Thermaltake Tsunami Water cooled (with the help from Grahxen)

Exiled

n00b
Here are some pics of my new water cooled rig.

Thermaltake Tsunami Case
Hydor L35 Water Pump
D-Tek Pro 120 Radiator
Swiftech MCW5000 Water Block
Custom BUBBLE TOWER RES.

Computer Specs are.

Abit NF7-S 2.0
XP 2500 @ 2.2GHZ
1GB PC3200 Memory
Radeon 9700 Pro

Thanks to Grahxen for helping out with the mod, and bitching about every last detail. Now only if he would stop making bogus files on my desktop over our wireless lan..........

Here are the pics:

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

case6.jpg

bub.jpg

Damn that is sexy....

Here is the link to grahxens original case...

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=825433

Congrats on the case man, looks friggin awesome. I really like the bubble resovoir, bigger is always better :cool: . When your UV is on strong its hard to tell your water from your hdd cables lol. One thing though, take the tabs off your IDE cables, they detract from the color of the cables.

But overall, mad ass mod, you should be proud :). What temps you getting?

thats a sweet job but doesnt the long hoses to your res cut down on flow alot? Thats alot of tubing running to it

Yeah those X-connect cables glow like a bitch. Been thinking about buying some of the blue replacement cables to break it up a bit.

38.5 c At idle and about 40 even under load. Almost no difference between load and and idle temps at all. The case temp runs at a clean 26.5 c .

As for the tubes when you have a 320 gph pump it doesnt really matter.

Nice res. If I had that on my desk Id be worried about nocking it over. How are you creating the bubble effect?

Correct me if im wrong but the bubbles are made with that little thing attached to the res just above the intake tube in the last pic yer?. My guess is an aquarium oxyginater thing used to keep fishies alive. Really clever how its set up to prevent the bubles goin down. What water additive you using?

FunkStar said:
Correct me if im wrong but the bubbles are made with that little thing attached to the res just above the intake tube in the last pic yer?. My guess is an aquarium oxyginater thing used to keep fishies alive. Really clever how its set up to prevent the bubles goin down. What water additive you using?

The resovior is a chopped version of the 4 foot tall bubble towers you can find in those crazy shops in the mall. We chopped it down to about 18" inches. Put the water inlet about 4 inches below the output of the bubbles, so no air gets sucked back into the system. The die hes using is from frozen cpu, and the water hes using is from my Reverse Osmosis, Deionization 6 stage water purifier that I use for my salt water reef tank.

Grahxen

Thanks for the comments.....Grahxen told me i shoulda just made a res. But i figured ya gotta be original somehow :cool: I had those things sittin around from when i moved. We tried it on grahxens rig first but left it full size and didnt move the bubble inlet up so it just sucked in air. So when we did mine i figured theres no way a pump will suck down air from 4 inches......worked out well and im pleased.

No worries of knocking it over. The base is held down by clear mirror clips and kept in place from sliding by velcro. Next thing id like to do is maybe make some sort of a slip to go over the front to cover the hardware. At least a lil bit

You need to get some radioactivity window etch appliques on that res man, that'd look sweet :)

Back