XFX 5870 409.99 shipped, 357.51 After Bing Cashback

I used to wc my cpu and video cards... nothing looks more bad ass than a pc with a couple of wc loops in it imo... I'm planning on doing it again sometime.. just because it's a fun project and the silence is nice also..

edit: mah 5870 is status "out for delivery". . . wooters!!

Last edited:
I just got a Newegg auto-notify e-mail letting me know they've got more 5870s in stock. LOL!

I see the happy, friendly UPS truck pulling into my building's lot. Christmas is here 2 days early!! :D

I just got a Newegg auto-notify e-mail letting me know they've got more 5870s in stock. LOL!

I see the happy, friendly UPS truck pulling into my building's lot. Christmas is here 2 days early!! :D

Jealous. :eek: WTF are you still doing on here then? Go install that thing and try to get the gray vertical stripes crash so I can convince myself it's not worth buying! :p

I have yet to see the gray vertical stripes crash... and I have two of them now. Of course I am not doing any overclocking of the cards at the moment.

i dont see any cashback from either newegg or tiger when i search bing...

Try clearing your cookies/cache or a different browser. I tried again just now using "tiger direct" and the 12.8% banner came up on the 2nd try.

i guess what i am trying to say is nothing pops up when i enter the phrases. it just shows links but nothing specific on 15% cashback :(

Its 12.8% and if you don't see it on the first results page, try then clicking on the shopping page. If you're using a browser plugin that blocks ads you may need to disable it or try a different browser.

Jealous. :eek: WTF are you still doing on here then? Go install that thing and try to get the gray vertical stripes crash so I can convince myself it's not worth buying! :p
Sorry, friend. You'll have to find someone else to talk you out of buying a 5870. ;) It's rocking my machine!!! MW2 and Borderlands look amazing!!! I'm reinstalling HL2 + FakeFactory 10 and Oblivion to see how they do with this new beast of a card. Stop torturing yourself. Go get one now!!

Oh, if you guys can get it.... try doing the Mastercard Overwhelming offers.

If you don't know go to

savings.mastercard.com

With an applicable credit or debit mastercard you can get cash back off purchases through an overwhelming offer. However, they only give out about 100 per day at NOON eastern standard time. This means you got to click fast. Today for example was $100 back for any Tigerdirect purchase of $199.99 or more. The deal states a "Wii" but you don't have to buy a Wii to get the cash back, just spend the pre-requisite amount. The other catch is the vendor is different each day typically, but Tigerdirect seems to come up often.

What this means? Well you get another $100 back on that 5870 making it $258.... hrmmm even a better deal.

I will state you have to be FAST to get a reservation for the daily overwhelming offer. As I said only 100 or so per day. Also, you have to click a button which takes you to a page where you must type in a CAPTCHA ... a randomly generated word.... and then hit submit after typing in the word correctly. Many people mess up on the typing part. This prevent automation from getting the reservation everyday.

I have done it twice so far, both from Tigerdirect for $100 back on a $200 purchase and $50 back on a $100 purchase. Worked both times so far.

I went to that site and tried to sign up with my mastercard and it wouldn;t sign me up cause you have to have a debit card. Regular charge cards do not work!

FYI Amex has something similar but they give you triple points which suck...

Sorry, friend. You'll have to find someone else to talk you out of buying a 5870. ;) It's rocking my machine!!! MW2 and Borderlands look amazing!!! I'm reinstalling HL2 + FakeFactory 10 and Oblivion to see how they do with this new beast of a card. Stop torturing yourself. Go get one now!!

Your boss at tigerdirect called, he said you aren't shilling the 5870 deal hard enough.

Will TigerDirect credit me the $10 difference. They shipped my 5870 yesterday so it hasn't been delivered yet.

Update:

I sent them an email a week ago asking if they'd credit me the $10 difference, and this was the response I got today.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we could not price protect the item # P450-5870 as it is still being sold at $409.99.

How convenient for them. Jack the price back up while you make the customer wait a week, then tell them you can't honor it. That's BS. :mad:

you guys think this card is worth the money to get over the 5850 thats on amazon for 280$? its a sapphire card

you guys think this card is worth the money to get over the 5850 thats on amazon for 280$? its a sapphire card

depends on what you want to do.. if you're after eyefinity with 3 largish displays, then I would get the 5870.. but if you're not planning on that, a 5850 should hold it's own fairly well on anything up to 1920x1200..

Right now i have a 1920x1200 display and 260 i have atm does everything i need it to do but i want more power for future games like mass effect 2 and etc, plus to sell the 260 while i can. i just dont know if i should "waste" money on the 5870... and just get the 5850

its up to 15% right now, i'm comtemplating on ordering them. anyone want to buy some gtx285's?
screenshot20091231at153.png

supposedly you can get an extra 5% through shopdiscover.com So $328 after both, crazyness...

To get both, go through shopdiscover.com first, find the card and put in cart, then in that same window open another tab and go to bing, search for TigerDirect, click through the 15% TD link on the top, and refresh your original Tab with the card already in the cart and you should now see the %15 off flag!

supposedly you can get an extra 5% through shopdiscover.com So $328 after both, crazyness...

To get both, go through shopdiscover.com first, find the card and put in cart, then in that same window open another tab and go to bing, search for TigerDirect, click through the 15% TD link on the top, and refresh your original Tab with the card already in the cart and you should now see the %15 off flag!

Where are you seeing this? I type XFX and/or 5870 into the search box and get no results...

Not sure if you want to go this route, and am not sure about bing. I bought the 5870 from amazon for $350 about a month ago. Their prices seem to fluctuate every now and then. Happy hunting.

Back