What do you think the 10th GeForce will be called?

And yet, Pentium's are now budget processors and Core has taken its place.

And yet, how many humans that aren't knowledgeable in the arena of computers could tell you what Core is? ;) More recognizable doesn't have to mean better.

BUY THIS BUY THIS BUY THIS HOLY FRAKING HELL YOU CANT LIVE WTHOUT IT YOU NEED IT LIKE YOU NEED A GIRLFRIEND GTS 768 MB

just a guess. sad thing is the heatsink will probably be large enough for that title :p

I could see "X" but it would be smooth if they got rid of all this 9x00 business. Why not just Geforce 10 GS, GT, GTS, GTX, GX2? Thats already 5 products, plenty to saturate all the market segments. Keep it simple.

i like the simple geforce X. i hope they won't completely reinvent a new name like intel did with the pentium. core 2 duo is ugly btw!

I think it would be something like GeForce X5, X6,...,X8,X9 and then the used GT,GS,...,Ultra. Or not...:p

I could see them slapping 10k or 10m onto their cards rather than going 10800 or 10900.

Well I'm pretty positive they will continue with the same name scheme. It works so why not Geforce 10 GT,GTX,Ultra? Name doesn't matter as long as the consumer knows what he is getting.

your ALL wrong.

the next geforce will be deemed-

Mega-Ultralord-Awesomerific-Thunder-Cougar-Falconbird.... Lancer Edition 8)

Why wouldnt they just keep going with the '10xxx'? or drop a digit and '1090'... sort of like ATI.

Of course, this all assumes that they are basing their cards in the decimal ( 0-9) system of numbers, as opposed to say... binary, trinary, octal, or hexidecimal. hex numbering could be used since it is more common in computer programming than, say, decimal, so it would be rather proper. So then the numbering would go 0-10 as normal, but then A (10), B (11), C (12), D (13), E (14), and F (15) for the hexidecimal 0-15 numbering. Hex is often used for code because it allows for easier conversion to binary for code, other than octal (0-8).

So I say it should go 'A' series, like GeForce Axxx (A900 GTX for instance), then next gen would be Bxxx, and so on... until after F, then you would have to jump up a digit.

The person who thought they'd call it "GeForce Fata1ity" had it half right.

It's just gonna be called the nvidia Fata1ity, and every card is gonna have a huge cooling system with a picture of some pale pasty-faced pro gamer douchebag.

They'll probably stick it on all the boxes too.

Maybe they'll name it something along the lines of using the series name, followed by the model #. For example: G10-800GTX XXX OC V2 V8.

I agree, 'GeForce' is Ghey and has to go... its worn out. A G is a measure of gravity after all, not optics/video, etc. 'Vector Force' makes more sense even.

And yet, Pentium's are now budget processors and Core has taken its place.

funny thing is, even Pentiums are Core nowadays............... Pentium E2140, E2160, and E2180 are basically 800fsb Core2Duos with only 1MB of cache.............. they're Allendale cores...........

If they went with Geforce X, what would the '11-series' be? X2? X++? Eleventy?
And how would you differentiate different market segments? XE, XP, XM?

I most like the idea of dropping that last useless never-ever-used zero:
10800 -> 1080. It's easy to say "ten-eighty"

And for the "Geforce" part? Why not scrap it and take they "NV" abbreviation to heart? I'd buy an Envy 1080.

Roman numerals FTW or following ATI's numbering!

Geforce X800 (high end 10 series) vs. ATI's 5800
Geforce X1800 (high end 11 series) vs. ATI's 6800

they should totally just start with Geforce X, and the turn their company super bowl style. Who's ready for the Geforce XLIII GTX

Some other Idea..

Since they Use "Quaddro" Wich can be roughly translated to "4", why not Kilo "Which means "10" (Or A Variation like Killo)

Or,

Myriagon - A Polygon with 10,000 Sides.. (Very 3D)

OR,

the Greek Symbol mu -

OR... Simply Myria , The prefix for 10^4 (10,0000)

Hmm.. nVidia Myria 800GTX

Lol... its going to be the 'nVidia MoneyForce $699.00'... just start naming them after their MSRP's.

My guess is marketing would try:

New technological quantum leap in blah blah blah, PRESENTS nVidia GX, "nVidia Geforce extreme" or X for some other nifty word.

10th nVidia GX 600, nVidia GX 800GT
11th nVidia GX 1600, nVidia GX 1800GT
12th nVidia GX 2600, nVidia GX 2800GT

So it would replace the Geforce name with GX, GX sounds nice as does adding a number to it while still looking clean. "The GX 600"
I

My guess is marketing would try:

New technological quantum leap in blah blah blah, PRESENTS nVidia GX, "nVidia Geforce extreme" or X for some other nifty word.

10th nVidia GX 600, nVidia GX 800GT
11th nVidia GX 1600, nVidia GX 1800GT
12th nVidia GX 2600, nVidia GX 2800GT

So it would replace the Geforce name with GX, GX sounds nice as does adding a number to it while still looking clean. "The GX 600"
I

Citrix has a Lock on the "GX" designation for processors.. (Though CPU, not GPU)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaGX

or just simply G, like a Geforce G1600GT, For genesis.

Ah, its late, my brain is starting to missfire causing late night stupidity.

Back