ASUS P5Q-EM

Thanks, will try and see if it's any better.

What did you replace it with MO?

I was blessed with the task of building 6 replacement PC's for my coworkers and I threw a P5Q in to see what it could do. If the P5Q performed, I was going to put my old P5E-VM in one of the replacements and keep the P5Q for myself. Since it sucked so bad, I kept my trusty P5E-VM and gave my coworker the P5Q.

Next chance I get I will get the DFI board unless an iCore7 mATX board comes out bt then.

Anxiously awaiting your results.

I was blessed with the task of building 6 replacement PC's for my coworkers and I threw a P5Q in to see what it could do. If the P5Q performed, I was going to put my old P5E-VM in one of the replacements and keep the P5Q for myself. Since it sucked so bad, I kept my trusty P5E-VM and gave my coworker the P5Q.

Next chance I get I will get the DFI board unless an iCore7 mATX board comes out bt then.

Anxiously awaiting your results.

I think you should sell both and get the DFI 790GX and a Phenom 2 when they come out, Romeo. I went to the AMD event in Chicago today and it was pretty impressive.

To top it off I won a Phenom 2 :D

Man I'm jealous. Actually Blue, I got a Phenom1 from Fry's to fool around with and I'm not ruling out Phenom2 in place of iCore7. Congrats on your booty score :D

:( No Better! FSB limit still at 389 (3.51Ghz) on my Q6600.

I can set to 395+ and it will boot windows and bench but will not post at that fsb from a cold startup. I have to enter bios, change to higher settings.

I swapped out my E8500 to put in my G33M-DS2R since I couldn't get it above 420fsb on the P5Q. It's running at 443 easily on the G33M.

My p5q-em is downstairs, ill be using my existing Q6600 B3, ill let you all know how it works out

Tried bios 1605 using Q9550, G.Skill 8500.

OC result is even worse. It cannot post 425 FSB which I can do with 0402. I am stucked at 410 FSB. I did not try between 410 and 425 since it is pissing me off already. It takes >3 on/off cycles and totally powering off the power supply before I can even boot to the bios!

cheers TQ

i will try this later on. unfortunately the windows bios flash app won't let you flash an older bios so i'll have to use a different utility.

hopefully i don't have to dig up my old floppy.

No need to use floppy. Just go to the bios and use the flash utility available from there. It will read the file in your hard dirve.

i tried that also but still won't let me flash older bios.

am i missing something?

1. Get a USB flash drive.
2. Format it to make sure it is empty.
3. Place BIOS file on the flash drive.
4. Plug flash drive into one of the USB ports on the back of the motherboard.
5. Initiate BIOS flashing program from within the BIOS.

I bought this board after reading great reviews in webs and is totally a mess... It sucks!

- After 3 o 4 reboots after VISTA install it HANGS UP when loading desktop (after fully install of ATI CCC). I'm using it with a 4850 PASSIVE. After a clear CMOS jumper it boots again... really strange, I reinstalla VISTA several times and always doing same problem. So not a one time problem...

- It makes nois, the board make noise that changes if you maximize/minimize/... some windows... kind a crap...

- It also doesn't let you to properly set a up a FSB to 333, i'm using a Q6600 and if you put it to 333 it really put it to 334 or if you put it to 332 it put it to 332.1 so really imposible to work with an accurate setup. Any way it is really stable at 334.

so...

don't know which board get now??? this is a common problem in al G45 boards or just in this ASUS? which mi experience are totally crap, I was a big fan on the past but now a days totally sux... I bought a workistation board with 975X (don't remember the exact name) and had to return it and get Intel BAD AXE 2...

1. Get a USB flash drive.
2. Format it to make sure it is empty. (Use FAT32 not NTFS)
3. Place BIOS file on the flash drive.
4. Plug flash drive into one of the USB ports on the back of the motherboard.
5. Initiate BIOS flashing program from within the BIOS.

Added a comment. I usually format my thumbdrives with NTFS and some BIOS' won't recognize it, so format FAT32 to be safe.

still says bios is older version than current and won't let me flash. will have to use afudos.exe

Back