The OFFICIAL Oblivion mod sticky!

Coldtronius said:
This ladies and gentlemen, is the reasony why PC games will always be better then console games. :D

LOL QFT

This mod is really nice and just make Oblivion nights very more enjoyable now.

"Silent Hill 2 Pyramid Head Mod Rapidshare Link"

anyone solve the..quest or whatever for this mod? the mod doesnt give you the pyramid head outfit right away, you actually have to find it. ive been searching for quite sometime and i cant seem to find it. I know im on the right path, theres just this door that I cant seem to open. There isnt any clue on what I need to open it and I dont believe there is a "key" to open it. has to be something else.

anyone else try it?

qbert3 said:
"Silent Hill 2 Pyramid Head Mod Rapidshare Link"

anyone solve the..quest or whatever for this mod? the mod doesnt give you the pyramid head outfit right away, you actually have to find it. ive been searching for quite sometime and i cant seem to find it. I know im on the right path, theres just this door that I cant seem to open. There isnt any clue on what I need to open it and I dont believe there is a "key" to open it. has to be something else.

anyone else try it?

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it looks pretty fun. When I get a chance I can tell you how I do with it. Apparently in order to get the pyramid head outfit you have to beat him in a battle, but that should be the way it is.

Hey guys just started playing oblivion today. I already have the BT mod installed and am lovin it. Currently i am looking for a Mod to increase my encumberance limit. any suggestions"

thanx
john

logan1 said:
Hey guys just started playing oblivion today. I already have the BT mod installed and am lovin it. Currently i am looking for a Mod to increase my encumberance limit. any suggestions"

thanx
john

Yeah i have never used one of those myself but I remember a few of them being out there. Check on ts source, there should be one there.

I found this one a while ago and I thought it was here but I don't see it and I think it should be here. Beautiful Stars The night sky looks so much better with this. The scrrenshots on the download link do not show enough to give the mod justice so try it and you will se how much of an improvement it is.

edit:
I found another awesome night sky mod that gives better nebular textures. This and the Beautiful stars mod are must haves.

New Nubular Textures

betterstarsandnebula18tt.jpg

betterstarsandnebula28jl.jpg

saw a screenshot of what pyramid head looks like in oblivion with the mod.... still dont know how to unlock it!!! i got to the second door and now im like ?!?!?!?? what more do they want!?!

itsmikey said:
uh, anyone else to download mods from? this is ridiculous.. 30+ minute wait per mod

Some of the web pages coming up were sluggish 30sec, but all downloads even the 2meg one's finished in under 30 secs. You on dial up?

Sunin

itsmikey said:
if the files over 3mb, there is

i'm sick of all these sign up to download sites

Search for the thread of the mod at elderscrolls forums they usually have a link to rapidshare or their own website....

Speaking of ne mods.

Draw a weaon and cast spells from my horse? Any word as to when this one is going to be released?

I was looking for a nice mod that would add a huge house near the Imperial City since I wanted more space for storage in a central location. I found perhaps the greatest "house" ever. It's a free Ayleid home that can only be reached via a teleportation spell since the home is not in Tamriel. The spell is learned via reading a book in Narfinsel ruin. There's even a book about the Ayleid who built it that fits into the mythology well.
There is so much storage space and ton's of chests labeled for all your equipment based on class,material, and if it's enchanted. Respawing repair hammers, tons of display cases, an Ayleid well, Display hall, bedrom with library, and a nice garden for alchemy ingrediants. I also installed the mannequin mod and now all my equipment sets are on display. I don't ever need to buy another house since I can instantly teleport to my house and then return right back where I was.

I had to register to DL but it was worth it.

The next greatest mod will be horse combat since I think this "house" is the coolest one I've downloaded yet.

Here is the file.

revenant said:
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

a couple URLs with great Oblivion mods.. I loaded a bunch of these up last night and they're nice.. the more natual env one and the better night sky ones are cool.. and the pet shop near cheydinhal is also fun! I have a pet cougar now! weeeee.. Just like Ricky Bobby!! lol ;)

anyways, the URLs

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=41

http://www.actiontrip.com/features/oblivionmodheaven.phtml

Yea, holy crap, 7 month old thread resurrection.
Anyhow, I got all my mods from:
www.tessource.com and www.oblivionsource.com.

I just installed these mods and WOW.. the outdoors looks soooooo nice now.. smooth and these mods fly on the 8800GTX... like buttah. :D I did all the Quarl Paralax and texture pack 2 also.. they're really nice.. this game looks even more amazing now.

I think a new section needs to be added for official mods on the mod list.

I just picked up the Knights of the Nine collection from my local EB (best buy said they had it, but it wasn't on the shelves and the kid walking through only worked in the camera dept :( ) Anyway, it's awesome!

I love all of the official downloadable content Bethesda has created. It adds a lot of new stuff to the game. However, I do think it's kinda funny that 2 of the mods both start out with your character receiving letters than a relative died and willed you his house, and the keys for said houses. I started a new C when I got these mods- alwasy wanted to play an evil C and join the DB :cool: SO it was pretty funny to me for my brand new C to suddenly inherit 2 houses from obscure relatives at the same time. Praise Sithis :D j/k

Nina Edit: Also, I think that the Spell Tomes mod is pretty awesome- I get new spells and can add to my book collection at the same time ;)

I am running these graphical enhancement mods:

Qarl's Textures
Natural Environments
Oblivion Ayleid Ruin Parallax texture pack
Oblivion Sewer Parallax texture pack
CaptNKILL's No Tiling Mod
CaptNKILL's LOD Texture Mod
Immersive Interface
BT Mod

they can all be found here. I'm still shocked at how well this one 8800GTX can handle this.. even with all these mods stacked on.. stays above 30fps at all times.. crazy!

I am a little bummed that none of the better night sky mods work with Natural Env.. but oh well. that mod is too good to give up... plus the moons from the night sky mods show up.. just not the stars.

I think I am going to load up the cities giga pack tonight..

Due to the fact that the Oblivion Pics thread has so much goodness that one thread can't hold all the good information, I thought I'd make an Oblivion Mods thread.
It would be really great if some of the people that posted the really great pics in the other thread could list what they are running in this one. Also, if you are running something new or developing something new, this would be a good resource for the [H] Oblivion players.

I know that I haven't played Oblivion since my hard drive upgrade 4 months ago, and looking at the SS thread, it almost looks like a totally new game with all of the mods available now. Share the Oblivion goodness with everyone!

EDIT: I am currently reinstalling Oblivion, so any suggestions would be appreciated. So far I'm installing O³, MMM, Elaborate Eyes, and Ren's Faces. I'm looking for the mod that adds the Dremora Hair, but I'm having trouble locating it. I'd also like to add some improved landscapes and texture mods, so advice on recent releases of both of these would be great.

Damn...my mistake. Please accept my apologies. I will move my questions there. Thank you, Mr. Face.

I am currently reinstalling Oblivion, so any suggestions would be appreciated. So far I'm installing O³, MMM, Elaborate Eyes, and Ren's Faces. I'm looking for the mod that adds the Dremora Hair, but I'm having trouble locating it. I'd also like to add some improved landscapes and texture mods, so advice on recent releases of both of these would be great.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

EDIT: I opened another Oblivion thread entitled Oblivion Mod Thread after the Oblivion Pics thread had so many great screen shots that I decided it was time to install again and I started trying to find out about new mods. Many of the links in the first page don't work anymore. I'm going to try to add some new information to that thread. I didn't do this to be confusing, but rather to update the information. Some people in the other thread mentioned that it was time for an update, and I agree. Link is here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1144545

MrSatan, I am in no way desiring to usurp your thread or hijack it or anything - we just need an updated one. No offense is intended.

Damn...my mistake. Please accept my apologies. I will move my questions there. Thank you, Mr. Face.

It hasn't been updated in a long time. Maybe it's not too bad of an idea to start a new one, maybe with more information on exactly what the mods do.

Get Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, it makes the game more difficult. However, I removed the "slow leveling" add-ons that came with it because I couldn't level.

It hasn't been updated in a long time. Maybe it's not too bad of an idea to start a new one, maybe with more information on exactly what the mods do.

Yeah, some of the links in that thread don't work anymore. Couldn't hurt to at least update them.

Is it worth trying out Oscuro's right off the bat if you've never played Oblivion before? Main reason I want it is to get rid of the 'world levels with you' garbage. Is it worth going through vanilla Oblivion first?

Well, if no one objects, then maybe we can keep this one?

Here is what I am installing so far, and the order of installation via OBMM. OBMM is Oblivion Mod Manager for those who don't know what it is - it allows you to prioritize the order in which mods are loaded for compatibility. OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) I have been told needs to go first, then MMM (Martigen's Monster Mod), then others. I'm also installing some texture mods, anyway here is my list, some taken from the Oblivion Pics thread where some kind folks listed the mods they were running in their most excellent screenies.

OOO (I use lite, and put in everything but the armor changes because I don't like them)
MMM
BTMod
Capucine's Character Expander
  1. Qarl's Texture Pack 2
  2. Better Tiling Textures 1.11
  3. Parallaxed Qarl Textures 1.0 (includes Skingrad Roof Textures)
  4. Parallaxed Qarl Textures 1.1 Update (includes normal map fix)
  5. Bluesteel's LandscapeLOD NormalMap Fix MipMap Fix v.1.1 (by Soor)
  6. Better Tiling LOD Textures (4096)
  7. Better Night Sky
(this is directly copied from the link list at http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/totoworld
it listed the order to load tex mods for 512MB video cards in order to avoid conflicts. There is more info for cards with other amounts of RAM, mine just happens to be a 512MB 7900GTX so that's why it's here)
The 9 Unique Landscapes collection OMOD
Eshmes Bodies
Ungoggled Helms (removes those damn ugly googles from the Orc, Ebony and the Glass helms)
Visually Enchanted Weapons
Book Jackets
Carry All You Want (yes, I know this is a cheat but I am a loot whore and without this I can hardly make it out of the prison sewer, much less anywhere cool)
Beautiful People

That's what I have so far. I want to add arena loot, but I had an issue where I couldn't fight in the arena anymore when I installed one of these mods a while ago (Like in April of last year). The guy you ask for a match stayed stuck in the arena closed dialogue. Anyone know of one without these problems?

Any other suggestions besides these would be appreciated. I have fast cable, and I'm still downloading different things because I've hit some slow links. I have about a GB and a half of Oblivion related stuff, and I haven't even started playing again yet..LOL. I'm interested in getting whatever landscape and texture mods will make it better before I actually start playing again. It kind of borks things up if you start loading more mods in the middle of a save game.

Is it worth trying out Oscuro's right off the bat if you've never played Oblivion before? Main reason I want it is to get rid of the 'world levels with you' garbage. Is it worth going through vanilla Oblivion first?

I got Oblivion in April 2006, so I played it right when it came out. I also played a bit of OOO 3 (an older version than is out now) later on, but I am not sure about the new one.

The only question I can answer is
Q) is vanilla Oblivion worth playing? A) Yes. It is good without the enhancements, and then once you load them you will be even more amazed that it could be improved that much more.

Yeah, some of the links in that thread don't work anymore. Couldn't hurt to at least update them.

You know, now that I think about it, what I *should* have done is take a bunch of screen shots before adding in the mods, and then take some after pics. I haven't actually started Oblivion yet, but I have put a shtload of stuff in the data directory. It would be cool to see screenies of the tex mods. At any rate, I'll try to take some cool screenies, and have more information on the ones that I have installed after I've actually enjoyed it for a while ;). Loading Oblivion and then finding all the stuff I want to mod it with has ended up being quite the project. Maybe I can make it easier on those who haven't played it for a while either and provide links/info later on in the thread once I've actually played them and can then provide an informed statement.

Back