Unusual Problem

JMcQueen

Limp Gawd
First off, sorry for posting here but I couldnt really find an apporpriate forum for fault finding. Please move if necessary.

Ok, that out of the way, I was wondering if members could help me out as my PC has started to perform with a strange trait. Every now and again the computer will stutter and slowly grind to holt with all programs freezing and the system just locking up. No error message or BSOD. It just stays like this until I do a hard reset. When it restarts, all the stored passwords and ID for internet explorer have been removed.

There doesnt seem to be a set time or period in which this occurs either although it does seem to be load related as I left the PC on overnight doing nothing and it was fine in the morning. I've tried a clean install thinking it might be a driver fault and anti virus shows up clean.

Any ideas?

You might have some malware or a Virus in your computer. Or your hard drive might be about to Die to.

I've done a full virus can and it doesnt show anything. I've also chkdsk on the two drives I have and they show up fine. Does intel have a program for checking their ssd's beyond chkdsk?

I have Been using it for the past 3 years and Works fine. Its just a Registry cleaner and some Others

If you dont want to use It dont Put there is Others like C.Cleaner. Adaware is another good one.

A lot of viruses/malware aren't detected by any antivirus programs. Go to start>run>type 'msconfig'>Go to the startup tab. Look for any programs that look suspisious, names such as DdsCtdE.exe are usually viruses. Just uncheck any that look like this and restart, see if that helps.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with this. Christmas etc took over. The problem is still there and it does seem to be a load issue as it happens most when Im encoding with Nero Vision and running a game or something at the same time.

I've tried mem test and lynx and it passes fine.

System is i7 920 oc to 4.0ghz, 6gb of corsair 1066, Intel SSD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Asus Rampage Gene II

Sorry for the delay in getting back with this. Christmas etc took over. The problem is still there and it does seem to be a load issue as it happens most when Im encoding with Nero Vision and running a game or something at the same time.

I've tried mem test and lynx and it passes fine.

System is i7 920 oc to 4.0ghz, 6gb of corsair 1066, Intel SSD, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Asus Rampage Gene II

Try running the CPU at stock speeds and try again.

I've done a full virus can and it doesnt show anything. I've also chkdsk on the two drives I have and they show up fine. Does intel have a program for checking their ssd's beyond chkdsk?

Did you do a chkdsk /r ? That scans for bad sectors and takes awhile.

Did you do a chkdsk /r ? That scans for bad sectors and takes awhile.

Or just a simple chkdsk /f can fix a whole lot of file system errors, some of which can cause really weird symptoms.

Using the /r switch takes a whole lot longer. IF you run it with the /r switch and it finds ANY bad sectors, it is a very good idea to replace the hard drive immediately.

The main drive is a intel SSD. I used the intel toobox to check it and it passed with no issues.

Having dug around the net, someone suggested that this could be caused by daemon tools being installed. So, I've done a clean install without DT and will see if it makes a difference.

Back