We need MORE POWUH! Unreal Tournament 3 is almost here!

You want to know who his source is? I already did some prior digging:

That's his source. If you want a good laugh, hit the thread I posted this in.

I await many more opportunities to discredit his so-called "sources" if only he would be willing to clue us in as to who those sources actually are.

Not my source at all, but you can keep on thinking it... and ati/nvidia actually do keep their leaks pretty lean nowadays when they want to, hence why you haven't heard anything ;). If you really think people would blow their jobs/contracts to satiate internet trolls, you're dreaming buddy.

I guess a few people havent seen the specs released?

According to an announcement made today, the multiplayer first-person shooter will run best on a machine with a 2.4+ GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of system RAM, an NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ video card and 8 GB of hard drive space, running Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista.

Minimum system requirements for the game are a 2.0+ GHz single-core processor, 512 MB of system RAM, NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ video card and 8 GB of hard drive space.

The ATI x1300 as running "best" kinda threw me for a loop.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/824/824746p1.html

i think the x1300 reference was a typo....the x1300 isnt even close to the same class of card the 7800gtx is.....it should have read x1800 or x1900 maybe

If you really think people would blow their jobs/contracts to satiate internet trolls, you're dreaming buddy.

QFT

Whoever your "source" :rolleyes: is would have been better off giving the info straight to fuad instead of your blabbermouth ass. You try and act like your being clever and secretive with your wordings and really your failing badly. In fact looking over them you have been cocky and loose lipped with your supposed knowledge making sure you get people thinking that you know something the rest of the world dont.

There is no real source... keep hanging on to your secretive source it seems phide uncovered the closest thing your ever going to get to a "source"

I still think your either full of shit or where mislead by someone pretending to have inside info either way your being pretty stupid about the way your handling it. If any of your info turns out to be real your big mouth has put someones job in jeopardy.

QFT

Whoever your "source" :rolleyes: is would have been better off giving the info straight to fuad instead of your blabbermouth ass. You try and act like your being clever and secretive with your wordings and really your failing badly. In fact looking over them you have been cocky and loose lipped with your supposed knowledge making sure you get people thinking that you know something the rest of the world dont.

There is no real source... keep hanging on to your secretive source it seems phide uncovered the closest thing your ever going to get to a "source"

I still think your either full of shit or where mislead by someone pretending to have inside info either way your being pretty stupid about the way your handling it. If any of your info turns out to be real your big mouth has put someones job in jeopardy.

pfunkman: the only "source" you need is me. :cool:

...and since I tell the truth ALL of the time, I am so good that I could play this game with max settings on a 8400GS. HA HA! :D

Actually, I'm really going to need a better card if I want to play it with any kind of decent settings. The damn memory bus width on these things (card in my sig) is truly a horrible bottleneck, even at 1280x960. I should really think about getting an 8800GT - the TRUE midrange card, which the 8600GTS SHOULD have been.

Which is why pfunkman is going to buy me a copy of Unreal and a new video card while he's at it. :p

I remember when UT2K3 came out, everyone was pre-emptively saying that the only thing to handle that much of a graphical powerhouse was a 9700 pro. I totally bought it and was parroting this info to everyone I knew, and when the game actually came out it ran just fine and looked just fine on a Geforce 4 4200. Epic is going to make this new one as backwards scalable as they always have, because thats where the money is, the majority of their customers want to play the game with all the bells and whistles, and they want to play it on 2~3 year old tech. If they really did make it only playable on high settings for owners of high end computers, they would kill off their userbase, not to mention nobody would want to license their engine.
I can understand people want to get excited about their awesome 8800 series cards, but is your fun going to be diminished if other people can also play and have fun with crappy tech?

I remember when UT2K3 came out, everyone was pre-emptively saying that the only thing to handle that much of a graphical powerhouse was a 9700 pro. I totally bought it and was parroting this info to everyone I knew, and when the game actually came out it ran just fine and looked just fine on a Geforce 4 4200. Epic is going to make this new one as backwards scalable as they always have, because thats where the money is, the majority of their customers want to play the game with all the bells and whistles, and they want to play it on 2~3 year old tech. If they really did make it only playable on high settings for owners of high end computers, they would kill off their userbase, not to mention nobody would want to license their engine.
I can understand people want to get excited about their awesome 8800 series cards, but is your fun going to be diminished if other people can also play and have fun with crappy tech?

i think you are right

Haven't seen this posted anywhere yet - its the ut3 system score calculator. Mind you, its a calculator and real life results may vary, but its still interesting to see and compare:

http://www.ut2341.com/UT3SystemScore/

My system score in sig was 18.743 so I should be able to run ut3 at high settings. Fine by me.

and to think some people say that a 8800gtx is not outdated and can run this and crysis flawlessly needs a reality check.
When this and crysis comes out, people with 8800gtx are gunna have a nasty surprise
Well, well, well. What do we have here?
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=464

The only reality check that people need (in the [H] forums in general, and the video card forums in particular) is that habitually posting baseless speculation degrades the quality of the foums, and makes you look like a fool.

Tom isn't lieing, the demo has been realeased on many torrent sites and usenet. And it turns out I was right about epic not being dumb, the demo runs flawlessly on my x1950 pro. I know the textures suck in the demo (keeps the download small) but it really is testament to how well this game is optimized.

Tom isn't lieing, the demo has been realeased on many torrent sites and usenet. And it turns out I was right about epic not being dumb, the demo runs flawlessly on my x1950 pro. I know the textures suck in the demo (keeps the download small) but it really is testament to how well this game is optimized.

Eh either way it just now became available to me through the fileplanet download manager. 268/268 in line though i expected much more than that since this is the only official way i saw to get it.

Wow, UT3 is very good. It's the kind of twitch shooting, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, trash talking I like.

playable at max setting which is texture detail and world detail set to 5 on my sig at
1440x900 and yes the game is very beutifull, dark and futuristic
DAMN! this is how a game supposed to be done!
VERY NICE JOB EPIC.
this makes me wonder how bad other game develepors are which is kinda sad :(

Eh either way it just now became available to me through the fileplanet download manager. 268/268 in line though i expected much more than that since this is the only official way i saw to get it.

There have been mirrors since this morning when I got it. Might be up at fileshack and filefront now, check them out, should be quicker.

I tried that epic calculator.. says highest for me... but

come on now... only a 40% overclock on the cpu?? I'm doing 50% and I know of a number pushing more than that...

I tried that epic calculator.. says highest for me... but

come on now... only a 40% overclock on the cpu?? I'm doing 50% and I know of a number pushing more than that...

Yeah I thought that too...some folks have near or above 100% OC's.

I guess you'd have to be relative with your cpu then. If your OC = stock of another processor you could go by that.

OR...you could download the demo today and just see for yourself ;)

There have been mirrors since this morning when I got it. Might be up at fileshack and filefront now, check them out, should be quicker.

Its almost done downloading now was only about a 30 minute wait in line. Not too shabby for such a big release demo on fileshack.

Been playing it for a few hours now everything at max at 1600X1200 and i very rarely dip below 30FPS. All the naysayers can now hang their heads in shame they where all wrong.

Honestly i dont know why anyone thought it owuld require so much the engine has been around a while and been used in many games EPIC has had ample time to check the flaws in the engine from the other games and optimize the living crap out of it.

All games should be this well made look at half life 2 its such a big deal that its an oddball thats so heavily optimized even the most pathetic systems can run it and it looks great. Every developer should be held to this standard if Epic and valve can do it nobody has an excuse not to. Were just used to poorly coded garbage being shoved on the shelves as fast as possible that we expect everything to bring $5000 systems to their knees and thats not right at all.

All games should be this well made look at half life 2 its such a big deal that its an oddball thats so heavily optimized even the most pathetic systems can run it and it looks great. Every developer should be held to this standard if Epic and valve can do it nobody has an excuse not to. Were just used to poorly coded garbage being shoved on the shelves as fast as possible that we expect everything to bring $5000 systems to their knees and thats not right at all.

My feeling has been that if crytek doesn't get the kinks out of Crysis before its retail launch, they're going to be in for a world of hurt saleswise. Looks like TF2, UT3, Quake Wars, COD4, etc all run well on most systems. I know I will not make a serious upgrade for a single game. Develop for the hardware that's mainstream...that should be the game developers creedo.

This holiday season is shaping up to look pretty good for pc gamers. Lots of games coming out right now that will not require heavy system upgrades for those in the mainstream. If Crytek doesn't realize this, we'll see Crysis for $19.95 at Wal Mart within a few months.

How long did it take before FEAR got cheap?

People keep flipping out about Crysis - however a single 8800GTX will do 60fps outside and 120fps inside and that's a video card that is a year old.

I downloaded UT3 beta - gonna see how it does at 2560x1600 with max settings.

Crytek engine is amazing - water is photorealistic, foliage and details are great. With the 9800GTX saying it should out perform 8800GTX SLI setup then I'm confident Crysis will be doing quite well with a few optimizations.

I remember the quake 3 beta, ran like crap.. not as bad as crysis but it was still slow. When it was finally released it ran great on the same system I had played the beta on... why... optimizations. You can't judge a game by it's beta unless they've stated the 3d engine is already optimized.... like TF2.

The bigger problem with Crysis is that I found its multiplayer B O R I N G

2560 x 1600 in UT3 ran smooth as butter with everything maxed on my Ultra, and TF2 and Quake Wars and COD4 can all run AA and be smooth as well

Its up to you now Crytek

for anyone looking for a good reprsentation of what the game looks like when EVERYTHING is maxed, look no further, saved in PNG format for lossless glory, This is taken from my system while playing agaisnt bots, 1920x1200 16xMSAA, 16xHQAF

http://www.ndesk2.net/1.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/2.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/3.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/4.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/5.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/6.png

mind you at these settings I'm getting like around 20fps avrage with drops to as low as 10fps, but boy is it pretty (I can do 4xMSAA, 16xQAF with smooth 30fps gameplay at same resolution)

for anyone looking for a good reprsentation of what the game looks like when EVERYTHING is maxed, look no further, saved in PNG format for lossless glory, This is taken from my system while playing agaisnt bots, 1920x1200 16xMSAA, 16xHQAF

http://www.ndesk2.net/1.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/2.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/3.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/4.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/5.png
http://www.ndesk2.net/6.png

mind you at these settings I'm getting like around 20fps avrage with drops to as low as 10fps, but boy is it pretty (I can do 4xMSAA, 16xQAF with smooth 30fps gameplay at same resolution)

Keep in mind these textures could on the low end of the scale, and these maps could be early builds, so we have no idea if that a decent representation of the final product.

Keep in mind these textures could on the low end of the scale, and these maps could be early builds, so we have no idea if that a decent representation of the final product.

Agreed, reason I'm posting is most user pics are saved in jpgs horribly compressed and people are saying the demo looks like crap when it doen't, on the same token, the deom shouldn't look like the final game either, this isn't even the proper demo guys, its a BETA demo :p

runs perfectly well mid 40s to upper 50s at 1680x1050 on my rig, all af and aa maxed.

How can you tell what frame rate is running in UT3 or COD4 demo?

How can you tell what frame rate is running in UT3 or COD4 demo?

in console type "stat fps" and in the top righthand corner you should see your frames.

I've been maxing out at 62-63 which is odd because I thought it was capped at 60.

Well, well, well. What do we have here?
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=464

The only reality check that people need (in the [H] forums in general, and the video card forums in particular) is that habitually posting baseless speculation degrades the quality of the foums, and makes you look like a fool.

lol i dont mind looking like a fool because ut3 running great on old systems benfits me :p

lets see if im wrong about crysis.. i hope i am :D

I'm downloading it actually to see how it is...

early website test results have me in line with what the calculator says my system could run...

be back after some UT3 testing...

calculator was a bit off...

I can run maxed out at 1920x1200 with silky smooth framerates.

I doubt the textures were seeing in the demo are low. I'm guessing the highest is gonna be the ultra ones for dx10 and thats it. This is how the DX9 version will look, and I dunno why anyone thinks it looks bad.

I doubt the textures were seeing in the demo are low. I'm guessing the highest is gonna be the ultra ones for dx10 and thats it. This is how the DX9 version will look, and I dunno why anyone thinks it looks bad.

The directory size is too small for the size of high res textures these days. Look at Bioshock, and Stranglehold, 2 gig demos, and they were like 20 minutes long.

Also Epic has done this for ut2k3/4. You were limited to normal.

The directory size is too small for the size of high res textures these days. Look at Bioshock, and Stranglehold, 2 gig demos, and they were like 20 minutes long.

Also Epic has done this for ut2k3/4. You were limited to normal.

UT3 also runs better than both of those games even as well optimized as BioShock is, UT3 is even better optimized. So it's quite likely they were able to fit a few maps into a 1GB (which is what it comes out to on the hard disk)

I just have reallly high doubts that the game will look better on DX9 at launch. This is how it'll look. DX10 will have the greater options but thats it. Thats my opinion.

Back