Will XBOX 360 look good on 2405FPW?

Good God those are nice pics. Thanks!! What about the 2005FPW. Will it be able to do the same thing or will I have to use VGA?

wow, now i'm having a second thought of selling my 2405fpw :eek:

can you take some more pics during gameplay and pls let us know how the AA on this system?

This topic is getting better and better by the hour, maybe the admin should stiky this! :D OK, seriously, the images on 2405FPW look amazing, since my AMD gaming machine is not coming out as I planned (read lack of money!) at least I get to play 360 on in instead!

Fast Drive said:
The xbox Vga cable will be able to:

VGA cables will give you six different resolution options: 640x480, 848x480, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768, and 1360x768. Component cables will give you 480p, 720p, and 1080i resolution choices. Games are actually rendered internally at 720p, and the ATI video engine scales the video up or down to the desired resolution.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6139672/p-2.html
OK, so does that mean I wont be able to play at 1080i on my vga monitor(fw900)?

The FW900 will be fine. You can scale 1280*720 just fine. CRT's generally have no problem scaling to different res's. 1280*720 looks great on the monitor imo (i have one too).

Over the component cables, there's no ghosting at all or any noise after several hours of Kameo. Just a lot of jaggies.

SLee said:
Over the component cables, there's no ghosting at all or any noise after several hours of Kameo. Just a lot of jaggies.

Is that an issue with the panel itself or the console?

cunnelatio said:
Is that an issue with the panel itself or the console?
Probably the console, the native resolution of the games are generally 720p and you're playing it on at monitor that has the resolution to support 1920x1080. I don't think Kameo is using anything better than 2X AA as well.

Still, I'll probably buy a the VGA cable to see if its any better.

Geometry Instancing show-off. All those green things on the left side are trolls:

Holy mota of lord :eek: Can X360 hook up on a Panna plasma tv?
Wife will kill me, if I attempt to set it up on the plasma. Oh well Dell here I come.

SLee said:
[image removed]

thanks for the confirmation on 1080i. It's hard to tell over a picture but a couple images look fantastic. There is a discussion on widescreen gaming forum in regards to an email a dell support sent out in which it said the highest output over component on the 2405 is 480p. We are just trying to get to the bottom of it. Could you say personally that it is does not look like 480p upscaled?

link to the thread.
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1971&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It doesn't look like it's upscaled from 480p... not even a chance. For 720p.. it's *possible*. But IMO it looks like its actually 1080i. And yes in info it does show the resolution as 1080i.

Here's a really close up shot from Kameo:

pixels.jpg

Here I zoomed in so you can see every pixel. If it were 480p i think it would be pretty blurry.

The detail is pretty crisp.

I noticed in game though, there are jaggies in some places, but that's more fault of the game rather than the monitor.

Are the connectors you used with your 2405fpw for HD the red green cyan cables that come with the xbox 360 or is there other cables I need to get in order to get the xbox 360 in hd on my 2405fpw?
Thanks

dewsky said:
Are the connectors you used with your 2405fpw for HD the red green cyan cables that come with the xbox 360 or is there other cables I need to get in order to get the xbox 360 in hd on my 2405fpw?
Thanks
The premium model comes with the component cable, which you can attach to the 2405FPW and use the HD resolution. There's also a VGA cable that you can buy which may offer better quality.

FYI there is no such thing as 1080i on an LCD, it will be scaled to the native resolution. In the 2405fpw's case it will be 1080p. You have 1920x1080 pixels, not 1920x540 (which is 1080i on a CRT).

Morley said:
FYI there is no such thing as 1080i on an LCD, it will be scaled to the native resolution. In the 2405fpw's case it will be 1080p. You have 1920x1080 pixels, not 1920x540 (which is 1080i on a CRT).

i always thought 1080i was 1920x1080on a crt, hence 1080i

dewsky said:
Thanks

The component (red green cyan) cables that came with the xbox360.

gprime said:
I zoomed in purposely so you can see the pixels.. to show that even close up it is crisp.

I know you zoomed up on the picture, but can you zoom in with same setting at the picture I linked while being in windows (unscaled)? :)
Pixels are more visible during scaling, because of the pixel combining. Thats why I wanted a picture from windows unscaled and especially a picture that I can look at the same time for comparison on my own screen! :D

i'd like to see what it does with the VGA cable. I plan to hook my 360 up to a 2005fp, which doesnt have component. Would it look that good?

Also, im sure this was asked (only skimmed the thread) but how did you snag a 360 early :D

a couple of people asked for this:

difference between video modes.

480p:

480p-3.JPG

or here for full screen

720p:

720p-2.JPG

or here for full screen

1080i:

1080i-2.JPG

or here for full screen

720p and 1080i are pretty similar since in 1080i the xbox360 actually just scales frmo 720p to 1080i anyway.

But the difference between 480p and 720p/1080i is very noticable. Its hard to see in the pictures, but 480p is pretty fuzzy.

I think it's safe to say that the 2405 can handle at least a 720p signal (and probably 1080i too).

Viper87227 said:
i'd like to see what it does with the VGA cable. I plan to hook my 360 up to a 2005fp, which doesnt have component. Would it look that good?
It should be at least as good, possibly better.

Also, im sure this was asked (only skimmed the thread) but how did you snag a 360 early :D
Most likely the Canadian Pepsi XBox 360 contest. Most winners got it on Monday with Kameo. That's how I got mine.

Hi gents...

Ive just noticed this thread, sorry im not a regular here but youll get info on Gamespot
Anyways see my thread ive started on AVF which may get more response soon, it includes some help and links:
More INFO

*gprime great pics, please let me know if you want the link removed...

(Hi to Yaka)

Forgot to mention as shown above the difference between 1080i and 720p shouldnt be that much, because really the fact its a 720p 1280x720 source.

1080i is actually included and more for HDTV compatible displays / mainly Tvs that work with 1080i but not 720p. Hope it helps

btw 720p should offer smoother movement being progressive, let us know thanks again.

One last thing...

Could you post some pics of the visualisations as these have been mentioned to look very impressive from music playback. Im sure its worth checking out....

hiredgun2112 said:
i always thought 1080i was 1920x1080on a crt, hence 1080i
No. The 'i' denotes an interlacing, and each frame is broken into two 'fields', one displaying 540 lines, the other displaying the other 540 lines. These two fields are played twice as fast, in the case of broadcast TV, 60 fields per second, which comprises an effective 30 FRAMES per second. It's a trick of the eye that allows us to not see the alternating fields. The reason this is done is that for a CRT gun to have tight enough timings to do a full 1920x1080 frame @ 30 seconds would make it expensive. This goes back to the first TV tubes...but many CRT's can do 480p, which is not as taxing.

720p is progressive, meaning that the entire FRAME is displayed each second, 30 times a second.

Wow, Yaka, I'm suprised you're allowed to take the dev kit home and show it to everyone on the net. Thank goodnes for the anonymity of the net.

yoshi9784 said:
Wow, Yaka, I'm suprised you're allowed to take the dev kit home and show it to everyone on the net. Thank goodnes for the anonymity of the net.

Yaka said:
not sure the x360 pics arnt mine nor do i have dev kit

:confused:

Sorry, but I don't see what the fuss is all about. :confused: I have the same monitor, and even on my lowly PC, the graphics look better than on that Xbox 360... :eek:

Looks nice on the 2405FPW , looks like it'l be nice for us FW900 users as well (pic) ;)

Back