Will Modern Warfare 2 Be The Best Game Ever

The controls and gameplay are still "infected" by consolittis...

Agreed, ever since cod2 its just been catering to consoles by adding console styled elements like greatly reduced recoil, regenerating health and that stupid radar system. Its like we get the exact same game that the consoles get and they don;t bother to change things, like increasing recoil and having a traditional pc health system, how hard could it be to change a few elements to make it play more like a pc game?

I don't get the huge stiffy some people have for this game, COD1 and the expansion were pc games, everything since that has been consolised shite and yet pc gamers are gulping it down on one hand then bashing other ports on the other.

Will Modern Warfare 2 Be The Best Game Ever ? Well if no CoOp I can give a rats ass about this game, and the multiplayer sucks balls on every COD game, team deathmatch :rolleyes: Welcome to 1990's PC Gaming.

Why don't they offer vehicle combat and make multiplayer just like a BattleField 2 game, that would be totally awesome with the COD 4 graphics. Or at least give CoOp mode like they did in last years COD that was very fun :)

I like the single player campaign, its pretty fun. Although the MP was never really my thing. Everyone I know is obsessed with it, but I just never got over how being shot in the knee cap kills someone. If you get shot once, you're dead.

I think it will be great, though Halo2 will stay at the top of my list for a long while...

And thanks to guys like you, the xbox 360 is being held back from expanding its multiplayer ability. If Xbox re-released halo 2 for 360 and had it not only come in a bundle of halo 1-ODST, but also made it xbox live downloadable for 800 Xbox live points or cheaper, they could advance their multiplayer.
Halo 2 servers are retarding the full ability of Xbox live multiplayer, keeping multiplayer amount of people on a server stay lower than what xbox 360 servers can actually handle.

This game will be average at best. run and gun games with not substance = average. if it had online coop on the main story then we may be into something

It does have online and offline co-op. Go to xbox live and go to the videos section and find MW:2 and one of the videos you can DL has one of the developers (or someone like that) saying it has offline and online co-cop. hope that PC has online Co-op though, is that possible? Where 2 computers find each other on LAN or server and play co-op. Just like system link but with 2 computers instead of 2 xbox'es?

"Special Ops mode now provides a third option for players to select at the main start screen that accompanies the traditional single-player campaign and competitive multiplayer featured in Call of Duty 4. It sort of connects the other two modes by allowing you to play either alone, with a friend using split-screen, or by going online for the full two-player co-op experience. Special Ops provides a series of quick scenarios for players to shoot their way through, moving from one point to another on a modestly sized map filled with enemies. You'll unlock new levels as you collect specific numbers of stars, with more stars awarded if you play on the higher difficulty levels. "

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/ArticleViewer.aspx?Product_ID=74786&articleid=70491

It does have online and offline co-op. Go to xbox live and go to the videos section and find MW:2 and one of the videos you can DL has one of the developers (or someone like that) saying it has offline and online co-cop. hope that PC has online Co-op though, is that possible? Where 2 computers find each other on LAN or server and play co-op. Just like system link but with 2 computers instead of 2 xbox'es?

"Special Ops mode now provides a third option for players to select at the main start screen that accompanies the traditional single-player campaign and competitive multiplayer featured in Call of Duty 4. It sort of connects the other two modes by allowing you to play either alone, with a friend using split-screen, or by going online for the full two-player co-op experience. Special Ops provides a series of quick scenarios for players to shoot their way through, moving from one point to another on a modestly sized map filled with enemies. You'll unlock new levels as you collect specific numbers of stars, with more stars awarded if you play on the higher difficulty levels. "

http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/ArticleViewer.aspx?Product_ID=74786&articleid=70491

Last years COD had CoOp and my Brothers and I loved it, we are ONLY PC Gamers. I hope this isn't another console release fucking us pc gamers and leaving a very cool feature like CoOp out. :rolleyes:

And thanks to guys like you, the xbox 360 is being held back from expanding its multiplayer ability. If Xbox re-released halo 2 for 360 and had it not only come in a bundle of halo 1-ODST, but also made it xbox live downloadable for 800 Xbox live points or cheaper, they could advance their multiplayer.
Halo 2 servers are retarding the full ability of Xbox live multiplayer, keeping multiplayer amount of people on a server stay lower than what xbox 360 servers can actually handle.

lol, I played Halo 2 on the PC...

uHHHHHHHHHHHH probably not. You still have to beat games like HL2, Doom 1, Doom 2, CoD1/2 to even compete. That's the FPS genre and it is even wider then that.

I did hear it's going to be the most highly advertised game ever or something like that...

Last years COD had CoOp and my Brothers and I loved it, we are ONLY PC Gamers. I hope this isn't another console release fucking us pc gamers and leaving a very cool feature like CoOp out. :rolleyes:

all versions doesnt have coop. a massive FAIL imo

A 8800GT can max this shit game out mate, its run on the same cod4 engine for fucksakes

I think not.. I had an 8800GTS 512 and under heavy smoke with (Cod4) maxed it got notchy.... MATE! :rolleyes:

EDIT: This reply made me mad.. im gonna go home and slap shit out of mama now!

EDIT: I Kid... just happy I have a 5870 on the way :D

Last edited:
Agreed, ever since cod2 its just been catering to consoles by adding console styled elements like greatly reduced recoil, regenerating health and that stupid radar system. Its like we get the exact same game that the consoles get and they don;t bother to change things, like increasing recoil and having a traditional pc health system, how hard could it be to change a few elements to make it play more like a pc game?

I don't get the huge stiffy some people have for this game, COD1 and the expansion were pc games, everything since that has been consolised shite and yet pc gamers are gulping it down on one hand then bashing other ports on the other.

fucking well said. nail on the head mate. why the fuck are a lot of pc fans worshipping cod series when it really is a console fps game first and foremost. damm jabroni's

I think not.. I had an 8800GTS 512 and under heavy smoke with (Cod4) maxed it got notchy.... MATE! :rolleyes:

EDIT: This reply made me mad.. im gonna go home and slap shit out of mama now!

EDIT: I Kid... just happy I have a 5870 on the way :D

how the fuck did my 7800gtx manage to play this at medium-high settings then getting 30-40fps?

why is my i7 260gtx maxing out cod4 now getting over 80fps at 1080p res? wtf??

how the fuck did my 7800gtx manage to play this at medium-high settings then getting 30-40fps?

why is my i7 260gtx maxing out cod4 now getting over 80fps at 1080p res? wtf??

Well I can tell you this.. my 8800GTS 512 hauled ass through the game and 90% of the time it was fluid but if you got hit with an air strike or ran into an area with smoke.. it would choke into the low 30s and you could FEEL the game get sluggish. I felt it long before I turned on the FPS counter to see what was going on. I have a few guys around me that noticed same thing with their 8800GT's. The GTX260 will not have this problem at all. I was running 1920x1200 res at the time. My GTX280 can handle everything it has to offer. I expected the new COD to be a little more demanding but who knows. I know I had a 7950GT before the 8800GTS and the 7950GT was a total turd in the game. NO way I could max out the detail.

Good....keep it there....lol, that rant still applies to halo 2 players on 360 though :D
Why do people like you have to bitch out people who still play Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE? You should be pissed at Microsoft and Bungie for their stupid limit on the friends list. :rolleyes:

Halo is not even close to being the best game ever, its the shit end of the FPS world. Master Chief is one of the most gayest game characters, people get orgys every time they see his helmet on a Doritos bag.

Half Life i consider to be one of the best games of all time.

Why do people like you have to bitch out people who still play Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE? You should be pissed at Microsoft and Bungie for their stupid limit on the friends list. :rolleyes:

Its not bitching if it is something that legitimately holds back the potential of a product. Its not MS and bungies fault for making a Xbox original game that so many people like and play even to this day that its holding back their hardware's full potential. If theres anything to ask of them it is for them to do what i said, re-release it for xbox 360 so it stops holding back the 360. Its a gay game to begin with , halo sucks (my opinion) and they just dont want to piss off a bunch of whiney fan boys by updating the 360 software so halo 2 isnt one of the backwards compatible games anymore so they can use the full potential of the 360. If anyone is to blame its the nerd gaming community cause MS wont do anything cause they dont want the bad PR cause the nerds would freak out like someone deleted their WoW account.

Won't be the best game of all time, but I can see it as the best selling game of all time. In my books, Legend of Zelda:OOT ranks #1.

If you consider a game with gameplay value similar to pong, this game is for you.

Endlessly spawning enemies. Check.
Narrow corridor shooter. Check.
Repetitive multiplayer no different from the last 5 COD games. Check.

No. You newcomers to the franchise just don't remember the masterpiece that was Call of Duty 1. That thing was the best. THE BEST I TELL YOU!! CoD 4 didn't measure up, and MW2 just builds upon its differences, so no.

No.

Totally agree, the weapon selection for MW2 is unbelievable. So many new guns, and the graphics of each looks pretty awesome. Definitely not THE selling point for me, but it is A selling point. I watched some video of all the new weapons, can't find it now, but I will post it if I do.

I guess I was ignorant though to think everyone was going koo koo for MW2. I don't know.... just personally COD games seem to be some of the most fun to play for me. Unlike other FPS games like CounterStrike, Halo, and others there is just more to the game play; such as air strikes, perks, huge variety of guns plus addons for the guns, awesome leveling system (IMO)

I don't know, maybe it will end up letting me down, but to me I'm thinking this may be the best game I've ever played, since COD 4 was probably top 3, and by the way I have played just about every game listed in this thread.

Oh, and this is exactly why the game is being systematically destroyed. Because overenthusiastic fanboys just see MOAR GUNNSS!! without recalling that MW1 having more guns just made it that much more unbalanced. Whereas, again, CoD 1 had some exquisite classes.

MW2 will be the cheese burger of the gaming world. A lot of people will taste it. It's not the WORST thing you can eat. There'll be plenty more cheese burgers down the line, tasting pretty much the same.

And grenade indicators, god that annoys me.

PC gamers don't need grenade indicators, we're better than that damnit, it's insulting and almost embarrasing. It's like the adult diapers of the gaming world.

God no!

COD games are like Michael Bay movies. Lots of explosions, slow motion, dramatic overacting...but overall horrible acting, bad story and once you get past the glitter, its medicore at best.

CODMW had some good parts, but like many have said, its a corridor shooter with endless spawning enemies.

My biggest gripe about CODMW was that you didn't have select fire. As soon as you force me to use full auto all the time, you drop to child's game.

When will they realize that these parts where your in a jeep being chased and you have to shoot at stuff is just horrible.

CODMW had some great parts. The Chernobyl parts and the AC130 was great.

Sure, it will sell well, but popularity means very little...heck, Americans voted Bush in a 2nd time, but that doesn't mean he was any good.

COD dumbs down the thinking required in shooters.

I'll get it, but like every other COD game, I'll play it through and end up going back to Rogue Spear.

This game will be far from the best game ever. One of the most popular? - maybe they have good chance to achieve that given the success their first game in this "new franchise" enjoys.

For an Online FPS game what is better then COD? Ive played a few and always go back to CODMW or CODWAW.

For an Online FPS game what is better then COD? Ive played a few and always go back to CODMW or CODWAW.

Depends...you wan't console-gameplay or real gameplay?
For real gameplay ARMA2...for consolegameplay... I have no clue as I (and my PC) have moved on the last 4 years...

Last edited:
For real gameplay ARMA2...for consolegameplay... I have no clue as I (and my PC) have moved on the last 4 years...

I never play FPS on console.. not a big fan of console gaming.

I would agree with you regarding arma2 if the engine didn't feel blike shit. Just not a smooth running/feeling game even when the fps is high. So ya, that doesn't count.

I would agree with you regarding arma2 if the engine didn't feel blike shit. Just not a smooth running/feeling game even when the fps is high. So ya, that doesn't count.

Let me guess...you just tried the singleplayer part, where A.I. tanks the performance...and not multiplayer?

Let me guess...you just tried the singleplayer part, where A.I. tanks the performance...and not multiplayer?

Ya because I'm totally uninformed and never follow long threads on various forums about popular games I pay full price for. Including the BI tech support forums for tweaking and performancetips since the day the demo was out. Yup you guessed right I never tried much of the game. My bad.

If you read through the sarcasm then I don't need to go into more detail than to say the engine feels like shit pure and simple even at 60fps or more. This is a sentiment shared by many people across many forums. Ask around. Oh wait let me guess everyones misinformed and wrong except you amirite? The game looks pretty but feels like a pos pure and simple. Even the [H] review portrays this if you read through it. My problem isn't fps its a general lack of polish and smoothness. Simple as that.

MW2 best game ever? lol.. ha, hardly. It might sell alot of units, but definitely not the best game ever.

regenerative health ... check
grenade indicators... check
radar systems.... check
simplified recoil... check
michael bay style car chases... check

AND NOW

Dual wielding weapons.. check

EPIC FAIL. when will someone make a non consolized Rainbow Six, or a sequel to SWAT 4. god i hope operation flashpoint 2 isn't consolized in anyway

MW2 best game ever? lol.. ha, hardly. It might sell alot of units, but definitely not the best game ever.

regenerative health ... check
grenade indicators... check
radar systems.... check
simplified recoil... check
michael bay style car chases... check

AND NOW

Dual wielding weapons.. check

EPIC FAIL. when will someone make a non consolized Rainbow Six, or a sequel to SWAT 4. god i hope operation flashpoint 2 isn't consolized in anyway

I have to agree with you. Those things are great for arcadey shooting fun, but when COD-4 and MW:2 try to pass themselves off as "realistic"..thats where i draw the line. I enjoyed the first game, but once you had all the guns on multi...it got so boring i quit playing. And im sure it will be the same for MW:2 , where as (hopefully) Flashpoint 2 will be so realistic and so much deeper in multiplayer that it wont get old as fast.
MWarfare is like playing paintball with your dumb buddies and running around getting shot and laughing until its unbareably boring. Games like FPoint:2 are hopefully more like army war games, fun but ACTUALLY realistic, at least as close to realism as you can get.

Probably in the subjective view.

For me, it's still Halo 2.

Halo 2 was terrible. Standby glitch anyone? It ruined the online completely.

But that is the kicker to this question. Everyone wants something different from their games. For instance, I want a highly competitive and challenging online community with little to no cheating. So for me, I doubt that MW2 will deliver that honestly. Killzone 2 tried really hard to deliver it but there is something that console developers seem to fail to realise and that is players on different continents = almost unplayable lag.

I think MW2 will be good for a little while but I have seen no indication that Infinity Ward is catering to the competitive gaming aspects of the CoD community and, instead, notice a trend in MW2 of making the game more "noob" friendly.

Back