"Will it fit?" FAQ

So, I just did some quick googling and I was able to quickly determine that the 2900XT is shorter than an 8800GTX but longer than an 8800GTS. So, it should fit fine in an SG01. However, you may still have to remove the drive cage for it to fit like you have to do with 8800GTX cards.

- JT

So, I just did some quick googling and I was able to quickly determine that the 2900XT is shorter than an 8800GTX but longer than an 8800GTS. So, it should fit fine in an SG01. However, you may still have to remove the drive cage for it to fit like you have to do with 8800GTX cards.

- JT
That's a good one to add... I will figure that out later. As long as it doesn't go past the motherboard, you will be fine.

2900XT is 8" long so it should fit in an SG01 just fine, along with a MicroFly and many others.

- JT

I thought the 2900XT is 9,5" (242mm). And since mATX is 9,6” x 9,6” (245mm x 245mm ) it should fit the SG01 without modding or removing the drive cage.
However, I'd feel reassured if someone would test it for real.

Could be, I was just going by a review I read. I've never seen one myself, don't think I ever will. :D 8600GTS works just as good for me and cheaper. :cool:

- JT

Okay so assuming it fits.. do you think it would be like an inferno in the case or does the sg01 have good enough cooling? Exhausting the heat helps, I guess. Maybe I should just wait for the sg03.. And before anyone asks why I'd even buy the card, my friend offered me one for $350

Here's a few updates:

8800GTX fits in Shuttle P Series with no mods: test fit in SN26P and SD37P2

8800GTX fits in X-Gene mini, but you have to remove the drive cage

8800GTX fits in Shuttle G series with mods (cutout window on case cover +added Thermaltake power express drive bay PSU in place of optical drive)

Ya know, I actually like the look of the NVIDIA cooler sticking out the side of the case. Kinda sporty or sumpin. :cool:

about Silverstone NT03 cpu cooler, can it be mounted turned on every side?
will it fit on P5K-VM turned blowing on nb?
thanks ;)

It looks like you will have trouble with the fan above the card slots, so you would have to cut that out to make it work.

any research so far on the geminII? i'm going to buy an sg03 and see if it will fit. ;p

sg03 + heatsink only gemin II fits! no mods necessary. just remove the heatsink traqy, screw it on, drop it in. woohoo!
geminsg03toppsu.JPG

It looks like you would have just enough clearance horizontally and vertically.

TBH, I should have figured it out from you using "validating" - why would you say that if they weren't listed at all? :D

I'm looking at sticking a newer (dx10) into my SN25P. Would the P series column be the correct one for my model?
I'm looking at either putting in an ati 3650 or 3850.

Thanks!

BFG 285 will fit a Silverstone SG01 (すごい) with relocation of one drive to that fan bar/case mount and another in the drive bay. It will also fit the Q-Pack with modding (cut a hole for the two 6-pin power and use the upper bay for optical).

OCZ Reaper will fit SG01 and Q-Pack. Q-Pack has about 6mm to spare because of the metal rail.

For non-overclocking it would be fine most likely. If you intend to overclock things would get pretty toasty I'm thinking.

I'd like to point out:
My 9800GX2 fits perfectly in my SG02-F case.

The manual gives a guide on how to move the HDD cage over (and use a slim fan/none at all) and fit a "longer" card, in the event your mATX motherboard has the PCIe16 slot in the first slot.

However, my ASRock G31M-S has the PCIe slot in the "second slot" position, and I needed no modification to fit my card.

After sticking a Corsair H50 into my SG03 I now believe it to be the best cpu cooler you can fit into a SG03 presently. Put the radiator part into the top fan section.

Back