The OFFICIAL Oblivion mod sticky!

Gabriel said:
Here's the deal. I'm a hardcore RPG gamer (ultima series) but new to older scrolls, and my copy of oblivion should arrive very soon. I am already looking for mods and was wondering if you guys can tell me if any of these I am planning on using are incompatible with each other or unnecessary.

I want to install the following:

No Compass Quest Marker v1.0 (I don't want to be told where to go)
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (because of good reviews)
AF Leveling Mod (someone recommended this to go with oscuro's)
Quest Award Leveling (will it conflict with no quest items?)
BTmod (also because of good reviews)
Francesco's leveled creatures/items mod (popular, good reviews)
Compass Marker Reducer (or no compass) haven't decided.
No Fast Travel (or marker explore) haven't decided.
No Quest Items (if it doesn't conflict with quest award leveling)
Natural environments (any comments?), and a few other minor ones.

Thanks!

Yeah when I get home, i can list some recommended ones and explain some to you.

Has anyone made a "Fight/Cast spells" from on your horse mod?

It still pisses me off that I have to dismount to fight stuff or cast a spell.

Are there any other UI mods available other than BT mod and Dark UI? They're nice, but I just think the UI still needs more.

Does anyone have tha face generator thingy? I know it was posted here but for the life of me I cant find it. You could put a picture of a face in it, and it would tell you exactly what to put the sliders on.

haha, the Cat Mod is awesome.

I installed it, then when I entered a town all the guards just started attacking every cat they could find.

This one town I went to was crazy. There were around 15 NPCs in this one area just trying to kill like 8 cats, with a few guards helping them.

I'm still waiting to be able to fight, draw my weapon and cast spells from the back of my horse.

And apparently I'm the only one who is bothered by the fact that I can't draw my sword or cast a spell while riding my horse. It really sucks to dismount to fight so I just fast travel everywhere..

I have never owned a horse (stole one once to run away from guards quicker though.. but I ended up killing them instead :p)
But if I had a horse, I probably wouldn't use it too much.

I have a question: does the "No Quest Items" mod conflict with the "Quest Award Leveling" mod? Thanks.

ChingChang said:
I have never owned a horse (stole one once to run away from guards quicker though.. but I ended up killing them instead :p)
But if I had a horse, I probably wouldn't use it too much.

Same here. Since horses are primarily used for transportation and you can fast travel to most places, I never saw the appeal. I just run everywhere, which helps my skills anyway... ;)

Been a while since I updated, but I added a few just now. Also check out the voice recognition spell software one, sounds interesting, even though I havent had a chance to try it out myself.

edited.....found out elsewhere since no one answered question here.

Shoot, there was an awesome mod that sorted spells in the way that potions can be sorted but I can't find it anywhere. Did a google search but no go, checked on TES and no go, anyone who has it, or knows where to find it, please post :)

Edit: I believe it's called Spell Grouping Mod?

Are there any mods that allow you to add more than one enchantment to an item? How about making enchanted items never wear out of charge?

I have it Weazmeister, do you want me to send the .rar?

And by the way, its called Spell Ranks 1.0 :p

Drexion said:
The game is really buggy when it comes to self shadows, on almost all graphics cards, whether it be nvidia or ati.
try turing up the "iShadowFilter" setting in your Oblivion.ini. I've found a value of 5 makes a major improvment over the default of 2 (higher the value, smoother the shadow).

okay give me an email addy I can send it to bro!

send me a pm with it, the file is already attached and the email is ready to be sent, just need an addy to send it to =)

Thanks for helping out on the questions guys. I am not always around to answer them quickly since I update the thread only about 2wice daily. Also there is some nice updates today check them out. Hope this thread is working for you, its getting to be quite a nice list.

Anyone know of a mod that strips items of enchantments? Just got the Imperial Dragon Armor and I'm really unhappy with the enchantment on it... :(

Moose777 said:
Anything where I can finally fight and cast spells while riding my horse?
Not yet, noone has solved that problem. Its a damn tough one.

A few nice mods today. I added a couple texture packs, for those of you who want to increase their textures, therefore making the game look quite a bit better. Check it out.

Moose777 said:
Does that mean its actually being worked on? If so you just made my day.
Oh for sure it is being worked on. I know two modders alone who are working on it. Its just a very hard thing to do because bethesda didnt even put code for it in.

MrSatan said:
Oh for sure it is being worked on. I know two modders alone who are working on it. Its just a very hard thing to do because bethesda didnt even put code for it in.
Oh rock on!!! This has been pissing me off ever since I got the Priory horse.

Weazmeister said:
Some of those are really nice however I get a 404 on every attempt to download. Alternate DL location?

I don't have an alternate DL location but I would check out www.tessource.net. If you can't find them there, I'll send them to you. Just PM me and we can work that out.

Tell me which ones are broken and I can try and fix them for you guys. Sorry but I havent really noticed problems with them.

Back