XFX 5870 409.99 shipped, 357.51 After Bing Cashback

Just got the shipping notice! Won't get here til Monday, tho. Gonna be a long weekend.

did your 12.8% cashback show up on your account yet?:confused:

My cashback notification was almost instant (within a minute or two of clicking submit). As long as you see it when you're checking out, you should get it... If you don't see it in a week, you might just have to file a claim with bing. I paid with BIllMeLater though.

I put two 5870s in my cart but then closed the window. I'm hoping the CB goes away quickly. I can't take the temptation.

Last edited:
Ditto. Seems like I don't have enough time for games these days and the gtx 260 is still pretty good. I would definitely jump on a 5850 for $250 for eyefinity though.

Great, now you let my buyers remorse set in. I'm upgrading from a GTX 275. :(:(:(

I put two 5870s in my cart but then closed the window. I'm hoping the CB goes away quickly. I can't take the temptation.

It sits in the cart for at least 24 hours.. then they're so kind to send you a reminder in e-mail saying you left something in your cart...

Something tells me price drops are just around the corner....:p

Maybe back to original MSRP ? :D

It's $388 at ncixus, but it's a powercolor....and newegg's xfx went to $399. Of course CA tax tacks on a good 33 bucks. Demand is dropping. All the high end nerds got their fill and now demand has been quenched....and sales are falling.

But still, 5870 is comparable to a gtx 295 Overclocked, so I don't know if ati really needs to drop the price I guess. Maybe they just want to sell a high volume of these cards now.

When I click on "Learn" on their "Double Lifetime Protection" page it throws a 404. Nice.

When I click on "Learn" on their "Double Lifetime Protection" page it throws a 404. Nice.
XFX's Double Lifetime warranty means the original buyer gets full lifetime warranty BUT if you sell the card, that buyer also gets a full lifetime warranty.

I just checked my Bing cashback account and noticed the amount was $55, not $52. Turns out that I ordered the XXX version by mistake. DOH!! I'm going to keep it rather than deal with the RMA/exchange hassle.

Well damn. Was just about to order one (had logged into PayPal through TigerDirect and was about to click the button to complete the purchase) when I saw this thread. I've been getting occasional crashes with my GTX 260s and was fed up enough tonight to try ATI again but the number of people having the gray screen issue with their cards is worrisome to me. Then again, this is a place where most people overclock, and some are wondering if that is contributing to the crashes.

Good luck to those of you who ordered. Apparently not everyone is affected, but the problem thread is so large I'm not sure if i want to chance it...someone in that thread even mentioned a possible recall.

Tempting... looking on eBay it looks like I could sell my GTX260s and end up upgrading for $60 or so...

Will TigerDirect credit me the $10 difference. They shipped my 5870 yesterday so it hasn't been delivered yet.

If they don't just refuse the package, on the delivery attempt. Card goes back, get refund, then buy it for the $399 price, lol.

I bit. I was getting way too annoyed with the lack of 5970s so I bought this and a waterblock. I figure I can always buy another in a few months when the price drops, and it will equal a 5970 in price, but with more headroom for tweaking.

To anyone interested, the XXX version is still in stock @ $429 with $55 cashback

edit: post times are the same Blackforge, but I know I clicked first! Darn snow must be causing some latency :D

To anyone interested, the XXX version is still in stock @ $429 with $55 cashback

edit: post times are the same Blackforge, I promise I clicked first! Darn snow must be causing some latency :D
Mine arrives tomorrow!! :)

With the cash back price, it's $20 cheaper than the GTX 285 I bought in July. Bet I'll get no more than $250 when I sell it. LOL!

edit: post times are the same Blackforge, but I know I clicked first! Darn snow must be causing some latency :D

I just switched cable providers just so I could post faster, suck it! j/k :D

I just received my second 5870 today, woo! Err.. wait why am I posting.. I should be trying out Crossfire..

Mine arrives tomorrow!! :)

With the cash back price, it's $20 cheaper than the GTX 285 I bought in July. Bet I'll get no more than $250 when I sell it. LOL!

Man, that's crazy but surely true if you keep it for a few short months...

Blackforge said:
I just received my second 5870 today, woo! Err.. wait why am I posting.. I should be trying out Crossfire..

Yep, and then promptly deciding that it's WAY overkill and selling me one for oh, what was it Mr. Wolf? $250? PM me your PayPal address whenever you have time, k? :p

Man, that's crazy but surely true if you keep it for a few short months...

Yep, and then promptly deciding that it's WAY overkill and selling me one for oh, what was it Mr. Wolf? $250? PM me your PayPal address whenever you have time, k? :p
Actually, I was referring to my 285. Paid $390 for it in July, might be able to sell it for $250 if I'm lucky. Now, if you're interested in a six-month old, mint condition 285... we should talk! ;)

I bit. I was getting way too annoyed with the lack of 5970s so I bought this and a waterblock. I figure I can always buy another in a few months when the price drops, and it will equal a 5970 in price, but with more headroom for tweaking.

same boat here... didn't get the water block... but oh well.. this one card will be more powerful than my current two in SLI and the eyefinity factor is full of win. :) I'll likely add another 5870 in a few months.. just like I did with my 8800GTX SLI upgrade about 3 months after I got the first one. ;)

Guys, the stock cooler is adequate enough. The 5850 I had was silent and extremely efficient. I'm sure the 5870 is no different. I think watercooling should definitely only be added if you plan to do some extreme overclocking. I would test the 5870 out first before going out and buying waterblocks.

Guys, the stock cooler is adequate enough. The 5850 I had was silent and extremely efficient. I'm sure the 5870 is no different. I think watercooling should definitely only be added if you plan to do some extreme overclocking. I would test the 5870 out first before going out and buying waterblocks.

Silence is objective. I've heard people say X video card is silent at Y% and I've found it to be unbearable. Once you've lived with the silence of watercooling, air cooling just doesn't compare. Just because the stock cooler is good enough for you doesn't mean it's good enough for someone who wants to slap a waterblock on it.

Having gone from 3 watercooled 285s to a single 5870, i probably wont bother watercooling it. Then again i fully intend on selling it once i find a 5970 so theres not much point. That being said, i can't hear the card over the other fans in my rig.

I DONT CARE. GO AWAY.

Back