*** The Official [H]ard ORB ***

James Earl Ray said:
Not all ATI, just mine. LOL. :D But Nvidia seems to own AQ3.
That's very true :)

I know I can beat 15k in 3DMark 2003 I just KNOW I can LOL

/me gets to working on the FSB he he

James Earl Ray said:
But Nvidia seems to own AQ3.

Figured I hadn't posted in a little while, and I just had to throw this in here.....I've never really seen Aquamark3 abreviated AQ3.....it's usually AM3. AquaMark3.....get it. ;)

Good stuff Nuclear.....get tweakin'.....you should still be able to hit 32k. You aren't running the tests in their default order are you?

No Cornelius, I run them in a order that I have found works best for me. It takes me about 1HR to run one full bench test, as I give ample time between test for the card to cool down and rest.

I'm gonna tweak the OS tonight, and disable alot of XPs useless features. Once I get the OS tweaked, it should do 32K pretty easily. My goal is to hit 33K on all stock video card cooling.

VO_Nuclear said:
No Cornelius, I run them in a order that I have found works best for me. It takes me about 1HR to run one full bench test, as I give ample time between test for the card to cool down and rest.

I'm gonna tweak the OS tonight, and disable alot of XPs useless features. Once I get the OS tweaked, it should do 32K pretty easily. My goal is to hit 33K on all stock video card cooling.

What order are you running? I'd like to compare it to mine to see if there's any beneficial differences between our two "setups".

PM me if you can.

EDIT: You can tweak and disablo all you like....but it still won't be quite as nice as a seperate dedicated partition....do to the VERY small amount of drivers/devices/programs I have to install in the first place. Most ppl aren't willing to put in the time to set up a seperate "blank" partition like that....but it IS the best way to go if you're looking at further score boosts.

I've done it a little differently.
My boot array is a pair of 74 gb Raptors RAID 0
I have second array a pair of 120 gb Samsung SATA drives.
This is what I do.

The Samsung array has two partitions, a small 16gb and a partition with the balance of the array. I named the small partition Caches.
I then set my page file, internet temp files, and both my temp and tmp to this drive.
My main array seldom becomes fragmented the cache drive does.

It works really well...

SilverBack said:
A reason why I wasn't added to the list?

Nothing personal dude....between this and keeping the ARC updated I get a little backwards sometimes. Thx for bringing it to my attention though.....good stuff.

VO_Nuclear said:
Just extending my lead a little bit...

3DMark2001: 31786 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8120267

Good stuff dude, I always love to see that.....keep it up. Now 32k is calling your name.....don't you let us all down now. :p

It's such a shame that my Intel+Nvidia combo doesn't hold up nearly as well as AMD+ATI right now in 3DMark2001/03.....oh well. I'm getting my Gigabyte 3D cooler on friday.....as well as my NVSilencer.....even with my GT clocks as high as they are (1.3GHz memory baby :D ) I'm still only hitting 23k atm in 3DMark2001. I haven't made it through 3DMark03 yet because I make it repeat the tests 2 times (boosts my Nature score fairly well) and the CPU overheats and locks up with the stock Intel cooler. :(

I'll be clearing 13k for sure....so I might be able to get on the Top10 for 3DMark03, but not 2001. Oh well, I'll wait till I've got both coolers installed and see what I can do, if for nothing else other then to see for myself and post it up for you guys.

32K will come down on stock cooling, but not tonight. My CL scores were still off in that test, as they only got to 418FPS. On a good run, I can score between 430-435FPS. I was tired tonight, and didn't feel like re-running the tests to build the scores up. If I can get my 430FPS in CL on a good run, 32K will fall.

VO_Nuclear said:
32K will come down on stock cooling, but not tonight. My CL scores were still off in that test, as they only got to 418FPS. On a good run, I can score between 430-435FPS. I was tired tonight, and didn't feel like re-running the tests to build the scores up. If I can get my 430FPS in CL on a good run, 32K will fall.

That's the one reason I hate dealing with 3DMark2001 for extended periods of time.....CL.....such a pain sometimes, as I've seen it drop a LOT more then 20fps. Trolls Lair in 3DMark03 is the same way though, so w/e. :rolleyes:

Hi i need to update my 3dmark01 score

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8121071 28848

i keep trying to hit 30,000 with 3Dmark01 but im not getting any where near it i need to get another 1152 points but i cant think of any thing else to do im running at

210 FSB wont go any higher with this rev 1 ASUS A8V

5,2,2,2 memory timing

Graphics card at 461 / 1200

All programs shut down with windows task manager and graphics card set to performance windows also put on best performance settings

I think i need to change to the rev 2 asus A8V should be able to get a higher FSB then i hope

Any help would be grate

Summoner said:
13353 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3147182

viccryan's score is coming up invalid btw

Thx for letting me know, but I'm not going to take it down quite yet. It was valid when I posted it up so I know the score is legit.....what I'll do is simply take down the link until he posts up a new one.

Again, thx for bringing it up, as I hadn't had time to run through and check all the scores to make sure none of them had been deleted.....which is most likely what happened with viccryan's.

Summoner said:
OK. I only checked as it was ahead of me :p

It's all good, I just send him a PM regarding it.

This goes for everyone too.....he now has 72 hours to get me a working link or a new score to post up.....or he will be removed from the Top 10.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3150606

4.13d.png
4.105temp.png
[
4.108.png
x800xt574.png

DSC02557.JPG

DSC02559.JPG

genen @ pobox.com

Nice stuff dude, I really like the look of that chiller setup you've got goin' there. :)

Oh, and 'grats on the high clocks on the X800, that you actually kept sync'd.....I don't see enough clocks like that, thx. I'm gonna be hoping to clear your cpu clock with a 3.2C and my custom water setup in the next couple months though...so look out. ;) :p

EDIT: You've probly got quite a bit more tweaking you can do though, as with my sig system clocked at 3.69GHz + 440/1200 I just hit 13.8k....on air.

Break 14k....I command you. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
Nice stuff dude, I really like the look of that chiller setup you've got goin' there. :)

Thanks... it's cold (50-55F), not frozen, but the chiller can remove 350W of heat from the coolant, I don't have to worry about condensation, and the whole thing is made for fish so it not only looks nice, but is designed to run 24x7 for years... Now if I could only get my X800 XT PE to go faster than 575/575 and still be stable!!!

dsc02492.jpg

I'm not sure if maybe it's too old to still be sold, but do you have a link to where I might be able to pick one of those up? Even a newer model if you're is out of production. My water setup was already gonna kick ass, but keeping the water that cool without worrying about condensation or extra water in the loop from adding ice would be really nice.

cornelious0_0 said:
I'm not sure if maybe it's too old to still be sold, but do you have a link to where I might be able to pick one of those up? Even a newer model if you're is out of production. My water setup was already gonna kick ass, but keeping the water that cool without worrying about condensation or extra water in the loop from adding ice would be really nice.
Yeah I would be interested in that too, pretty sweet looking.

Ya the chiller setup with all the other stuff added about $600 to the cost of PC. Stay away from used ones on ebay because they will have salt inside - which will eat your water block. GO new or don't go at all...

The pump/filter/ reservoir is a marineland magnum 350 (about $100)
Water block (CPU/GPU/MBChipset) are all Koolance. Tubing is 3/4 in to and from chiller and then using T's split into 1/2 in and 1/4 in.

OrionNT said:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT much.....but man, now I'm seriously considering a Mach1.

The thing is that the cheapest place I've seen the Mach1 is CrazyPC.....and after shipping for the Mach1 and Lian-Li body kit it'd cost me $770 USD.....or for me, $989 CDN. I would really like the Mach1 (who wouldn't) and the -40C temps would kick ass.....but that $990 price tag is about twice as much as what I wanted to spend on my water cooling.

The Prometia would be a very nice long term investment....and it would move me a few notches up the [H]ard ladder.....but I still dunno.

I think what I might do is buy the Lian-Li body kit first, so that I can get it powder coated black with my case so it'd be the same.....and then maybe try and find a Mach1 used for sale.

Back