X2 3800+.....$239.99

Buying the processor for yourself is one thing, trying to take advantage of this company by buying like 10 of them is just wrong. Not only are you decreasing people's chances of getting the deal, you're also actively trying to profit from a company's mistake. I'm attempting to buy one for myself, but its not like I'm trying to put this company out of business by purchasing as many as possible just so I can sell them later. In any case, I highly doubt this is going through. My order is up for review.

Order Open/Closed: Open
Order Status: Review
Date / Time (EST): 11/1/2005 4:48:59 AM
Sub Total: $239.99
Tax (OR 0%): $0.00
Shipping via Ground: $10.00
Grand Total: $249.99

if anybody manages to get these for the discounted price and has an extra one, id be willing to buy one ;) :)

TSS Modder said:
if anybody manages to get these for the discounted price and has an extra one, id be willing to buy one ;) :)

ditto <---not the pokemon

i have a "hold" on my card for one. the odd part is that there is another charge...
CHECKCARD 11/01 PCDIRECT MANOR KINETIK TOLEDO OH - $249.04
CHECKCARD 11/01 PCDIRECT MANOR KINETIK TOLEDO OH - $1.60

No clue what the $1.60 is for...but hey, if I get one...who cares? :D

Yeah I got that too

CHECKCARD 11/01 PCDIRECT MANOR KINETIK TOLEDO OH [Learn more]
$1.13

CHECKCARD 11/01 PCDIRECT MANOR KINETIK TOLEDO OH [Learn more]
$1.71

PhoenixC5 said:
i have a "hold" on my card for one. the odd part is that there is another charge...
CHECKCARD 11/01 PCDIRECT MANOR KINETIK TOLEDO OH - $249.04
CHECKCARD 11/01 PCDIRECT MANOR KINETIK TOLEDO OH - $1.60

No clue what the $1.60 is for...but hey, if I get one...who cares? :D
The plot thickens...

Note to all:
And whatever you all do, as long as the merchant conducts the non-transaction appropriately, don't leave a negative rating for a price mistake ;). It's just more junk posts to filter out when reading them. Yes those posts often sound as if they're written by whiny brats ;)

james__bean said:
Buying the processor for yourself is one thing, trying to take advantage of this company by buying like 10 of them is just wrong. Not only are you decreasing people's chances of getting the deal, you're also actively trying to profit from a company's mistake. I'm attempting to buy one for myself, but its not like I'm trying to put this company out of business by purchasing as many as possible just so I can sell them later. In any case, I highly doubt this is going through. My order is up for review.

Order Open/Closed: Open
Order Status: Review
Date / Time (EST): 11/1/2005 4:48:59 AM
Sub Total: $239.99
Tax (OR 0%): $0.00
Shipping via Ground: $10.00
Grand Total: $249.99

So what? Whats the difference to the company that one person buys 10, or 10 people buy one? Their still going to lose the money. To be frank with you, i dont really give a damn if its right or wrong.

Im sure if you had the money, you'd take advantage of the deal. this isn't a perfect world, go wake up.

oh BTW, i got in the $212 for the Dell 1905FP on July and bought 7, i made $130 each on eBay, you want to hate on me more?

as i said, im not holding my breath for this deal as its was an obvious mixup of numbers, but who cares, it'd be damn good deal if it goes through.

noypi86 said:
So what? Whats the difference to the company that one person buys 10, or 10 people buy one? Their still going to lose the money. To be frank with you, i dont really give a damn if its right or wrong.

Im sure if you had the money, you'd take advantage of the deal. this isn't a perfect world, go wake up.

oh BTW, i got in the $212 for the Dell 1905FP on July and bought 7, i made $130 each on eBay, you want to hate on me more?

as i said, im not holding my breath for this deal as its was an obvious mixup of numbers, but who cares, it'd be damn good deal if it goes through.

dang 212? i want one!!

Whoever bought more then 1 and wants to sell me 1 pm me. Thanks I saw the deal at 9 am central time but when I went to buy it was no longer active :( .. Maybe next deal I will get in.

im sure they will cuz their reseller ratings will drop like crazy dont u think?

Mine's up for review too and still has the "open" status, here's hoping.

If this deal does fall through, I'd hate for everyone to bomb their reseller rating. Everyone makes mistakes.

No clue what the $1.60 is for...but hey, if I get one...who cares?
The $1.60, or $1.42, or whatever the SMALL credit is, it is a saftey check on the cards.. they withdraw a small amount to see if it is a valid card, then charge you the enitre thing, and refund the small amount... many only companies do this.. nothing out of the ordinary.

I still have one on hold, and have the SMALL credit deduction as well.. hoping they fulfill some orders at least.

tvdang7 said:
im sure they will cuz their reseller ratings will drop like crazy dont u think?
all companies can cancel sales on pricing mistakes...doesn't anyone remember the best buy deal where they said geforce 4 Ti4600's were for sale for 139.99 and a whole bunch of people tried to buy them, for them to just be cancelled later?

ignitionxvi said:
all companies can cancel sales on pricing mistakes...doesn't anyone remember the best buy deal where they said geforce 4 Ti4600's were for sale for 139.99 and a whole bunch of people tried to buy them, for them to just be cancelled later?

I remember this one. I actually had tried to hop in on it.

so is it possible these people will just charge us the 330 and ship this shit without even asking us?

Matrices said:
so is it possible these people will just charge us the 330 and ship this shit without even asking us?

Nope, that would be the last thing they would do. That would force them to honor the price stated in the electronic purchase receipt. If they charged more without buyer consent...that would definately be illegal.

i actually saw this last night when it was fresh.. maybe an hour old.. but i talked myself out of buying it.. now i am kinda kicking myself thinking i should have ordered 2 of them, sold one for a $70 profit or so.. but overall, it would have cost me $500 cause i would have wound up buying a case, mobo, psu, and probably a hard drive just so i could use the thing..

so i guess hmmm.. whatever.. good luck to those that ordered..

i have seen this kind of thing happen time and time again though.. its a good way for a company to get people to see their site, that is if they did it on purpose.. its 50/50 whether they honor the price.. if they do, i bet they only will do it for the ones they had on hand and then cancel the rest of the orders...

only till will tell

TSS Modder said:
thank you Capt. Obvious... that was posted quite a many pages back...
captain.jpg

If I was a vendor with 500+ orders I didn't want to manually cancel, I'd leave them open for ten days to let the credit card authorizations timeout so I didn't have to do 500+ refunds. To do that he'd have to leave the orders open.

vibe said:
If I was a vendor with 500+ orders I didn't want to manually cancel, I'd leave them open for ten days to let the credit card authorizations timeout so I didn't have to do 500+ refunds. To do that he'd have to leave the orders open.
at which point it seems to be fair to start asking for interest...

drizzt81 said:
at which point it seems to be fair to start asking for interest...

If you own a credit card you should know that an authorization does not actually deduct money from your account, but does deduct from the total amount you can charge. No harm, no foul, no interest :p

When/if the orders are cancelled, can we lock this thread, before all the noobs start talking about getting a "class action suit" together? :rolleyes: :D

vbrtrmn said:
When/if the orders are cancelled, can we lock this thread, before all the noobs start talking about getting a "class action suit" together? :rolleyes: :D

Please do :)

SJetski71 said:
The plot thickens...

Note to all:
And whatever you all do, as long as the merchant conducts the non-transaction appropriately, don't leave a negative rating for a price mistake ;). It's just more junk posts to filter out when reading them. Yes those posts often sound as if they're written by whiny brats ;)

Well, so far this merchant hasn't conducted this transaction/non-transaction appropriately at all. There has been NO contact or confirmation regarding whether they will cancel our orders. If they drag this out for another few days with no communication and my order status remains as "REVIEW", I think it's fair to leave a negative rating for poor customer service.

Boogak said:
Well, so far this merchant hasn't conducted this transaction/non-transaction appropriately at all. There has been NO contact or confirmation regarding whether they will cancel our orders. If they drag this out for another few days with no communication and my order status remains as "REVIEW", I think it's fair to leave a negative rating for poor customer service.

and why would you do that? :rolleyes:

Boogak said:

Most online stores, hell any stores have a 1-2 day processing delay. Albeit most never reach that time, but it's there just in case, oh I don't know, a ton of people got in on a pricing mistake and you need time to figure out a solution?

Mine's still open :( :)

ordered 1 yesterday around 8:30ish AM and my status states "OPEN"

still very curios to see how this pans out

Boogak said:
Uh... cuz of their piss poor customer service? :confused:

Now now, you haven't recived a notice and now thier piss poor? you are over reacting and you know that if they honor this they would be losing money.
E-mail or go call them up to see whats up, but leaving a negative feedback knowing full well that there is a very high probability that this is a price mistake is just lame.

I was one of the first to get in on this deal and I have only recieved the automated e-mail for the $239.99 + shipping. No charge to my CC yet.

Anyone that doesn't have a "happy if lucky" attitude with online pricing mistakes should not be shopping online. Class action suits, ha. Please don't even think about feeding the lawyers...

The only problem I would have with a vendor is if they somehow charged me extra after it was purchased/shipped at that advertised price and I have never experienced that (though I have read a few rare nightmare stories).

Amazon cancels orders ALL the time. If they can do it legally, so can every other smaller vendor.

Back