Will Modern Warfare 2 Be The Best Game Ever

BF3 will be the greatest game of all time.

MW2 will be good, but not that good.

It cannot achieve "best game ever" because Diablo is the best game ever.

BF3 will be the greatest game of all time.

MW2 will be good, but not that good.

Exactly, well not sure about Beta Field 3 :D If there is no CoOp in COD6 MW2, then fudge this game, they started a good trend in the last COD game by including CoOp, my Brother and I had a blast playing together. Or at least make the single player movie blockbuster style fun like COD1, that is still hands down the best version in this series, just very exciting and fast paced gameplay, it was no Half Life2 or anything, but a fun time :) .

Last edited:
Exactly, well not sure about Beta Field 3 :D If there is no CoOp in COD6 MW2, then fudge this game, they started a good trend in the last COD game by including CoOp, my Brother and I had a blast playing together. Or at least make the single player movie blockbuster style fun like COD1, that is still hands down the best version in this series, just very exciting and fast paced gameplay, it was no Half Life2 or anything, but a fun time :) .

Probably thanks to Treyarch, there will be co-op in MW2, but not in the main campaign. It will be in a side mission type of thing call spec-ops I think.

Probably thanks to Treyarch, there will be co-op in MW2, but not in the main campaign. It will be in a side mission type of thing call spec-ops I think.

Will that be for the PC game ? That's the only version I ever buy or will buy. Also will that be a DLC or in the main game ?

Thanks

Will that be for the PC game ? That's the only version I ever buy or will buy. Also will that be a DLC or in the main game ?

Thanks

I haven't heard that it will be exclusive to any one platform, and it will come with the regular game. I saw an interview from E3 where the guy from IW said there are some missions that didn't fit in the story, so they took those out. Since they had already designed them, they included them, but they turned them into some sort of co-op game, and called them 'spec-ops missions'.

I haven't heard that it will be exclusive to any one platform, and it will come with the regular game. I saw an interview from E3 where the guy from IW said there are some missions that didn't fit in the story, so they took those out. Since they had already designed them, they included them, but they turned them into some sort of co-op game, and called them 'spec-ops missions'.

This is the first I heard of this "Spec-Ops" thing. If this included in the retail PC game I will buy it the day of release. I love CoOp shooters, lots of fun to play with my Brother. Also hope the single player storyline is fun and exciting like the early COD1and 2. I personally thought everyones favorite COD4 was too run of the mill and boring because it wad so linear.

Do they ever release demo's ?

Nope, MW2 is made to be a high volume game, by that logic Michael Bay is one of the best directors ever.

Diablo, Starcraft, Doom, Half-Life, DeusEx, etc..

The problem with a thread like this is everyone thinks they are qualified experts in gameplay, story telling, graphics, music, art, and anything else that makes up a game. Hence they'll never agree because there's no standards besides "I liked it" or "it's the best to me".

It's anarchy but hey, everyone's opinion is just as important as the rest, right?

everyone knows that big rigs is and will always be the best game ever created... until there is a sequel of course.

The problem with a thread like this is everyone thinks they are qualified experts in gameplay, story telling, graphics, music, art, and anything else that makes up a game. Hence they'll never agree because there's no standards besides "I liked it" or "it's the best to me".

It's anarchy but hey, everyone's opinion is just as important as the rest, right?

no comrade... we must strive.. (hack cough!)

Crap...

oh well.
Just this thread alone is enough to tell nobody has the same view on this, not even on a [h]igher level forum.

obviously noone plays promod snd here..

all of these problems you guys explaimed have been fixed in promod

yeah... it's a mod... (little usage of it, in reality, though it's getting better)

Also, best game ever?

Pretty hard to do that, unless if Russia finally decides: "f--- America, we're lauching the nukes to-day!" 1 day after Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

otherwise, it will be topped, though in some people's eyes, it sucks no matter what.

yeah... it's a mod... (little usage of it, in reality, though it's getting better)

Also, best game ever?

Pretty hard to do that, unless if Russia finally decides: "f--- America, we're lauching the nukes to-day!" 1 day after Modern Warfare 2 comes out.

otherwise, it will be topped, though in some people's eyes, it sucks no matter what.

are you tlaking about promod? if you are, its changed the way i look at cod4 by leaps and bounds

are you tlaking about promod? if you are, its changed the way i look at cod4 by leaps and bounds

Okay, I will try it out. There seem to be a lot of ProMod servers out, recently.
I just lamant the loss of my profile (cannot use it), if I go ProMod!

This is the first I heard of this "Spec-Ops" thing. If this included in the retail PC game I will buy it the day of release. I love CoOp shooters, lots of fun to play with my Brother. Also hope the single player storyline is fun and exciting like the early COD1and 2. I personally thought everyones favorite COD4 was too run of the mill and boring because it wad so linear.

Do they ever release demo's ?

they did for cod4 singleplayer and codwaw coop singleplayer and there were mp betas for both. though it has been mentioned at this link no prerelease demo is in the works for mw2:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176281

So giantbomb.com (they have a great podcast btw, if your into podcasting and looking for a good gaming podcast) posted the new trailer for MW2... intrestingly enough the final
graphic displayed reads:

call of duty:
Modern Warfare 2

Anyways, back on topic. I watched that trailer and just for whatever reason wikipedia'd COD4 and two things struck me:
A) "metacritic's" HL2 score is higher than COD4's score (96 to 94).
B) X-play gave it "best sound design", and that got me thinking, the sound in MW1 really was epic. The music was, literally, epic. Long story short I ended up torrenting the MW1 soundtrack, and listening to it while playing L4D, and that music makes that game epic.

This

CoD games are good, but they're pretty generic when you get down to it. Modern Warfare is Michael Bay: The Game. It even plays out exactly like a summer blockbuster and MW2 will play out like a summer blockbuster sequel. All the cliches will be there, I guarantee you.

Also, I hope the weapon sounds are better in MW2. God, they were terrible in MW.

Full disclosure: I'm excited about the game.

its true that the cod games are semi-general, however, noone said that you had to have plasma rifles and people dressed up in suits with rechargable suits to have a good game..

Man Michael Bay is horrible, he actually ruins genres. C'mon don't make such comparisons!

That throne is reserved for System Shock 2 its like 10 years old now and its gameplay kicks everything in the balls hard and repeatedly

+1

System Shock 2 is the the best combination of scifi/fps/rpg in one package. OMG I can't remember how many times i played that game through. EPIC all around

System Shock 2 is one of the best games ever. COD4 was fantastic for what it was, and so long as MW2 improves on that millions of gamers will be excited.

6 kill streak! Nuke bomb unlocked! Press 6 to launch missle.:)

You guys have to get into some good servers. If you play "Rank UP" servers its going to be spawn death over and over. Capture the flag and team death match are a blast. I really like the last two COD's and am looking forward to this one. Might not be the best ever but it will sure be a good game for me.

I never realize how much fun war is in WaW. I've played a lot of 15v15. That's just crazy, insane fun there. Set some all time personal lows for the old K/D ratio. lol

You guys have to get into some good servers. If you play "Rank UP" servers its going to be spawn death over and over. Capture the flag and team death match are a blast. I really like the last two COD's and am looking forward to this one. Might not be the best ever but it will sure be a good game for me.

hawt dog...

I just joined a panedmonium FFA server... killhouse till 12min are up.... (40 people!?)
Buncha LMG and spawn camping galore.

Just got everything for the m249 in that one game :eek:

So ModernWarfare2 is getting some of the best pre-release ratings of all times, the gameplay trailer looks phenomenal, and the fact that it is being released for every major system (besides Wii) is making me think we are about to get the highest grossing game of all time.

MadCatz even released an entire line up of accessories specifically for the game. So what are your opinions, biggest game ever? If not what do you think tops it?

It might be one of the best selling games of all time... but as a game it'll only ever be really, really, really good.

Back