The OFFICIAL Oblivion mod sticky!

Is there any mod to make my infamy decrease over time or any way to just lower it? My infamy is like 100 and my fame is like 19 and I don't think there is any way the fighter's guild will take me...

I DLed the better sky mod last night. Installed it and noticed absolutely no difference. I can't wait for those new texture packs to come out as well.

I'd also like to see a real saddle bags mod come out. You know, to actually have saddle bags on your horse as oppoesed to stuffing them in his stomach.

Man, you guys werent kidding about the BT mod! Now I can finally read my menu items!

I noticed that after I installed the lod packs and shajas landscape pack the game takes longer to load. But at least now I have enough time to actually read the tip screens! The weird part is the outside feels much smoother than it did before.

Here is one that looks interesting. It adds map markers for Runestones (Birthsign changers), Doomstones (Bound item summoners), and the wayshrines (in the field buffs).

Can someone explain to me what he BT mod is? I DLed it, installed it. But I don't use it because it says that it gets rid of the map markers. Also, whats all that other junk in the ZIP file? Am I supposed to install all of it?

Also, did anyone have a problem with the texture mods? I DLed them went to install them and I got some sort of an error when trying to unzip them. Needless to say I didn't bother installing them because I'm too far intot he game to start over.

Moose777 said:
Can someone explain to me what he BT mod is? I DLed it, installed it. But I don't use it because it says that it gets rid of the map markers. Also, whats all that other junk in the ZIP file? Am I supposed to install all of it?

Also, did anyone have a problem with the texture mods? I DLed them went to install them and I got some sort of an error when trying to unzip them. Needless to say I didn't bother installing them because I'm too far intot he game to start over.

BT mod edits the item menu so it doesnt look like a console port over. There's 2 vesions, 1 with markers and 1 w/o. My textures work fine. Sounds like you got a corrupted download. And these mods (like most mods out) dont require you to make a new game.

Does anyone know what the weapon id of the BlackJack is in the 300 Weapons mod (or how to find it)?

Moose777 said:

Download the .exe version and it has an installer. By default it leaves the map markers alone, which is nice because I like them. Also make sure you grab the color map mod. The BTMod and color map mod are all I'm using and it makes a WORLD of difference. I'm not happy that Bethesda didn't do this themselves, but of course they probably had to rush it out the door. As usual the suits push things out before it's ready... :rolleyes:

BTW, I can't stress enough the difference these two mods make. You can see a lot more of the items in your inventory, making that interface almost tolerable. Plus, the map shows 2 - 3 times more area and is colored in very nicely. You won't regret taking the time to install these... ;)

wtburnette said:
Download the .exe version and it has an installer. By default it leaves the map markers alone, which is nice because I like them. Also make sure you grab the color map mod. The BTMod and color map mod are all I'm using and it makes a WORLD of difference. I'm not happy that Bethesda didn't do this themselves, but of course they probably had to rush it out the door. As usual the suits push things out before it's ready... :rolleyes:

BTW, I can't stress enough the difference these two mods make. You can see a lot more of the items in your inventory, making that interface almost tolerable. Plus, the map shows 2 - 3 times more area and is colored in very nicely. You won't regret taking the time to install these... ;)
Well, thanks. That clears it up. I was confused because it says that it gets rid of the markers and I happen to like the markers.

*Ninja Edit*
Does anyone have a link to the BT mod with the installer? I'm on TESS and don't see it on there. I see the old version though.

Another BTMod Link

This one has the self installer package at the bottom.

Edit: Just installed it and looked at my menus...WOW! What a difference, I can actually see more than 5 or 6 items at a time, and the map isn't a pain in the ass like it was before.

Moose777 said:
I DLed the better sky mod last night. Installed it and noticed absolutely no difference. I can't wait for those new texture packs to come out as well.

Did you edit your ArchiveInvalidation.txt to contain paths for the new textures (i am guessing thats why you didn't see them).

J-Mag said:
Did you edit your ArchiveInvalidation.txt to contain paths for the new textures (i am guessing thats why you didn't see them).
I read the read me file for the better sky mod and it looks like I put the files in the completely wrong folder thats why they aren't working.

I'm going to correct it today. As well as redownload the texture mods.

Also, thanks for the BTmod links. :)

Hey guys, I updated the list a couple times over the weekend and I just finished an afternoon update a bit ago. It seems the amount of mods being released has slowed down a bit. Hopefully bethsoft will release tools so that modders can start importing their own models to the game. That will increase it alot, because as of now you can only add textures and tweaks. This game is sweet for modding though, keep up the good work!

Lotsa good mod updates. Check and make sure you have the latest versions to smooth out those bugs.

Wow this thing is getting pretty big. I suggest adding the Sage balancing mod (Link). It comes bundled with a loot mod that makes certain items rarer (don't worry, its on a seperate esp file). You will need to make a new char if you want the full benefits from it. Well worth it imo.

MrSatan said:
BT Mod Official Link
Increased Arrow Recovery TES Link
Marksman Velocity (Version 1.15) Official Link
Fast Travel Between HomesTES Link
LOD Normal Map Replacement Mod (Version 1.0)Rapid Share Link
Better Water TES Link
More Sky Climates (Version 1.0)TES Link Official Link
Jarrod's Texture Enhancing Mod (Version 1)Rapidshare Link
Natural Environments (Version 1.0) TES Link
Improved Lava TES Link

MANDATORY!!!

Don't even question it, just download them, now.
Especially Natural Environments and Better Water, those made a HUGE difference

Download this instead of the Better Water mod. Has better reflection and sight under water. Also a boat mod, boats! Still in beta atm due to no collision detection. Still fun to sail around.

I downloaded the Quest Award Leveling mod yesterday, and while it seems to work, I'm having a problem...I don't know if it's a bug or a feature. :)

I have the Fingers of the Mountain spell from the mages guild quest, and while it's been suitably upgraded, it now takes a ton of Magicka to cast--I seem to recall some ungodly number like 1950 or so. I'm around a level 20 mage, and I only have ~350 Magicka points at my disposal at any given time.

Is this a bug, or will I at some point really have that kind of Magicka ability?

CodeX said:
MANDATORY!!!

Don't even question it, just download them, now.
Especially Natural Environments and Better Water, those made a HUGE difference

Except those two aren't meant to be used together if you read the info...

Just want to say again how much BTmod RULES.
A MUST for people who play it on the PC.

Kind of a slow day, only had one mod update so far. Hopefully it picks up later. Check it out.

I want to install the following when I get the game:

No Compass Quest Marker v1.0
Quest Award Leveling
BTmod
Francesco's leveled creatures/items mod
Compass Marker Reducer
marker explore
No Quest Items
Natural environments
Movable Bodies
Book Placement
Droppable Lit Torches