The OFFICIAL Oblivion mod sticky!

I fairly sure I read somewhere that those are shadow problems caused by some combination of settings. Try dropping or disabling some of the shadow options and see if it improves.

I know that there is a mod manager available for Oblivion, but I don't know 1) do I need it and 2) where can I get it.

I'm running OOO, MMM, and some other Mods, such as the Armory Lab, Manequins, Bag of Holding, Arena Loot, and some others...probably around 15-20 Mods in all.

Do I need a mod manager to set the load order of these mods?

ps. if you need more info, like the exact mods I'm running to make sush a determination, let me know.

I know that there is a mod manager available for Oblivion, but I don't know 1) do I need it and 2) where can I get it.

I'm running OOO, MMM, and some other Mods, such as the Armory Lab, Manequins, Bag of Holding, Arena Loot, and some others...probably around 15-20 Mods in all.

Do I need a mod manager to set the load order of these mods?

ps. if you need more info, like the exact mods I'm running to make sush a determination, let me know.

Well, you can manually do what the mod manager (OBMM) does but it will take much longer and is much more complicated. 15-20 mods is very little but OOO and MMM will conflict so you have to load MMM after OOO otherwise you lose some stuff. I say just use the OBMM as it takes a second to install and is painfully easy to use. Link to OBMM

Anyone have a good quickstart mod that includes the items throughout the tutorial, using ooo/mmm/af if that makes a difference. Thanks.

I'm thinking of dling OOO and a few other mods. Main thing I'm wondering is, is it okay to get them and run them in the middle of a save file?

I have about 35 hours put into my current save. I spent a good bit of that time just exploring dungeons and the countryside. I've done a tiny bit of the Main Quest. I'm at the point where they ask me to go through the first Oblivion gate. I'm up to Swordsman in the Fighters guild. I've done a few random quests and found the Vampire cure. I'm a level 7 Nord.

Should I play through it first without any of the mods like OOO and Qarls Texture packs first and then play through it again with them? I'm just wondering because I've got KotN and I'll be getting the Expansion when it comes out in April(or when it comes out) and I don't feel like playing through all that without the mods and then again with them. I would like to experience Oblivion the way it looks and feels with the mods.

Mainly, I'm asking if it'll mess up my save. I thought I read somewhere that it's better to start a fresh game with the mods instead of running them in the middle of a save.

All I know is between all the graphical mods and OOO/MMM I've got over 10GB in my Oblivion folder :eek:

Love it

I'm thinking of dling OOO and a few other mods. Main thing I'm wondering is, is it okay to get them and run them in the middle of a save file?

I have about 35 hours put into my current save. I spent a good bit of that time just exploring dungeons and the countryside. I've done a tiny bit of the Main Quest. I'm at the point where they ask me to go through the first Oblivion gate. I'm up to Swordsman in the Fighters guild. I've done a few random quests and found the Vampire cure. I'm a level 7 Nord.

Should I play through it first without any of the mods like OOO and Qarls Texture packs first and then play through it again with them? I'm just wondering because I've got KotN and I'll be getting the Expansion when it comes out in April(or when it comes out) and I don't feel like playing through all that without the mods and then again with them. I would like to experience Oblivion the way it looks and feels with the mods.

Mainly, I'm asking if it'll mess up my save. I thought I read somewhere that it's better to start a fresh game with the mods instead of running them in the middle of a save.

I know OOO will let you start in the middle of a game, if you use a utility they link to on their page. Dunno about the other mods, sorry. Personally, I'd suggest getting through the game once first, then go back and play it again with OOO and whatever mods you desire to see the differences... ;)

I know OOO will let you start in the middle of a game, if you use a utility they link to on their page. Dunno about the other mods, sorry. Personally, I'd suggest getting through the game once first, then go back and play it again with OOO and whatever mods you desire to see the differences... ;)

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'll play through it once and then go through second time with a whole bunch of mods. I have a couple running now. Just a house mod and BTmod.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'll play through it once and then go through second time with a whole bunch of mods. I have a couple running now. Just a house mod and BTmod.

Yeah, BTmod is a MUST! :D

I also recommend the color map mod, as it makes a nice visual difference.

Yeah, BTmod is a MUST! :D

I also recommend the color map mod, as it makes a nice visual difference.

I think I might get that one too. :)

I'll probably just do minor mods for now. Do the major ones on the second time through.

Thanks for the reply.

Don't do that! get OOO and MMM now! They enhance the game in so many ways that I cannot begin to describe them all! I recently installed both of these mods and have 4 different characters I'm in the middle of.

If you read the documentation it tells you that you'll need to use the Wrye Bash program (link on site) to update your savegames to use the mods.

it's easy to do and worth the effort in so many ways!

This is hands-down one of the best inventory mods. I don't know why it doesn't get more press but I just discovered it the other day and it's AWESOME. The only drawback is that it's only for the F2 inventory (doesn't affect stats, magic, or containers)

wz_inventory mod - http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3595

pic gallery - http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3595#gallery

wz_inv + BT Mod > BT Mod alone

wz_Inventory-1.jpg

So I just reinstalled Oblivion since I want to take a long break from WoW, and am having some trouble with mods.
Basically what i'm looking for is a anti-level mod, better map/inventory/ui mod, and of course what i'm extremely looking for is a graphics revamp from textures, water, weather, etc.
I'll be going through all the pages tonight, but was wondering if anyone could recommend some of the "must haves."

There is a 'make it pretty' mod somewhere, not sure if it's mentioned here or not but it might be worth getting. There's quite a few mods which replace the textures with ones with higher resolutions- qarls texture packs are awesome, by the way.

god i forgot how fun this game is.. I downloaded a few mods, bout 10 of them and damn this game looks amazing! I'll get some pictures up later

I'm adding my 2nd 8800GTX next week.. new fresh system with 680i mobo.. then installing Obliv with mods, going with Qarl's pack III this time.. and qarl's compressed LOD textures this time over CptNKills LOD textures.. they look nicer, more 3d. anyways.. screenies when it's all done. :)

The game plays fairly well with no noticeable slow-down, its usually at 25~30fps "most of the time"
I've got the settings COMPLETELY maxed out with 4xTSAA, 16xAF, and HDR on.

Roliath what mods/texture packs are you running in those shots? Qarl3?

Also... do you actually like the huge default crosshair or haven't you been introduced to the smaller crosshair + moved sneakeye mod?

Roliath what mods/texture packs are you running in those shots? Qarl3?

Also... do you actually like the huge default crosshair or haven't you been introduced to the smaller crosshair + moved sneakeye mod?

I just installed the game like yesterday, so i haven't found a ton of mods yet.
And omg I hate that huge crosshair! If you know of one that will disable it or just make it smaller please let me know.
I'll upload a picture of what mods i'm running later.

I try to play without a HUD at all, just type TM into the console and voila.

I tried that last night and it made looting very difficult, it was a "task" to constantly turn it off and back on using ~TM.
Anyone know of a mod that just makes the crosshair smaller?

Here's a quick screenshot of my Oblivion Mod Manager.

I got like two more pictures i'm gonna upload so it will be a sec.

hope you guys like!

Also, Roliath... if you ever need an awesomely comprehensive source of info for Oblivion (or any Elder Scrolls game for that matter) you should check out http://www.uesp.net

It's done as a wiki and extremely well organized and comprehensive.

Also, Roliath... if you ever need an awesomely comprehensive source of info for Oblivion (or any Elder Scrolls game for that matter) you should check out http://www.uesp.net

It's done as a wiki and extremely well organized and comprehensive.

sweet! Thanks man!
I'm glad oblivion has sparked my interest again, i got burned out with WoW with my lvl 63 T2 rogue...It hurt seeing blues better then the epics I raided so long for! But such is the nature with those games. So i haven't picked up wow in weeks (thank god!) and will probably get back into it in the near future. IF my guild hasn't forgotten about me! lol

To Roliath:

Did you just install those mods? Is there anything more to do than that? I ask because your game looks amazing, and I want mine to look like that, except I'm a n00b and I don't know what I'm doing :D

Another question: If I have already installed Qarl's TP3, how can I disable it? Is there any easy way, or am I screwed? I ask because I want to see how performance is without it, and because I want to find a mod that draws more detail distance and takes away that pasty look that far off land has. (instead of having everything pop up when you get a certain distance from it).

Any help is appreciated

I installed the texture packs last, i "think" there is a specific order to install some mods but I pretty much installed them as I downloaded them except for the texture packs.
And i'm pretty much blown away too by the graphics in this game, haven't played in a long while so its real nice to pick it up again (looking better than ever too!)

PJ's disco spell looks funny

Check out PJ's spell pack- can't remember the corrct name for it- it's awesome! He created a lot of D&D standard spells for Oblvion. One of the best is Time Stop, which stops the AI for 5 seconds. Works great in combat:D

Back