Valve games, steam games, Blizzard games cheap (Left4Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks op!

Too bad they didn't have any of the EA Command & Conquer games listed.

I'm just hoping that those purchasing these keys aren't really purchasing other players games/accounts...

These prices sure do look tempting, but here is somthing to think about before you pull the trigger.

One of my friends on steam recently had his account hijacked.
It was most likely due to downloading some trojan virus which then stole his account information.
Basically what happened is that the account dropped all his friends from his list and then changed his name and login/pass.
My friend had to then contact valve with proof of purchase and they re-instated his account.

I would not be surprised if this eastern european website is just selling these hijacked accounts which they obtain from such virus/trojans.

So will be interesting to hear if any of you who are buying these accounts find that they dont work anymore after a few days, when the original owners go through the steam re-initilization process.
BTW it took my friend 7 days to get his account back, so thats about how long some of you may have with some of these keys.

I am suspicious as well, so that's why i am holding out for more information before buying.

how long does it take to get your keys once the transaction is complete?

I bought Orange box and it was like 10 bucks. It activated on Steam without problem and installing them on my pc as we speak. I am a happy camper.

11.95 EUR is about $15 USD which is around $18 CAD. Sweet deal!!

Do you get just a key or the actual game to download?? How does this work?

Game is $49 CAD at walmart right now...

You go to Steam and hit options, then select activate game on steam, then you put the key in and hit ok, then it'll automatically download.

11.95 EUR is about $15 USD which is around $18 CAD. Sweet deal!!

Do you get just a key or the actual game to download?? How does this work?

Game is $49 CAD at walmart right now...

The only way to download games is A) By purchasing the game via retail (disc) and or B) Purchasing through Steam (digital copy) but either way, no matter which way you download, you need to activate the product via Steam (register it).

Again, I'm extremely suspicious of this operation...

These prices sure do look tempting, but here is somthing to think about before you pull the trigger.

It was most likely due to downloading some trojan virus which then stole his account information.
Basically what happened is that the account dropped all his friends from his list and then changed his name and login/pass.
My friend had to then contact valve with proof of purchase and they re-instated his account.

I would not be surprised if this eastern european website is just selling these hijacked accounts which they obtain from such virus/trojans.

So will be interesting to hear if any of you who are buying these accounts find that they dont work anymore after a few days, when the original owners go through the steam re-initilization process.
BTW it took my friend 7 days to get his account back, so thats about how long some of you may have with some of these keys.

Doubt it. If that was the case paypal would have locked this dude down by now due to customer complaints.

These arent accounts they are Keys you activate on steam. It shows up on your account as a retail purchase. You cant pull a key off an account once its on there its there for life. Keys arent transferable.

For clarification again. This is the same as if you bought a retail steam game. You get the key, login to your steam account and choose "activate product" from your my games screen. Once its there its there for life.

Yah, I'm not sure where exactly they getting the keys either. They possibly could have figured out the generating algorithm for those keys or are copying them from stolen local physical copies.

The whole thing kinda raises a red flag to me.

Post payment i got the ""There are no codes to the product in the base at the moment. You will receive the appropriate code in an e-mail message." message. Should i be alarmed? I don't have a second email with a key in it from them yet.

Well, I bought Blizzard games, not Valve ones, and I registered Diablo II and expansion on my Blizzard account.

Said it wasn't in use, and assigned the game to me, so seems pretty fine to me.

They're doing a 50% off of L4D on Steam now, so I'm going to pay the extra ten bucks... something seems "not quite right."

You realize if that was how they obtained the keys, their website would be shut down really easily right? Not only that, but it wouldn't take long before the word gets out and they don't get any business.

These arent accounts they are Keys you activate on steam. It shows up on your account as a retail purchase. You cant pull a key off an account once its on there its there for life. Keys arent transferable.

For clarification again. This is the same as if you bought a retail steam game. You get the key, login to your steam account and choose "activate product" from your my games screen. Once its there its there for life.

+11 bijillon

Post payment i got the ""There are no codes to the product in the base at the moment. You will receive the appropriate code in an e-mail message." message. Should i be alarmed? I don't have a second email with a key in it from them yet.

You should be good. I ordered last night at 11pm then went out for some drinks. My key was in my mailbox at 12:34 am and I'm downloading the game now via Steam.

Well I just ordered Orange Box for $10 and the key activated without any issues. Didnt put this on my main steam account though, just incase.

ahh I see it on the homepage now.

Out of stock on left 4 dead and they raised the price by 5 euro as well.

Says they should have more by midnight euro time tonight.

Yah, I'm not sure where exactly they getting the keys either. They possibly could have figured out the generating algorithm for those keys or are copying them from stolen local physical copies.

The whole thing kinda raises a red flag to me.

Because of the PC market in different countries, Valve adjusts the prices for a given region. Eastern Europe still has PC gamers, but they can't sell games at full price there and expect to sell much, so they give a steep discount to the region. This site in that region is taking keys intended for Poland and selling them outside of the country.

Kinda like if people could take US-bound games that sell for $50USD MSRP and sell them for exactly $50USD in Australia or the UK, where the MSRP's supposed to be much higher.

So they're completely legit keys, but Valve probably didn't intend for Americans or whoever to be buying Polish keys.

I understand there are different prices, in different regions, but doesn't Valve already service the EU area? I think they wouldn't need a 3rd party key seller in a region they already do direct sales in.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it still seems very fishy to me.

dammit i was gonna get that L4D for $15. makes me angry that i didnt bite last night.

It'll come, I got mine in 3-4 hours.

Haha, it seems after last night, some retard posted it at slickdeals and got shot down, but still, the site seems to have caught on that a lot of people are buying L4D keys, and they have then raised the prices.

I understand there are different prices, in different regions, but doesn't Valve already service the EU area? I think they wouldn't need a 3rd party key seller in a region they already do direct sales in.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it still seems very fishy to me.

Possibly retail keys, or Valve's prices for keys in the region are just plain low.

COD4 for around $26? Sounds like a good deal but I still don't feel right about buying from them...

Well, in case anyone's curious, I asked last night if this was working or not, and after doing some reading, went and purchased both Orange Box and L4D. Yes, they work.
I have a big suspicion they could be polish keys but after reading that some thai/russian keys got reactivated due to some backlash, I thought that I'd go for it. $25 for both, quite the entertaining gamble.

Haha, it seems after last night, some retard posted it at slickdeals and got shot down, but still, the site seems to have caught on that a lot of people are buying L4D keys, and they have then raised the prices.

awww. He got bit bad. I googled the left 4 dead thing and g2play. I noticed people had got L4D from them a couple months ago and haven't seen any issue.

They are selling unactivated retail cdkeys, not hijacked accounts.

I tried getting the Orange Box and while I did receive the confirmation of my order, I still haven't seen the activation code, so I'm starting to worry a bit. Worst part is, I can't even contact the store, as it says "Empty message" in the contact form.
:S

my key took about 7 hours to get to me. But I just got it, activated fine and downloading now!

What was the original price b4 they raised it?

I bought mine and instantly had my cd key, it works. Thanks

Got mine instantly after placing order, activated fine and downloading now.

Got my L4D key, took 5 hours from purchase, but did show up. Regged fine, all good :)

is Team Fortress 2 fun? Orange box? I bought it for me and I bought another one for my gf.

Do you think she'll like to play any games on it? She likes Counterstrike source!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back