3D Mark 03:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3045729

3D Mark 01:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8090836

Athlon 64 FX-53 @ 2814MHz(Vapochill LS)
1024MB PC4000 @ PC3200 cus it sucks
BFG Geforce 6800 GT w/ 1.4v @ 392/1060
MSI K8N Neo2

Hopefully I can improve the scores with better RAM and a 6800 Ultra.

Nice to see someone with some "decent" cooling around here....but I'm sorry to hear (see) about your 6800GT......eh....you win some you lose some I guess. ;)

Depending on how well the 6800U overclocks it WOULD help your scores no matter what, seeing as your GT isn't even up TO Ultra clocks yet. Oh, and the ram is gonna help you out bigtime if that's generic stuff....you didnt say if it was or not. It's kind of a shame to see a 2.8GHz FX53 paired up with cheapo memory.....but after a couple of those purchases I can see how you might have been scrapin' for change....hell.....i would have been. :p

It's actually Kingston HyperX. Doesn't overclock for shit with my system(205MHz tops!). The GT is maxed out as well. Not the best, but I'll be fixing all the problems.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, just goes to show you how much nicer the X800's are for 3DMark2001 whores......oh well, I'm turning into an Aquamark3 addict myself......which is where my card shines....so it's all good. ;)

Yeah I know it sucks, I see lots of 9800s beating my card, 6800 Ultra seem a little bit better than X800XTs tho for 2003 so I guess its alright.

aoc007 said:
Yeah I know it sucks, I see lots of 9800s beating my card, 6800 Ultra seem a little bit better than X800XTs tho for 2003 so I guess its alright.

Yeah, it really just does depend on what your "thing" is in terms of benchmarking. Anyone into some VERY serious cooling is almost automatically bound to an X800XT though....as they overclock FAR nicer then the 6800's do with subzero temps.....and they dont make you deal with/get around thermal throttling at those low temps.

If availability was any better later on in the year I would honestly consider going to an X800XT, just because they ARE fun cards to overclock/benchmark.....and I'll take HL2 over Doom3 myself. Again, personal preference.....but backed by a bit of reasoning and fact.

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, it really just does depend on what your "thing" is in terms of benchmarking. Anyone into some VERY serious cooling is almost automatically bound to an X800XT though....as they overclock FAR nicer then the 6800's do with subzero temps.....and they dont make you deal with/get around thermal throttling at those low temps.

If availability was any better later on in the year I would honestly consider going to an X800XT, just because they ARE fun cards to overclock/benchmark.....and I'll take HL2 over Doom3 myself. Again, personal preference.....but backed by a bit of reasoning and fact.

Yeah that is one thing if your going with phase change dry ice or ln2 x800xt is the way to go, its much easier to get it to those super high clocks, 6800s need all kinds of mods, I think Shamino is the only guy thats gotten one clocked nicely. Id have the XT-PE right now instead of my Ultra if ATi would fix their damn yield problems :rolleyes: I just got tired of waiting for a new high end card and went with the Ultra, I still might sell it, I like the looks of the Toxic XT.

Protoform-X said:

Good stuff man, it's really nice to see people keep pluggin' away at their scores/overclocks, whether it moves 'em up in the standings or not. That's the same "never quit" attitude that I have adopoted when it comes to overclocking and benchmarks and I think that it makes things that much more fun and competitive.

Keep 'em comin' guys.

Protoform-X said:
:D I just had to show the better score of my new card.

Of course dude, i know how it is.....I remember back in the days of my 1800+/Ti4200 setup when I would disable everything i could and tweak teh hell out of my system.....just to have another 20 or 30 points to submit to the ORB.

Oh such fun :D :cool:

sup harold? nice to have you aboard.....and I can hardly wait to see your new scores with the 3500+....as you're damn close to 23.5k with that AXP.....should be nice. :D

haroldmeyer said:
Actually, this is the 3500+, its with no overclocking strictly stock.3D Mark 2003 scores to follow.

Well come on dude.....get on it already. :p

Dont put me through the torture of seeing a nice system like that "go to waste" by not being pushed at least a BIT. :D

Protoform-X said:
Yeah, those are some pretty damn sweet scores. I'll need a new card to catch up. >_>

I hope ya do.....I love a good ol' fashion rivalry every once in awhile when it comes to this stuff.

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnd GO. ;)

Gundamit said:
All I want is fifteen minutes on the top ten. Long enough to grab a screen shot. :)

I managed the same thing here. I almost had a full 24 hours until you came along. I'll need a graphics card upgrade to go any higher though. Either that or winter to come so I can bench on my porch.

hehe.

ItsTooHot said:
I managed the same thing here. I almost had a full 24 hours until you came along. I'll need a graphics card upgrade to go any higher though. Either that or winter to come so I can bench on my porch.

hehe.

Are you benchmarking in your everyday partition/install of Windows? If you are and you really do wanna boost your scores a bit here's what I did:

1) creative a seperate 5GB partition to install XP on for benchmarking
2) only install the BARE minimums here....no sound, no internet, none of that. That means you wont have Norton or any other apps EVER running....i think i have like 20 processes or less loading on startup in my benchmark partition.

Do all your benchmarking in THAT partition and your scores WILL go up....hell, my 3DMark03 even got a slight boost, 3DMark2001 i think was about 300 or so higher, and Aquamark3 was actually a little more.

Well I got my screen shot, so I'm all done. It'll be a while before I make another run since my Antec True Control 550 decided it didn't need the two fans inside spinning. It got real hot and I think something inside melted since I smelled smoke. Super hot to the touch too. I'll try to get an RMA through Antec although from the posts I've read at Resellerratings it could be weeks before I get someone on the phone. :(

I was actually taking this morning to flog the hell out of my Asus K8V SE DLX since by this time next week I was expecting it would be replaced by a DFI LanPartyUT. Friggin K8V with no PCI/AGP lock, WTF? I might have to break down and get another Aspire 520watt power supply since I doubt Antec will turn around the replacement in time for next weekend. I've had three Aspire with no problems. What possessed me to take a chance on the Antec? The lure of steady rails right on spec and slightly adjustable.

In an effort to get back on topic, I'll ask a question. I cracked 13K on 3DMark2003 but I can't publish because they don't like the Nvidia driver I used. But that's the same driver I used on the published 3DMark2001 scores. What the heck? When I uninstalled the latest drivers and went back to the officially supported one, my system refused to find the VGA drivers. When I get my Gaming/Ocing rig back up any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

I have two scores if possible..
One with a x800 Pro and my highest with the 6800 Ultra
x800 Pro
3dMark 2001 29087

6800 Ultra
3dMark 2001 30532

I had the x800 Pro for about a month and sold it locally

I know only one score counts but I thought others might like to see what a tweaked system can do with both.
I haven't had a chance to play with an X800 XT, but I know they own the 3DMark scores.

My 3DMark 2003 submission 14686

Well hell, I see the drivers aren't FutureMark supported does that make the 2003 invalid?

cornelious0_0 said:
Are you benchmarking in your everyday partition/install of Windows? If you are and you really do wanna boost your scores a bit here's what I did:

1) creative a seperate 5GB partition to install XP on for benchmarking
2) only install the BARE minimums here....no sound, no internet, none of that. That means you wont have Norton or any other apps EVER running....i think i have like 20 processes or less loading on startup in my benchmark partition.

Do all your benchmarking in THAT partition and your scores WILL go up....hell, my 3DMark03 even got a slight boost, 3DMark2001 i think was about 300 or so higher, and Aquamark3 was actually a little more.

Thanks for the great ideas. This is a new machine, so it was a clean install, and I benched before installing anything yet. So although all my drivers were installed, I was close to your ideal from "nothing else has been installed" standpoint.

Now that all the other crap I own has been installed, you are right. I'm consistently 200 points lower now.

I'll have to crack open Partition Magic and try this. I want my 200 points back!

Back