Antec Gallery Post Here!

The window panel just goes past the edge of the opening a bit, no extra work was done there.
If you mean the black bit round the outside of the panel, that's where the grey aluminium ends and the plastic begins.

my 900 setup
f_P6210215m_292ee19.jpg

f_P6210222m_bc94fb9.jpg

f_P6210229m_ff13306.jpg

f_P6210224m_1009e8e.jpg

f_P6210226m_f0c5679.jpg

THE CRT MONITOR IS GONE NOW REPLACED IT WITH ANOTHER 19 INCH LCD

"New" P190 to replace my Nine Hundred. Traded a friend my Nine Hundred and a chunk of change for it since he had to remove the large fan on the side to use it with his Tuniq Tower which screwed up his temps. (Stock fan placement is 2x140mm top 1x120mm rear exhaust and a 200mm side intake with a 120mm fan placed in the middle of the bottom chamber. Without that side fan doing intake duty it's terrible.)
monolith2.jpg

monolith1.jpg

p190in.jpg

The side fan barely fits with a Zalman 9700, but it bends the fins back a little and any pressure placed on the side will seize the 9700's fan. :(

I just picked up an Antec 900 today. I must say, the cooling is intense. I want to mod it so I can have better wiring management.

Hello all~

After upgrading my main rig (pictures are coming), I decide clean up 2nd rig. Check the SIG for specs.

Main case is Aluminium which was a lot easier to cut, but this antec metal case took me 2 days for cutting..

Followings are what I've done so far:
(1) replaced the one of 3.5" holder @ the bottom for HDD holder.
(2) replaced side panel.
(3) re-route the wires.
(4) both front and rear fans (2 of 80mm) were replaced for 120mm (Yate Roon).

Hope you enjoy the pics and C&C please~

Anyone with pics of the top of their P180/182/190 cut for more fans? Id like to see the thickness and materials that are present.

I like what you've done with yours, really quality work. With the grilles all opened and the mesh along with the upper-rear fan, you've got some nice intake going on.

I'm planning on doing something similar once I can stop spending money on hardware upgrades and buy a dremel. :p I want to cut out the front and rear grilles, possibly the top one, as well.

I didnt cut out the rear or top fan grills since the large 1/4" honeycomb pattern is the highest flowing out there.... it flows over 80%, and the looks of putting another grill on there for safety didnt match like I would want, so I left them.... the front also flows very well.... believe it or not, I bought a wire mesh desk organizer that I cut up for the mesh material. :)

I saw your post on that earlier, very innovative use for it. Not sure that's what Rubbermaid intended it for. :D

what thats weird i have same dvd burner and my 180 lets them go all the way bak

I even took them out the other day to see if there was something weird going on... the brackets are as far forward as they would go, meaning it wont go any farther back. It does bug me a lot... On a side note, I decided that I REALLY REALLY wanted a window on my Antec P182.... Since I blacked out the interior, made the custom mesh doors... it was time to do a window... I can say, I will never do another window on a P182 EVERY again! Those layers make it a bitch, but they DID allow me to make the acrylic flush with the exterior and interior... I didnt take pics of the process since it was pretty involved, but all the work was done with a dremel.... the cuts are VERY straight for being done by hand.... granted I have years of practice... it was still nerve wrecking.

When the PC is on, the LED lighting on the inside creates a nice reaction of the water cooling fluid inside the clear tubes...

window.jpg

This is my view from the "Capitan's Chair"

window_on.jpg

The cool thing is the acrylic that I used a custom bronze acrylic with a neat 1 way visibility thing going on... when the PC is powered off, the acrylic blacks out, and you cannot see inside... this is a very similar material to most tints and modular classroom windows, etc.... I think it fits the feel of the case a whole lot.

window_off.jpg

So what do you guys think? Took me about 4 hrs to do... most of that was being very steady and marking/planning/cutting of the holes on the window, panel, and splittle apart the layers. Antec used NO lack of two sided tape! Let me tell you! But, it turned out better than I had hoped.

cut some holes in my mobo tray and some others around the case to route cables looks heaps better wat u think???

f_P7240471m_8beb69b.jpg

My Antec 900 at a recent LAN.

That is a red fan on the window. Since then I have replaced all the blue fans with red ones. I wish that Zalman made a 9700 with a red LED. I also changed my OCZ GameXstream 700w to a Corsair HX620.

BTW, props to Dr. Evil for his leet photo hosting site.

CIMG3227.jpg

lol thanks its being modded right now givin it a new paint job tryin to decied wat color i was thinking of gettin it painted full chrome but leave the top plastic part black and the front plastic part black or i was also thinking maybe anodized blue wat u guys think???

Its a steel case, anodizing steel doenst look half as good as anodized aluminum.

My Antec 900 "Black Edition"
IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

Now this is my server that I run 24/7 in my room, I hate to have LED's or noise so I changed the fans.

Guys heres my P182 SE

i just got it and i still havne't got any cable managment done yet :(

Here's pics of my Antec 900 and desktop. Unfortunately, I'm having PC problems and the motherboard is RMA'd at the moment:

My cousin painted it with some plastic spray-paint.

DSCF0933.jpg

I added an additional 90mm fan directly over where the Cooler Master GeminII HSF would sit for intake.
DSCF0929.jpg

DSCF0930.jpg

I cut out the cross braces of the GeminII HS and added the optional dual 120mm 2000RPM 2 ball-bearing fan by Kingwin.
DSCF0935.jpg

I created a bracket to take the LCD off the desktop. Works great and totally secure.
DSCF0936.jpg

DSCF0937.jpg

My Antec 900 :D

It was really hard to get that many wires through that lil space.

I like you...you like me? :p

Night Time :cool:

Can you tell me in your 1st picture where the blue wires are supposed to go and what they are for?

I just received a used antec 900 and the blue wires were off the mobo. I plugged them in where it looks like they go but it didnt seem to effect anything.

Can you tell me in your 1st picture where the blue wires are supposed to go and what they are for?

I just received a used antec 900 and the blue wires were off the mobo. I plugged them in where it looks like they go but it didnt seem to effect anything.
The blue and black wire in the first picture is from the power supply fan. It is not of the Antec 900 case. But the only blue wires that I can think of that come with the 900 are he are blue and grayish/white wires. They are used for the power, reset, and HDD LED connection on your motherboard.

The blue and black wire in the first picture is from the power supply fan. It is not of the Antec 900 case. But the only blue wires that I can think of that come with the 900 are he are blue and grayish/white wires. They are used for the power, reset, and HDD LED connection on your motherboard.

Yes those are the wires I am talking about from the power supply.What are those for?

The reason I am asking because I just received an Antec900 and the wiring is a mess. Im trying to fix it up as much as I can. That wire was off among other wires. It looked like it plugged into the mobo to a connector labled "fan on" but taking it on and off does not seem to have an effect on anything.

I really like the antec case though and seems very quiet unless you crank the fans up full speed.

Yes those are the wires I am talking about from the power supply.What are those for?

The reason I am asking because I just received an Antec900 and the wiring is a mess. Im trying to fix it up as much as I can. That wire was off among other wires. It looked like it plugged into the mobo to a connector labled "fan on" but taking it on and off does not seem to have an effect on anything.

I really like the antec case though and seems very quiet unless you crank the fans up full speed.
I think it's used to monitor the psu fan speed. It's from my previous antec 480w trueblue. I should update my pics :p

As for the wiring, I woudl use a dremel to help out in the wiring. Google is your friend.

My new build in a Sonata III. I noticed that the side panel was resonating with the hard drive vibrations, so I stuffed some packing foam inbetween the frame & the door, works a treat.

imgp0429_s.jpg

Back