US Customs Wants To Collect Social Media Account Names At The Border

HardOCP News

[H] News
What good would this information be when so many people have their accounts set to private? Customs officials wouldn't be able to see much anyway unless they send you a friends request. ;)

The proposal focuses on arrival / departure forms commonly collected from non-citizens at the US border, as well as the electronic form used for anyone entering the country under a visa waiver. Under the proposed changes, those forms would include a new optional data field prompting visitors to "please enter information associated with your online presence," followed by open fields for specific platforms and screen names.

.. how would they even know if you put down a random other individuals "online presence"? and... would they look at you more closely if you say you don't have a presence? or do they consider a forum account on [H] to be that? lol...

Its a bit like the old I-94 form you had to fill in when you entered the USA.

The rather 'leading' questions were such -

"Have you ever been involved in organised crime or terrorism? Yes/No"

"Have you ever been involved or accused of genocide Yes/No"

Hmmm let me think a minute...

If they ask you a question, they already have the answer. This is called a setup. Then they know if you are a liar or not almost immediately.

Best Answer: "Do unsuccessful genocides count?"

Hah, It would be funnier if you mentioned video game genocides... such as repeatedly killing Sims in The Sims.. or going on a rampage of low level town in WoW, or mentioning any GTA game, etc.

Sure, lots of genocide since apparently video games are just like real life to these twats.

Just say something like, what's facespace? You will get a funny look, when they explain just say something like I'm sorry I'm not on the interwebs.

If you are dumb enough to tell people all about yourself on the internet, you are dumb enough to tell them at border control. Now shut up..Slaves!

Hah, It would be funnier if you mentioned video game genocides... such as repeatedly killing Sims in The Sims.. or going on a rampage of low level town in WoW, or mentioning any GTA game, etc.

Sure, lots of genocide since apparently video games are just like real life to these twats.

I've wiped out billions of races playing Master of Orion 2.

From the [H] front page, Sunday June 26, 2016..

US Customs Wants To Collect Social Media Account Names At The Border

Just proof Steve doesn't visit this site on the weekends.. slacker!! ;)

I hate it when I get a [H] Déjà Vu moment.. I'm too old :oldman: to spend my time wondering if I am going crazy or not!!

monty_python_deja_vu_1296628_GIFSoup_com.gif

This boils my blood a bit. If another country asked me to give them that information.... Optional... it is only optional until most people do it, then it's no longer optional.

That is the lamest thing I've heard this year. All they have to do is say they don't have social media. Come on what a bunch of clowns.

Back