Viewsonic VP191 (Rev: MVA 8 ms)

Hi!

I bought the VP191b fourteen days ago, and I've been testing this monitor very intensive.

I have observed that, smearing occurs more and more when the various colors get darker and darker.

I have observed, for example, if looking at a banner with a black frame around it on a lighter background ( webpage ), and when I scroll the page with the handle on the right site of the window up and down, I see a vertical smearing from the vertical part of the black frame.

In Half Life 2, when the dead guards lying on the floor, and when I continue back and forward, right over the bodies, I see ghosting, of the charactor lying there on the floor. The floor is somewhat brighter, than the body lying on the floor.

Can someone please confirm this. Hope you can't, cus' then it's my VP191b that is faulty.

Also another thing thats harassing me quite somewhat is that, the monitor makes a constant sound, I can't descripe it exactly. But it's not a humming sound. But a higher frequency sound.
I have watercooling in my system, so I can hear it all the time.

Can you please check, if your VP191b makes a constant sound.

The third thing I'm also wondering about, is the frame(bezel) around the panel. At the bottom frame, where you find the control bottons, there's a 2mm gab between the frame and the panel itself. Is that a common thing. Is your VP191b also having that gab?

Thanx, and sorry for my bad English

i think you should just change it lol

beleive me if those were the standard things one got with this monitor than it would not as much popular as it is + users will not buy it + lotssss of complain in case it was

mine for instance does not have any of the issues you just mentioned so i think ...

just change it lol

Are you 110% sure that you don't see any smearing/streaking/trails, of the darker colors.

One thing I forgot to mention is that, in 3dmark 01's Game 3 - Lobby demo, if you keep your eyes focused on the guys dark hair. On my VP191b, I see smearing/trails ( or whatever it is named ) of the guys dark hair, it's not much, but it's deffently there..

Please check that for me.

Thanx for the reply btw.

rgds

Here's a screenshot from PixPerAn

04a44-prob.jpg

How come, noone will answer suddently.
I have a problem and I need help, from other VP191b users

dont exchange it i have the same monitor, and u'll get used to it, its not a big deal and its just a side effect of overdrive

Picked one of these up for the spare computer that will now be my girlfriend's. She was going to go with the 17", but I offered to pay the difference between that monitor and this one.

It looks wonderful. However, all four corners show some pretty strong backlight leakage. Only visible when totally black. . . but pretty strong nonetheless.

She claims she doesn't care. . . and I'm attempting to let it go. . . but it's sorta the principle, ya know?

I got it from ZZF. When these are RMAed, do you guys usually go through the reseller or directly to Viewsonic? Because I know that some resellers are stingy about taking back or exchanging LCDs for problems like this.

H

Mine also exhibits backlight leakage from the corners. Also, I have one dead pixel on the left side of the screen. Neither bother me much because the screen is very rarely all black, and the pixel is off to the side so I never see it. But I do know what you mean about the principle of it. You pay for a product and you want it to be perfect. I considered exchanging mine (bought it from zzf) but the next one I get could have another problem, maybe a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen or something, and then I'd be worse off, so I don't know.

thanx for the replies...

The picture I posted is very different from the ones "kurtlim" posted ( page 7 )

How come??????? Thats what's worries me lot

Cus' "kurtlim" pics where the onces, that actually made me buy the VP191b

Back