Windows 8 Now on Dreamspark Premium

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
Just figured I'd give fellow students a heads up.

It also looks like MS Visual Studio 2012 has also been released. :)

Keep in mind that you need to be a Science/Engineering/Comp. Science student to be given access to Dreamspark Premium. You also might need to go through your IT department.

i cant download because it said i already order a similar product. does the rp count???

Last edited:
i cant download because it said i already order a similar product. does the rp count???
No. From what it looks like, the RP and Pro versions are different products.

It might be a bug is MS's system. You should try calling them

The number it gives me is actually the number for my IT department. :p

On the top right, click Help. Scroll to the bottom and click Contact Us

I'm having the same issue. I previously downloaded the 64-bit consumer preview. I'm able to add the 32-bit product to my cart, but not the 64-bit version.

The error is "The item cannot be added to your cart because you have already ordered this item (or a related item) and cannot order it again. You can view your previous order by clicking Your Account above. Download orders can be re-downloaded from there."

Are those of you without errors able to get two serials, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit, or just one?

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue. I previously downloaded the consumer preview. I'm able to add the 32-bit product to my cart, but not the 64-bit version. If it's like Windows 7, though, the licenses are interchangeable. Is there a legal place to download the 64-bit ISO? Then I could just check out with the 32-bit version.

The error is "The item cannot be added to your cart because you have already ordered this item (or a related item) and cannot order it again. You can view your previous order by clicking Your Account above. Download orders can be re-downloaded from there."

Are those of you without errors able to get two serials, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit, or just one?
Sounds like a bug in MS's system.

Sounds like a bug in MS's system.

Looks like it's already been fixed. I was able to check out with both versions of Windows 8 this morning. I don't think it was a manual override since I haven't received a response to my support ticket.

Back