The Official HP w2207/w2007 Thread

can I just use a hdmi to dvi converter, plug it in the ps3, use the dvi cable to connect to the w2207 model?

Picked up a HP w2207h last night:

REV GTM003
Jan/2008

GTMH3.7
LM220WE1-TLB (LG)

It's fantastic, no dead pixels, no backlight bleeding, really good colour (after tweaking, natch), and I love the pivoting stand.

Today I took it back! Unfortunately, the room my PC is in has windows down both sides and it's really bright, and even with dark curtains the glossy screen was simply too reflective. I can only see myself when I'm reading this forum!! A real shame as I love the monitor, but it's just not practical.
Exchanged it for a Samsung T220 , only had it on for an hour or so but so far so good - also no dead pixels or backlight bleeding, although that may change when it gets dark and I can check properly....

I bought a new HP 2408h external monitor to my HP 8510p laptop, connected to each other through HDMI-HDMI connection. Everything works, but all the
sounds are going through the monitor's speaker and when I plug my Sens HD 595 Headphone to my laptop or to my monitors jack output, there is no sound.

Can you help me here?

Thanks in advance.

Bests,
anpe008

Just got a hp w2207 non H.

Tried this guide to find out the panel and now i can't access OSD. I get OSD LOCKOUT:

1. Turn off your monitor.
2. Press and hold the 'menu' button.
3. Turn the monitor back on.
4. Release the menu button.
5. Press the menu button again.
6. A "Service..." option will appear.
7. Select it and it will display the Panel's model number at the bottom.
8. Post your findings here, if you'd like.

How to fix this ?

Hope you can help me.

Thanx in advance

Yep 10sec worked like a charm :)

However I'm already sorry about this screen.
The fact that the top of the screen is much darker than the bottom really irritates me. Fullscreen any solid color and it looks like a gradient.
Damn the LCD's I have been through.
First 3 w2207h's with extreme backlight bleed. Sent'em back. Then a somewhat reasonable NEC 20wgx2pro but couldn't get over the fact that no matter what it would not disblay darklevels below RGB(10,10,10). Exchanged it once. Same problem. Sold it loosing 200 $. Then I found a cheap hp w2207nonH decided to give it another chance arghh.

Any suggestions or just comforting words :rolleyes:

Just picked up a w2207h at Best Buy today with revision # STM 002

Panel # is LTM2201M1-LO1

Seems like they are putting samsung panels in the 2207h now

Manufactures date: April 2008

Panel # is LTM2201M1-LO1

Holy shit. I'll add it to the chart.

Quote of the chart I've been working on for those who can't find it:

HP w2007:

Code:
REV.            Panel Code         Brand of Panel
PTG001          PTGM25             ????
ATG001          ATGM24             ????

HP w2207:

Code:
REV.            Panel Code          Brand of Panel
STM001          LTM220M1-L01        Samsung
GTM001          LM220WE1-TLB        LG
GTMV1.6         LM220WE1-TLB1       LG
ITM001          MT220WW01-V1        Innolux
ITM002          ????????????        Innolux?

HP w2207h:

Code:
Rev.            Panel Code          Brand of Panel
STM002          LTM220M1-L01        Samsung
ATM002          LM220EW01-V2        Innolux
GTM001          LM220WE1-TLB        LG
GTM002          LM220WE1-TLB        LG

How to find your panel code:

1. Turn off your monitor.
2. Press and hold the 'menu' button.
3. Turn the monitor back on.
4. Release the menu button.
5. Press the menu button again.
6. A "Service..." option will appear.
7. Select it and it will display the Panel's model number at the bottom.
8. Post your findings here, if you'd like.

As far as the calibration goes: again, if you have an Nvidia based graphics card I recommend running the Monitor Calibration Wizard.

XP w/Nvidia Drivers:

1. Right-click desktop > Properties
2. Click the 'Settings' tab
3. Click the 'Advanced' button
4. Click the tab with your video card model
5. Click 'Start the NVIDIA Control Panel'
6. On the new window (in the 'Display' tree): Run display optimization wizard
7. Finish the wizard and you're "done."

You can also right-click the NVIDIA icon in your system tray, if its there, and open the NVIDIA control panel from there. This will take you directly to step 6.

That's the quick and dirty way to do it. Obviously if you know someone with a Spyder, then that would be the best way...

In 1680 X 1050 60 I can´t see my start bar in Vista and in the top of my screen I see a black line so I suppose that I have to move the screen up with the imagen adjustments but I just cn´t, I just see my background but not the bar below , What can I do , even factory setting doesn't solve this, I just have to return to 1600 X 900 and I don´t like that resolution :( I used to have 1680 X 1050 but now I can´t not even restore system resolve this

In 1680 X 1050 60 I can´t see my start bar in Vista and in the top of my screen I see a black line so I suppose that I have to move the screen up with the imagen adjustments but I just cn´t, I just see my background but not the bar below , What can I do , even factory setting doesn't solve this, I just have to return to 1600 X 900 and I don´t like that resolution :( I used to have 1680 X 1050 but now I can´t not even restore system resolve this

Were you using this monitor previously without problems? Also, what drivers are you using? What graphics card are you running?

Thanks a lot I just update the software of My display in HP and it was not the position instaed it was the Clock that solve this, thanks anyway :)

FYI... I finally got off the fence and bought one of these. Picked up the HP w2207h direct from HP. It was $310 shipped using their employee pricing discount.

It was NOT GOOD AT ALL WITH DEFAULT SETTINGS running off my Mac Mini via DVI to HDMI cable, but after tweaking, I'm happy with this as an "all around" monitor. Here are some settings that may help others...

1. Contrast at 80
2. Brightness at 50
3. Use Mac built in calibration routine, and set gamma target to 2.2 (not mac default of 1.8)
4. set display preferences to "light" font smoothing
5. color temp to 6500 (I think that was it)
6. learn the accessibility shortcut key for inverting the colors (see below)

Panel info: GTM004, LM220WE1-TLB, LG

Uniformity and backlight bleed seem good to me, but obviously position matters due to TN. The good news is that the stand makes it SUPER easy to move the monitor up and down to adjust to suit different users on this home computer. I can put it nearly flush to the desk for when my daughter uses it, or raise it up to my eye level.

No stuck pixels, but their might be one dead one. HP has good return policy, but not worth the exchange to me. I might get their $25 extended next day warranty. which you can buy anytime in the first year, i think.

Side note: Portrait mode SUCKS. I really thought I might use it, but NO NO NO. it exacerbates the TN viewing angle problems. I thought i would like it because I use a 19" in portrait mode at work, but 22" just didn't look right. just my opinion.

Glossy is great for some things (movies, pictures), not wonderful for text editing or coding. One thing I found that was a HUGE help was the "accessibility" option on the Mac to use hot key to invert the screen, causing white text on black background (like this forum) when I'm using MSWord or web browsing. Much easier on my eyes.

Speaking of easier on the eyes, the dot pitch is just right. I used to have to lean in on my 17" LCD, but I can now sit back more comfortably.

Other notes:
Looked great with an iTunes movie rental
Looks great for my picture editing. I'm not a pro, but I'm very anal about tweaking my family photos. I just need to have it at the right height when editing.
Kinda wish I had more vertical resolution (1200 would be nice), but I wanted the bigger dot pitch, and despite my desire for a 26" or 32", I just couldn't have my kids sitting in front of such a big screen. 22" is just the right size for us.

Overall, happy with the purchase for a home general use monitor. not something I would want to work behind all day though.

take care!

Quick question that I have been wondering about. Why does the w2408 advertise a 92% color gambit and the w2207h have a 72% color gambit? What difference does it make?

ok, please ignore my suggestion of 50/80 for brightness and contrast. WAY too bright for use in anything other than a very bright environment.

I've now switched and re-calibrated (gamma using Mac "calibration" by eye-ball) to using brightness at ZERO, and contrast still at 80.

I tried 10/60, 10/50, 30/30, but for normal use, I haven't found anything better than 0/80.

lessons learned... WAY too bright, and it can still look great at very low brightness setting.

take care!

wow, I know I'm picky, but has anybody else noticed this monitor sits at a slight angle due to the pivot feature? my right side sits just a bit lower than the left.

I really like how easy it is to raise and lower the monitor, but the angle annoys me.

Anyone find a good solution for forcing it straight (OTHER than putting something under the base, which I don't want to do).

thx!

i wish i could... but it only pivots clockwise (when going from landscape to portrait)... and I need it to rotate slightly counter-clockwise in order to counter the sag.

in case any w2207 owners are curious... I decided to try and fix the sagging right side issue myself instead of sending it back. why risk a new problem, when this seemed fixable, right?

so how do you fix it?

1. lay the monitor, screen down, on a soft flat service.
2. Pop off the black plastic cover over the VESA mount
3. Remove the VESA mount 4 screws
4. Remove the center bolt and washer off the mount and remove the black swivel bracket.
5. file the quarter circle slot just a little bit longer. Perhaps 1/32nd to 1/16th of an inch
6. put it back together.

The monitor CAN now rotate just a hair PAST level in landscape mode, but it settles nice and even where it should.

Now I just have to figure out if I can live with the glossy screen. great at night... not so great during the day. I'm waiting to see how wonderful the new 26" doublesite monitor is. if tempting enough, my HP might have to get sent to a bedroom for use as a small TV :)

I don't know why I never posted to this thread, but I picked up this monitor probably a year+ ago after doing tons of research on here and other forums. I definitely have been pretty impressed that it's a TN and it suits my needs perfectly. I have several much larger monitors at work, but for home use, I don't generally do as many tasks that need more screen real estate, so it's perfect.

I'm about to buy a W2207H from Amazon since I hear good things about their returns, but I have a question. It looks like they just added $50 instant savings to this monitor starting today, is that reflected in the actual price tag right now(283.99)? Or will it cost me 233.99 when I actually buy it? Sorry if it's a dumb question this is my first purchase from Amazon :)

http://www.amazon.com/HP-W2207H-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/dp/B00139S3U6/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It should subtract the additional $50 from $283.99 when you checkout. If it doesn't then contact Amazon directly before actually confirming your order online.

Thanks very much for the quick reply, gonna try it :)

wtf? i am at the check out screen and heres what it says

Items: $283.99
Shipping & Handling: $23.98
Super Saver Discount -$23.98

Total Before Tax: $283.99
Estimated Tax: $23.78
Order Total: $307.77

didn't subtract the 50$

did yours go through?

wtf? i am at the check out screen and heres what it says

Items: $283.99
Shipping & Handling: $23.98
Super Saver Discount -$23.98

Total Before Tax: $283.99
Estimated Tax: $23.78
Order Total: $307.77

didn't subtract the 50$

did yours go through?

It didn't subtract the $50 for me either, it definitely is supposed to though according to this

Click Here You Save $124.01 + $50 (Extra)
http://www.biggersale.com/hp-w2207h-22-widescreen-lcd-monitor/

It charged the $283 on my paypal, BUT it's still pending. Perhaps you don't get the refund until it actually goes through? I emailed them asking about it so maybe I will have an answer by morning. Either way it's not a big deal to me, Amazon has really cool support and will let you return pretty much anything for any reason.

The email confirmed that the $50 was included in the price tag, so that biggersale ad was pretty misleading :(

Oh well, it's still the cheapest price around for this right now so I'll keep it if it's good.

I am contemplating purchasing another one of these HP w2207 monitors for a dual monitor setup. The one I currently have is the w2207 and I noticed that HP released the w2207h version recently. Does the "h" version provide any significant changes aside from swapping the DVI port for an HDMI port? Basically, I can buy either version (h or non h) for about the same cost. The way I see it, the only difference in getting the "h" version is going to force me to buy an HDMI-->DVI adapter and that's it.

Any comments or ideas on this?

Panel # is LTM2201M1-LO1

Hey, folks, have been reading this post for a while and today I finally decided to bite the bullet and picked-up a 2207h at Staples for $280 US. It was marked $70 off their regular price, plus this weekend is a "Sales Tax Holiday" in my State, which means I saved another $14. It replaces a bulky, aging 19" Samsung 950p, which I've been very happy with. That being said, here's the pertinent info:

Revision: STM002 listed on the box; STMH3.9 listed in the Service Menu

Panel: LTM220M1-L01

Manufacture Date: April 2008

I am contemplating purchasing another one of these HP w2207 monitors for a dual monitor setup. The one I currently have is the w2207 and I noticed that HP released the w2207h version recently. Does the "h" version provide any significant changes aside from swapping the DVI port for an HDMI port? Basically, I can buy either version (h or non h) for about the same cost. The way I see it, the only difference in getting the "h" version is going to force me to buy an HDMI-->DVI adapter and that's it.

Any comments or ideas on this?
From everything I've read & seen, the w2207 & w2207h are essentially the same, with the exception of replacing the DVI port with an HDMI port.

My Samsung 2232BW+ sucks. When viewing white the right side is yellow and the motion blur is making me sick. Colors are washed out as well no matter what I try. I even tried MagicTune which didn't help at all. I didn't get a Samsung panel either which probably explains it. It's an AU Optronics panel.

When I take this hunk of shit back I'd like to get the w2207h. If I look on the box I should look for STMXXX correct? Even the other panels would probably be better than the 2232BW+.

My Samsung 2232BW+ sucks. When viewing white the right side is yellow and the motion blur is making me sick. Colors are washed out as well no matter what I try. I even tried MagicTune which didn't help at all. I didn't get a Samsung panel either which probably explains it. It's an AU Optronics panel.

When I take this hunk of shit back I'd like to get the w2207h. If I look on the box I should look for STMXXX correct? Even the other panels would probably be better than the 2232BW+.

Anybody?

How does the w2207h or w2007 compare with the Samsung 2232BW+ as far as color accuracy and detail?

On my Samsung when contrast is below 70 I start to see banding and artifacts in reds and pinks sometimes blues as well. It looked better in the store but of course that means hardly anything when comparing an LCD for home use.

I edit photos quite a bit(in my opinion). Maybe 200-300 per week and watch movies.

One thing I absolutely hate about my Samsung 2232BW+ is the backlight bleed. The darker scenes don't really bother me but rather the white scenes, even Google's home page where the outer edges especially on the right side are yellowish instead of white. Anything like this on the w2207h?

How does the w2207h or w2007 compare with the Samsung 2232BW+ as far as color accuracy and detail?

On my Samsung when contrast is below 70 I start to see banding and artifacts in reds and pinks sometimes blues as well. It looked better in the store but of course that means hardly anything when comparing an LCD for home use.

I edit photos quite a bit(in my opinion). Maybe 200-300 per week and watch movies.

One thing I absolutely hate about my Samsung 2232BW+ is the backlight bleed. The darker scenes don't really bother me but rather the white scenes, even Google's home page where the outer edges especially on the right side are yellowish instead of white. Anything like this on the w2207h?

Its going to vary from monitor to monitor, even the same brand and model. Just go look at the w2207h and see what you think, that's the only real thing to do if you're serious about getting one.

If you're dead serious about color and gamma, then you might want to try a different type of panel.

Back