Woah! Crysis VERY HIGH High looks at HIGH Performance

For some reason when I right click on the icon I dont see play dx9. I've tried it in both the bin32 and bin64 folders but I just cant see it.

EDIT: nvm I was able to do it with adding dx9 in the target field thanks Hamidxa.

EDIT 2: DUDE HOLY SHIT THANKS!!!!! I just tried your config and HOLY HELL the game looks fucking beauitfulllllllllllllllll!!!!!! I dont even see any performence decreases, I actually see an INCREASE wtf? Anyways thanks a lot bro!!

:D

Glad to hear that my config made a noticable difference for you as well.

As for the performance levels, it should be right at around high, usually 1-2 FPS slower, but then again I haven't tested it versus vanilla high for quite some time (since patch 1.1) so you never know. :)

At any rate, enjoy your 35-40% savings in terms of performance while getting about 90-95% of the Very High looks.

(Edit: Everyone should be playing Crysis like this, it's a crime almost for those who don't know about it, I wonder why Crytek themselves do not include this sort of config in a patch, if even only as an option for those that want to emulate DX10 very high under DX9 settings...)

The game was fun, but If I have to manually go in, and set-up my own config files to get the performance/visuals that I was expecting, isn't that saying something about the game as a whole?

I have an older video card and most configs I've found/tried seem to be for newer gen 8xxx series cards.

Just throwing it out there.

Majority of the threads you'll read on cod4 and tf2 are about gameplay, where as a thread on crysis is ALWAYS about configs, shitty performance etc.

After reading your post I can't help but wonder why you overclock. Shouldn't your chip manufacturer sold it at its highest performance out of the gate without you having to take the time and energy into overclocking?

All the guy is trying to say here is for people that WANT to get the benefit of it looking good and performing well also, use what he has tested. That's all he is saying.

I took a few SS's with the hamidxa;s config. The first 2 pics are of REAL very high settings and fake very high settings respectively

crysis64_20080822_06070433.jpg

crysis64_20080822_06073006.jpg

crysis64_20080822_06131223.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11433997.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11434264.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11434851.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11435034.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11435218.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11435416.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11441146.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11535589.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11540209.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11541996.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11542420.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11572195.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11585770.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11590337.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11591247.jpg

crysis64_20080822_11591506.jpg

crysis64_20080822_06062924.jpg

still looks nowhere near as good as the screenshots that were out before the game was released.

huh....the pre release screenies were not that good.
what the heck are you talking about? the screenshots and videos that were shown before the game out were better looking then the actual game delivered. anybody that followed this game knows that. :confused:

what the heck are you talking about? the screenshots and videos that were shown before the game out were better looking then the actual game delivered. anybody that followed this game knows that. :confused:

Dude I'm looking at some pre release screenies of the 1st mission right now and they're nowhere as good as running it on high.

Dude I'm looking at some pre release screenies of the 1st mission right now and they're nowhere as good as running it on high.
well you may be looking at some crappy ones then because anybody that has a clue about this game knows the game doesnt look as good as some of the videos and screenshots that were shown before the game came out. I followed the game closely and I remember looking at plenty of threads on many forums including incrysis.com and crysis-online.com and seeing comparisons. there was shitloads of people wondering why the actual game didnt look as good and in fact plenty of people made custom configs trying to get the game as good looking as those earlier videos and screenshots. if you dont know about all this then you were not following the game.http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12333

comparisonshotxt0.jpg

right...you can easily get the original Crysis look by dloading custom lightening configs of crymod site. Will lower your fps by around 4-5 but then theres other stuff you can tweak in the config that will seriously raise your min and avrg fps.

right...you can easily get the original Crysis look by dloading custom lightening configs of crymod site.

i have yet to see a config that produces graphics like the pre-release screens. link please.

well you may be looking at some crappy ones then because anybody that has a clue about this game knows the game doesnt look as good as some of the videos and screenshots that were shown before the game came out. I followed the game closely and I remember looking at plenty of threads on many forums including incrysis.com and crysis-online.com and seeing comparisons. there was shitloads of people wondering why the actual game didnt look as good and in fact plenty of people made custom configs trying to get the game as good looking as those earlier videos and screenshots. if you dont know about all this then you were not following the game.http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12333

comparisonshotxt0.jpg

Umm, here is proof that it can be made to look like the E3 Demo (outside of the editor; i.e. actual game play):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPi0AhQgrDs&feature=related

About This Video

After this http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6115/comparisonshotxt0.jpg
comparison was released people began to doubt the graphics Crysis promised when first revealed, but someone tweaked (no hack of any kind) the day of time using the editor among other things and managed to produce this.
Original thread here http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12333

His specs are as follows
"-Q6600 OC'd to 2.8, but can easily go higher
-2 Gigs Mushkin Redline 1066 Ram-Downclocked to 933Mhz with 4-4-4-11 timings(Dont ask me why, but going to full 1066 gives me the infamous Nvlddmkm has stopped responding error)
-8800 Ultra Oc'd to 655 core and lets just say insane memory speeds
-Vista Ultimate 32bit
-Nice monitor with great response time and 1100:1 contrast ratio, but native resolution of 1280X1024"

A slightly higher res version can be found here:
http://www.stage6.com/user/verw3948/video/1829753/Crysis-Jungle-Fight

Umm, here is proof that it can be made to look like the E3 Demo (outside of the editor; i.e. actual game play):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPi0AhQgrDs&feature=related

A slightly higher res version can be found here:
http://www.stage6.com/user/verw3948/video/1829753/Crysis-Jungle-Fight
are you drunk? lol. I already said it could be made to look as good and the links you showed were already the ones I was talking about. the stage6 vid is dead and I already mentioned that. I was talking about the standard settings in the game didnt look like what had being shown. also those screenshots you just posted dont really look all that good at all if you were implying that did.

are you drunk? lol. I already said it could be made to look as good and the links you showed were already the ones I was talking about. the stage6 vid is dead and I already mentioned that. I was talking about the standard settings in the game didnt look like what had being shown. also those screenshots you just posted dont really look all that good at all if you were implying that did.

Drunk?
No, Ive never had a drink before in my life.

As for the screenshots I posted, most people who have seen them across various forums tend to feel that quite a few of them look just as good if not better than anything Crytek's PR team ever released.

As for the video I linked to, and the comparison shot you linked to, they both prove the same thing -- that Crysis can be made to look like that.

The E3 demo screenshot in your comparison pic ( http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6115/comparisonshotxt0.jpg ) is NOT of a playable demo (ever released to the public), nor was it ever an actual in-game level.

It's merely a small custom map with minimal geometry created by Crytek in a matter of just a few days to showcase the CryEngine 2 for E3.

The Video I linked to was a small custom map with similar geometry created by a Crysis fan within a matter of just a few days to showcase the CryEngine2 for dubious haters such as you.

I hope you see the similarities and I also hope that my point didn't go right over your head this time...

Now if it's ok with you, let's not derail this thread any further, because the purpose of this thread is to provide users with a Very High gaming experience at performance levels matching those of High settings.

If you have any other specific issues that don't pertain to this topic, then feel free to start your own, but please don't take a crap on this one, as it has helped numerous users thus far.

Drunk?
No, Ive never had a drink before in my life.

As for the screenshots I posted, most people who have seen them across various forums tend to feel that they look just as good if not better than anything Crytek's PR team released.

As for the video I linked to, and the comparison shot you linked to, they both prove the same thing -- that Crysis can be made to look like that.

The E3 demo screenshot in your comparison pic ( http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6115/comparisonshotxt0.jpg ) is NOT of a playable demo.

It's merely a small custom map with minimal geometry created by Crytek in a matter of just a few days to showcase the CryEngine 2 for E3.

The Video I linked to was a small custom map with similar geometry created by a Crysis fan within a matter of just a few days to showcase the CryEngine2 for dubious haters such as you.

I hope you see the similarities and I also hope that my point didn't go right over your head this time...
over my head? did you even read what I said? you really need to pay attention instead of calling me a hater because the ONLY thing I said was that the game didnt look as good as the stuff we were seeing BEFORE the game came out. I agree with you that the game can be made to look better and I ALREADY mentioned that long before you did. I also ALREADY mentioned the video that you linked to. hopefully that got through to you. as for the screenshots I have seen much much better so no they did not impress me.

Look up crysis natural mod. That will tweak crysis ingame lightning to realistic levels, or demo levels. Also try CCC crysis optimizer which changes a lot of settings but generally gives a significant boost to avg and min fps by tweaking how the engine handles the rendering of the island, textures, af etc.

Look up crysis natural mod. That will tweak crysis ingame lightning to realistic levels, or demo levels. Also try CCC crysis optimizer which changes a lot of settings but generally gives a significant boost to avg and min fps by tweaking how the engine handles the rendering of the island, textures, af etc.
the CCC was pretty good and can make the game look great and run great with even a 9600gt. theres even a pretty good option in there for little wimpy 8600gt. ;)

the CCC was pretty good and can make the game look great and run great with even a 9600gt. theres even a pretty good option in there for little wimpy 8600gt. ;)

lol, yea I accidentally tried level 4 in CCC. I thought it was equal to crysis at high but turned out its somewhat of a cross in between high and very high. Nevertheless when i reinstalled with level 3 game still looked great with great fps as well.

Drunk?

The E3 demo screenshot in your comparison pic ( http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6115/comparisonshotxt0.jpg ) is NOT of a playable demo (ever released to the public), nor was it ever an actual in-game level.

Point? Last i checked those videos were labelled jungle fight dx 9 and jungle fight dx 10. In other words fighting in the jungle in dx9 would look like this and dx10 like this. Just about everyone drew the same conclusions on those vids and when the game came out it looked nothing like that, and crytek didnt do anything to disuade people from believing it would look like that in game. And please dont drone on about modding the game, those vids had everyone believing that out of the box the game would look that way and it clearly didnt.

Crytek did nothing to dispell the fact that out of the box the game doesn't look like those vids so theyre really the ones to blame. The game can be made to look better but those vids had a certain look to them that ive yet to see duplicated in any of the mods that are currently out.

Those vids in paticular really stirred the hype up for crysis, then the demo gets released and a simaltanious shout of WTF could be heard worldwide.

thanks for the config Hamixda, it looks and runs great. the only thing i feel it's missing is "battledust". can you give direction on how to enable this while still using your config?

I still get battle dust. Are you ingame settings all set to high? (minus shadows and pp)

I noticed about 10-15, maybe even 20 fps, so it definately worked good for me...

Running Vista 64 on an e8500 @ 3.4 and a 4870....

I noticed though, the trees look like shit now...I just did the copy and paste thing but now they are all pixelated, although I doubt AA will fix that...any other tips?

Hi, so I see you are all Crysis fans. Can I ask something ?
Have bought Crysis almost 1 year ago and of course it blew me away.
But because I'm a very impatient type of guy, I played around for around 1/2 hour and left it until today.
Same thing with many other Top Games. I installed them, played half way through the most and have been obstracted by other things.

I still have to figure how to pull myself together. How do you guys normally play a game like this.
How long does it take from beginning to the end of, like Crysis.

One of the few games I indeed have completed was FarCry 1, it's funny how this game stays in the back of my mind, because sometimes I remember certain situations of that game.
As if there was some link to my life at certain moments ? haha

Anyway, FarCry was such a joy to play and so exciting on every level ! But there was one big downfall.
It became far too hard for me from level 11 or 12 onwards that I had no other option than cheating with "god mode".
Besides this, I hated these Zombie kind of supernatural beasts who could jump like a mile into the air.
I think those spoiled the game quite a bit.

Reminds me on the flood from Halo 1, the campaign mode was good ... until the flood appeard at one point. They spoiled the whole campaign game for me.

What about Crysis ? As I said, I've never even finished the first level yet ... but are some surprises to be expected during gameplay ?
Positive or negative ?
Well, maybe you don't tell me cause it's all part of the game, isn't it ?

As to the quality, wow, hell yes ... I remember that my jaw just stayed wide open while I played this game.
Of course, all what I had read before was true, it's a very, very hardware demanding game and my Geforce 8800 GT is able to make it playable "just about".

Hey, I have not looked into my next upgrade yet ... what would you recommend for something better than a GeForce 8800 GT ? I heard about GTX 250 and above, but is it worth the additional performance ?
My computer hardware knowledge has not been updated since about 1 year ago.

Cheers

Well, this thread is over a year old but I'll answer some of your questions. First off, if you're going to upgrade from an 8800GT, go at least as high as a GTX 260. A nice EVGA one is available right now for $179 at NewEgg, and they perform quite well. Also, I don't know what CPU you're running but make sure it is not bottlenecking your machine. If your CPU isn't beefy enough, the GTX 260 won't give you much of an improvement over your 8800GT.

Hey thanks for your reply ... I have an E8400 Wolfdale (3GHz) atm, but am in the process of re-employing the E8400 in a different system, being used only for browsing and stuff.
My main system will get a new Q9550 (E0) instead ... hope the 4 instead of 2 cores will make any difference though.

Would you know of any (not too old) table where PC games are listed by usage of single / dual / quad cores ?
As far as I know it's rocket science for software developers to program the usage of more than one core into PC games.
Has anything improved in that field yet ?

Atech ... 2H4U ? ... within 1.8 Years ?

Your postcount is 3044 = 4.67 posts per day.

Uhm, do you do anything else ? I mean ANYTHING else at all ?

cannondale06 = [H]ardness Supreme

... 4,287 posts = 8.30 posts per day ???

OMG

Back