188
BlackIce Xtreme II w/ 2xDelta FFB1212EHE and Swiftech pump/CPU block.
4XWD1200JB w/ 3ware7500-4
2x512 CorsairXMS3500 and alot of fans. Shortly after my ANTEC 550 smokin' and died.

OMG....i hate you. ;)

You have no idea that makes me want to move to my 3500+ s939 setup and do up my water cooling the way I want it....of course, with that DD block.....then I could finally bump my card up to 1.5v (1.4v is getting boring ;) ) and make your core clock look small. :D

Nice though dude, real nice......'grats on #1....bit a BIT. ;)

EDIT: Dude, how did you get the 61.21's installed on your MSI card? Maybe I just dl'd a weird version, but when I tried to give them a go it said they were specifically Leadtek drivers.

Either there ARE "generic" 61.21 drivers.....or you've got your card flashed with a Leadtek BIOS.....which is it?

I just had to post again....I mean really.....push out that last 500 points dude.....80 is so close. ;)

Good god, I'm gonna end up being in last place (nothing wrong with that, you guys keep me wanting more) with 70k. :(

Oh how this thread has evolved. :cool:

Actually this is msi card with their default bios and specifically tailored msi driver. I think you don't have to volt mod yours, just put a good waterblock with big radiator. No matter what, air cooling won't cut it to cool 6800Ultra. Right now I am with the 4th. PSU with this damn card. First,Antec 550 then 430 and thermaltake 550 they are died. I can't believe my luck. Now I ran with Antec True blue 480 for the card and true 550 for everything else.

centvalny said:
Actually this is msi card with their default bios and specifically tailored msi driver. I think you don't have to volt mod yours, just put a good waterblock with big radiator. No matter what, air cooling won't cut it to cool 6800Ultra. Right now I am with the 4th. PSU with this damn card. First,Antec 550 then 430 and thermaltake 550 they are died. I can't believe my luck. Now I ran with Antec True blue 480 for the card and true 550 for everything else.

Funny stuff man.....I've never had THAT bad luck with PSU's before.....just with defective cdroms. ;)

Wether or not i HAVE to voltmod my card is irrelevent......because it DID help me attain levels that I couldn't come close to with air cooling.....'nuff said. I'll give it a go with the water cooling before I try 1.5v.....the temps will be no problem.....but I just wanna see if the card can handle it....cus it'd still give me more headroom.

Maybe I missed it.....but what's your load temp at those clocks? My 6800GT with stock cooling gets to about 78C at 435/1175 and I'd REALLY like that DD block on it.....is it true what they say about the temps? how much did your load drop with it?

EDIT: I know....maybe the 61.21 is kinda of like a widely used OEM type driver that differnet companies talor to only work with their cards....and I just happened to end up with Leadtek's 61.21......that might be it.

here is a good comparison with ATI X800Pro VifreakinVO softmod toXTPE 561core/1200 mem. w/ temp.29C idle- 35C load on Swiftech MCW50.arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=80050813 run with same system and config. w/ that MSI card exept cpu at 2663mhz. In 3dmark '01 the x800 w/ score 29350 beat the hell out of 6800U, especially on game4.

centvalny said:
Temp. on that MSI 49C load and 44C idle.

Good god man, my IDLE at these "dinky" clocks of 435/1175 is still like 53C.....that's sick.

With the custom external mounting and shit for the rad I'm doing I'll be hittin temps like that no problem....i can hardly wait :D

With water and this gpu block the difference beetween load and idle only +/- 5 to 7C. By default NV40 is a flame thrower compared to X800 core.

centvalny said:
With water and this gpu block the difference beetween load and idle only +/- 5 to 7C. By default NV40 is a flame thrower compared to X800 core.

yeah, well....you still couldn't pay me to sell off my 6800GT for an X800. :cool:

rtierney said:
Here's mine:
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1959367747

I'm expecting to get 70,000 once I get my watercooling setup and overclock my cpu and 6800GT a bit more.

Thx, I'm rootin' for ya for 70k......as you'll need it just to get on the Top 10. It's funny how fast the Top 10 has grown.....I actually started editing the first post and opened up your link before i stopped for a few seconds and realised.......last place is still 69.9k.....sick. :eek:

snakebiteuk35 said:
Great forum

Thx for the complement.....but please read the frist post again......everyone.....try to keep new score submitions to one per day. I don't mean to get picky about it, but it DOES make it easier for me to keep track of everything and make sure I haven't missed anyone.

Back