its more of an HTPC upgrade then it is a gaming performance upgrade.. should allow for the ability to even lower power cpu's since the card should easily be able to handle full gpu hardware acceleration with blurays..

Ok first round is done and updated the OP

running call of pripyat benchmark now, I can't seem to run 3d Mark vantage though reports some error in the second test

Last edited:
Well, I guess we'll have to wait for [H] or Xbit to do it properly then. But thanks for the preview :)

Any idea what the real release date will be?

im going to take a rough guess the ill bet its priced right around 75-80 dollars.. would be the best price point for it.. and then the 4550 and lower around 60 dollars and lower in price.. may even see the 512mb versions in the 50 dollar range.. if so then it would be a bad ass HTPC card..

The heatsink makes this a dual slot huh? Would be cool to run these in crossfire in a shuttle if they were around 60 bucks.

yeah looks like it just barely is.. but im sure there will be other models out with different heatsinks on it..

Damn..Bugger....

I wanted a single slot card....

Or a low profile one fat one...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :(:(:(

I'm pretty sure they can make a single slot cooler for this card, it barely hits 50deg under load with the current fan stuck @ 100% and it's a fairly light heatsink, lighter then the one on the MSI 4670

The drivers also list a 5570. No details on that card though.

Look at the white lines, there looks to be a single slot version.

This card is almost like an HD 3890 lol.

Somehow I think this is going to be VERY popular with laptop manufacturers.

Congrats on your current celebrity. :D

Any possibility of popping the top and taking a shot of the die for us? A centimeter reading of the length/width of the die (not glue) would be great too. Hopefully that's not asking for way too much. :p

It'd be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ATI is no more, as a firm. It's only a brand-name since AMD bought them. So it's AMD that will get mad. :D

Yeah the OP might want to remove the # on the pic the HSF assembly, just to make it easier on his friend, although likely too late anyways as it's all over the net already. :eek:

that's a part number, which is most likely shared with all HSF units of this type :p. Yes I noticed that too on the Textured Fill rate

I took a pic of the die, but all I have is my iphone cam atm so I can't make out anything on it, it looks so small anyway that I can't even read it that well myself. the whole die is smaller then the cap for my patriot Xporter XT usb stick

LOL...I ran across this from Techspot. They are linking you. I certainly hope this is legit, or your little booty is in the ringer! ;)

that's a part number, which is most likely shared with all HSF units of this type :p. Yes I noticed that too on the Textured Fill rate

Yeah, it's probably just 31 Gtexels (40 texture units) or less. I'm amazed that GPU-z works as well as it does on an unreleased part. I'm sure they'll fix the texture numbers before release.

I'm willing to bet the memory will also be clocked slower on-release: there's no reason for this card to need anywhere near 64GB/s of bandwidth!

I reckon 800mhz GDDR5 like the 4770, that would be very nice still.

It's always fun to see unreleased hardware but unless this comes out cheap, like near $50, rather than near $100 it's hard to get really excited about. It doesn't bring enough power for an advancement over 9600GT/G92 2 year old (and thus very cheap used) cards and while it's an advancement over the 4670 that isn't saying much. The 4670 has what's needed for an HTPC card already. Sorry to be a downer but *meh* The only savior is the fact that NV's 'new' cards in this range suck ass - same as above, they are hardly an advancement over 2 yar old cards - and that it might be an overclocking beast.

Someone out there is hotlinking these pictures :p

Every free account with Photobucket is allotted 10 GB of monthlybandwidth and our records show that you have less than 3 GB ofbandwidth left to your account.

so please just re-up them to your own account =(

Just delete and reupload them, it will break the hotlinks until they figure it out. Or make some more photobucket accounts ;)

I'm interested in seeing how big of a gap there will be between 5670 1GB vs 5750 512MB. Probably going to be an interesting comparison as you scale up the resolution and details I would think. I know there isn't much diff between 1GB and 512MB 5750 (but the price diff is what makes it interesting for me). I'm interested in how the 5750 512MB compares to the 5670 1GB at higher resolutions but lower details more specifically. Fine balancing act I would think.

Anyone have any clues as to when 5750 512MB will be released? Or is it out already? I only see 1GB versions.

Last edited:
It's always fun to see unreleased hardware but unless this comes out cheap, like near $50, rather than near $100 it's hard to get really excited about. It doesn't bring enough power for an advancement over 9600GT/G92 2 year old (and thus very cheap used) cards and while it's an advancement over the 4670 that isn't saying much. The 4670 has what's needed for an HTPC card already. Sorry to be a downer but *meh* The only savior is the fact that NV's 'new' cards in this range suck ass - same as above, they are hardly an advancement over 2 yar old cards - and that it might be an overclocking beast.

I see your point but it does bring some more to the table. one is no pci e power cable I believe. and it might be ok with passive cooling / low noise. Still your right it shouldn't be that much more then the 4670 as there really isn't competition for it yet

It's funny that i had to find this thread through an outside link, since i lurk daily here...

Back