Why does aero run so slow on 6800gt?

Its not crap, you provided misleading information, I was correcting it-- your response, if anything, was crap.

As for adding info, I experienced something like that although it wasn't with scrollbars. I noticed that the backdrops of highlighted items in the start menu list would trail my mouse cursor, after I updated to the 101.41 betas that were recently leaked that behavior went away. Try the betas and see if that helps.

64bit:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1591

32bit:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1590

you're a piece of work.

Vista is a 3d environement when aero is functioning. What's the harm in trying something different? Nothing.

Posting links is fine though since you thought of it :rolleyes:

If you have anything else you'd like to add, PM me. Otherwise, drop the BS.

My friend wants me to sell his 2GB Corsair kit. Interested? lol this isn't the FS/FT thread... sorry..also sorry to be off topic on this thread.

Ok sorry, 5.1's his lowest score, my bad.

Actually, I am upgrading to a C2D. Need DDR2-800! Going with 4GB....

you're a piece of work.

Vista is a 3d environement when aero is functioning. What's the harm in trying something different? Nothing.

Posting links is fine though since you thought of it :rolleyes:

If you have anything else you'd like to add, PM me. Otherwise, drop the BS.

The 3d animations are drawn on an offscreen buffer, so vertical sync would not have an effect (the desktop really isn't 3D, btw). There isn't any harm in your suggestion.. I was simply stating it wouldn't work-- whats wrong with that? "Nothing".

ok...nothing worked for this guy so far so maybe a prayer would work? ;)

i'll take all the help i can get ... lol

May have no affect whatsoever but try messing with your agp aperture in your bios i have seen wierd effects tied to this setting before.

If thats not it what kind of chipset drivers are you using? Im on Nforce 3 and using the ones that came with vista and having none of these issues.

i'm using the one's that came with vista also. I am running shuttle xpc sn95g5. Not sure if that means anything. I tried changing the agp in bios and it does nothing.:(

Seriously i'm probably going to dump this machine with a santa rosa laptop.

Well I removed all my cards and I still have the problem. This is a serious problem and I saw this:

Last week, we learned about a compatibility problem with Nvidia nForce3-based motherboards involving Windows Vista, ATI graphics cards, and dual-core processors. Nvidia informed us that its only chipsets certified for Vista were the nForce4, nForce 500, and nForce 600 series, suggesting that nForce3 users suffering from compatibility problems in Vista would have to suck it up and either stick with Windows XP or buy new hardware.

However, the company seems to have changed its mind somewhat. Nvidia Platform Products PR Manager Bryan Del Rizzo has e-mailed us saying, "There is a known issue with ATI AGP cards and nForce3 and Vista. This is currently being looked into and will most likely be resolved with a MCP driver update." Del Rizzo adds that nForce3- and nForce2-based systems can run Vista using built-in Microsoft drivers and third-party audio chipset drivers. There is one notable exception, though: storage support. Nvidia RAID is just plain not supported, and Del Rizzo says there are "known Vista issues with some ATAPI devices."

In fact now that Im searching theres a lot more sites that mention nforce2 and 3 problems and the fact nvidia has said they wont be coming out with Vista support for their older chipsets. Though the above sounds like they are going to possibly fix some issues other sites claim they are skeptical about complete support. And its not just dual cores with nforce3s ---- they came out with those oddball MBs after it seemed some DAW (music recording PCs) found problems with the nforce4 chipset too which a lot of people dont know about. Anyway some people with single cores report problems and they mention AGP/ATI seems to have problems as well as other areas.

Looks Like I should have done it the other way around left WINXP on the nforce3 and move to VIsta for the nforce4.

Found this on another forum looks like you may just have to wait for it to be fixed.

How do you temporarily disable a core?

Also - the article refers to ati card + nforce 3 problems.

How do you temporarily disable a core?

Also - the article refers to ati card + nforce 3 problems.

No it dont...There are problems with different combinations of the 3 not just Nforce 3 boards + Duallys + ATI cards

Last week, we learned about a compatibility problem with Nvidia nForce3-based motherboards involving Windows Vista, ATI graphics cards, and dual-core processors.

you have 2 out of 3 and your having the exact same problems as the people on the other forums i would say you are in the same boat as them.

ya i believe your right. i will just have to hope nvidia releases new nforce 3 drivers in the next couple of months.

FIXED THE PROBLEM.

Found this on another board. WOOT

1) Download the XP 5.11 driver
2) Extract the driver (don't use the installer as it won't work in vista)
3) Manually direct Vista driver update to use the GART driver
4) Reboot
5) It works

FIXED THE PROBLEM.

Found this on another board. WOOT

1) Download the XP 5.11 driver
2) Extract the driver (don't use the installer as it won't work in vista)
3) Manually direct Vista driver update to use the GART driver
4) Reboot
5) It works

Badass. spread the word it seems that MS should just throw that driver in an update and make alot of people happy.

I bet it would work with ATI AGP cards also. I posted on xpc forums. I'm so happy :D

glad you got it fixed. I'd found a similar solution for another person with a ULi (owned by NV) with the exact same problem. However the solution didn't work for that person. Good job.

Back