XFX To Sell ATi Based Video Cards

Hopefully this is true. I will pay up to a $20 premium for XFX warranty support over ATI current partners.

This is awesome.

I don't get the XFX as a poor third. I'd rather buy XFX than any other brand due to the double lifetime warranty. The card is real easy to sell second hand when you can guarantee that it comes with a lifetime warranty to the person you're selling it to in FS/FT.

I don't get the XFX as a poor third.

Same :confused:

I've been with this company ever since their MX440 SE card. My next card from them was the FX5200 PCI.

Do like how XFX is on both sides in terms of supplying cards.

Oh and, how the warranty is covered for Canadian residents too. eVGA and BFG do this as well, was just stating specifically XFX.

XFX had this to say as well.

Hi there Guys

You are quite right, Officially I cannot comment on this rumour at present, but an official statement about this should be out very early next week. Keep watching.....

Regards

XFX

I doubt we will see much higher clocks on the 4870 cards, simply because it appears that ATI has pushed the clocks on the 4870 as far as they can go stably.

I think we are more likely to see cards composed of purely High quality components, faster clocks on the sub 4870 cards, especially memory clocks

Maybe some manufacture watercooled ati cards? That'll be nice to see, but I bought my gpu block separately cause they didn't have watercooled 8800gtx bundle at launch.

work at a local PC store where I live and for 2 years now all we carry now are Nvidia based EVGA cards. For awhile we were also carrying XFX Nvidia based cards as well. We just recently started to stock Asus ATI cards though. Mainly because we have a lot of people requesting their cards and I finally complained enough to my manager to start stocking ATI again. We carry their motherboards as well, so wasn't hard to pick up. Personally Asus support is awesome, we get their parts RMA'd faster than anyone else.

Also note that we have a gaming center in the back with say 50 computers in there all EVGA Nvidia based cards and for whatever reason we do see a lot of fan issues with EVGA. Don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but we have to RMA a lot of them because of it, fan stops working, card overheats and you know the rest.

In the end though it's cool that XFX is coming over, but with company's like Asus and Gigabyte already making ATI cards I never had too much of an issue choosing a company. Support is important too, seeing how all I do is see bad parts on a daily basis. XFX was good to us, just my manager likes dealing with EVGA more. Though personally I'd have to say Asus was always the best to deal with. Just don't buy the M2N-VM DVI motherboard from them we had to stop carrying it and dealt with many many issues from it. Bad Asus!!

Yes................ very good news I loved their service when nvidia had those bad batches of memory on the 7900 series.

Super Duper fast RMA.

good to hear.. some what bad for nvidia but a good business idea by XFX.. hopefully EVGA takes the idea as well and adopts the ATI brand.. ATI needs a lot more companies with lifetime warrenties and good history behind them.. guess we will have to see what happens down the road..

I bet XFX will be much more profitable than eVGA and BFG because of this, why limit your market when you can sell your products.

Edit: Will we see AMD mobos from XFX as well?

I meant with AMD chipsets. XFX 790FX mobo, I like the sound of it.

Edit: Too bad AMD has changed the naming scheme of their GPUs, I would really like to see a GPU with the name XFX X 4800 XTX X2 XXX Edition :p

hmmmm I was going to Crossfire here after I get my 940 deneb proc.....might have to wait to see an XFX card :)

Do they have a lifetime warrenty?...or is that evga/bfg only?

hmmmm I was going to Crossfire here after I get my 940 deneb proc.....might have to wait to see an XFX card :)

Do they have a lifetime warrenty?...or is that evga/bfg only?

Even better..double lifetime warranty and the added bonus of overclocking allowed and keeping warranty intact.

Even better..double lifetime warranty and the added bonus of overclocking allowed and keeping warranty intact.

Hmm...well I know which ATI company im buying from next time is.

I went with an Asus with my first 4870, because I like the quality of there products.

But a double lifetime warrenty?...im so there

Sweet deal! XFX is, hands down, my favorite. They really based in China though?

Sweet deal! XFX is, hands down, my favorite. They really based in China though?
Hong Kong (yeah, China. ;))

I always heard Visiontek had the good warranty and customer service for ATI cards (and was based in the US). Kind of like the BFG/EVGA of ATI card sellers.

Hong Kong (yeah, China. ;))

I always heard Visiontek had the good warranty and customer service for ATI cards (and was based in the US). Kind of like the BFG/EVGA of ATI card sellers.

not even close unfortunately. BFG has not had an equal on the ATI side. I wish they would pick up ATI products but that apparently isn't going to happen.

I don't get the deal with (free) lifetime warranty on graphics cards. Have I been lucky for everything that ever broke or fell apart for me to do so within the first 1-2 years (two years in the EU) or are people seriously going "Oh no my 6600GT that has been running constantly since release in October 2004 died, better RMA it to get a new one or I'll be pissed"?

I don't get the deal with (free) lifetime warranty on graphics cards. Have I been lucky for everything that ever broke or fell apart for me to do so within the first 1-2 years (two years in the EU) or are people seriously going "Oh no my 6600GT that has been running constantly since release in October 2004 died, better RMA it to get a new one or I'll be pissed"?

actually it does. I payed quit a bit for my 6600. if you pay several hundred dollars for a part you expect it to last. and I can still use my 6600 in a hand me down computer or even a media pc. and a double lifetime warranty is excellent for people that keep their video cards for 6 months and then sell them to upgrade. it gives the people buying from us peace of mind. And really, I payed 400 something for my video card. it damn well had better last just on principle

I may have to rethink that GTX 260... Great news and I hope to see more follow suit. Competition = WIN

Yeah, I've had just one video card fail completely in 9 years of tinkering with gaming PCs - and it was a ATI branded X800 XL. ;)

smart move by XFX as there are no other companies in the ATI manufacturers that have the reputation of the nVidia big 3 (evgaBFGXFX).

They will surely get a chunk of share from other ATI manufacturers.

Evga or BFG would be a much bigger feather in AMD's cap,always considered XFX as a poor third.

Poor?:rolleyes: Maybe third in size, but I have always liked xfx. They have great warantee's and are very easy to deal with as far as RMA's go.

Kyle, do you think there is any chance of some XFX AMD motherboards?

Very cool! I was an XFX customer for several years, but this latest update, I went ATI because I liked the 4850. I took a chance on Sappphire, and although I have not been disappointed, I would relish another choice in the ATI product lineup.

If XFX had been selling 4850 cards at launch, they would have been my first choice.

Back