FS: DDR1, Processors & Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
All right, I'm making the move to DDR2, and am getting rid of all my old DDR1 based stuff to fund my memory addiction :p

Opteron 146 (s939) - $185 w/o IHS
This is considered an exceptionally rare CPU, CABNE 0530APMW is a good batch, and this cpu is the VERY FIRST one of that batch, with a batch number of 0001

I unlidded this chip a few weeks after I got it. It runs pretty hot, and LOVES cold temps. Normal water cooling gets me to 3.0-3.05ghz stable at 1.5-1.56v depending on ambient temps. with some ice water tricks, 3.25ghz benchable is no problem
3.25ghz run @ 9c cpu temps
there is one very small chip in the die, on the bottom right corner in the pic. It does not effect the CPU, but should be noted. the 4 aXP pads are there to help prevent any further damage, and will come with the CPU.
Athlon64 3200+ Clawhammer (s754) - $85 w/o IHS
my very first A64! I consider this thing to be a tank. Don't let the picture put you off, there's a long story behind it: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=851884
luckily the huge die size of the clawhammer makes it hard to chip the corners, one should still exercise caution when mounting heatsinks and moving case around if you don't get an IHS to go with it.
Overclocking isn't terrible for a clawhammer, but not great either. It is able to do stock speed (2.0ghz) with 1.3v, and reaches 2.3ghz stable with 1.55v with a zalman cnps-7000cu
benchable up to around 2.5-2.65ghz depending on voltage and ambient temps
Two Athlon64 IHSs - $5 each w/ CPU, $10 w/o CPU
taken off the above two CPUs. The one lapped to a shiny copper finish is from the 3200+.
I would highly advise picking one of these up with a cpu if you're hesitant about using an unlidded CPU
note: I would REALLY like to see these go with the CPUs that are for sale, so until someone buys a CPU without a heatspreader, these are not stand-alone items.

I would be quite amused if someone bought the opteron labeled IHS to go with the 3200+ ;)
Picture for above 4 items

MSI K8N Neo Platinum (s754) - $65
Pretty good board, aside from it's comparative lack of tweaking options after using a DFI for so long. On the plus side, at the same settings, the K8N Neo overclocks better than my old DFI NF3-250GB.
With the 3200+ clawhammer, the max HTT that is possible is ~310-315mhz, and it appears to be a CPU limitation. With a different cpu, much higher may be possible
Hhipset heatsink has been removed, sanded flat on the bottom and reapplied with ceramique in an effort to keep the chipset temps down.
Will come with the stock mounting bracket, both manuals, Driver CD, and the backplate that goes in the case.

Motherboard Picture

Kingston HyperX PC3200 2x256mb kit - Sold
The old school legendary BH-5. Not much more needs to be said.
This kit was able to do around 282mhz benchable at 3.7v for me. Stability at the same settings seemed to top out just over 270mhz.
screen of 1m at 282mhz (sorry for not having more things open to show the ram settings better, I was actually focusing on the CPU at the time)
TeamGroup Xtreem Cronus 2x1gb Micron kit - $260
AFAIK, this kit is the VERY fastest of all the cronus micron kits in existance. I really really don't want to get rid of it, but the incompatibility with the sole ddr1 mobo i have left, the asus a7n8x, leaves me with little choice.
I'll let these two shots speak for themselves:
295mhz prime stable
Scaling chart (max 32m stable)
Picture of Memory sticks

*Disclaimer on Overclocking*
These are the speeds I was able to obtain with my own hardware. YMMV, depending on the amount of effort put into tweaking, cooling methods, and component quality (especially motherboard quality for the ram overclocks)

Trading
If you have anything that you feel would be a good trade for any of these items, feel free to make an offer :D

I'll only take NON-CC paypal or an MO
Shipping with insured USPS within the Contential U.S.

heat: ozzimark
email: ozzimark [at] comcast [dot] net
aim (for quick contact): ozzimark

7 hour bump! :p

there's a chance that a 3400+ sempron (AM2) that does 2.95ghz on water might find it's way up there in a week or so. we'll see.

Bump for an awesome guy selling awesome stuff.

How's the rest of your rig looking nowadays? Video, motherboard, etc? It might affect trade offerings.

Bump for a great guy. Keep up those reviews, man- you've been lax lately! :p
I wish I had the cash for the BH-5 pair, I had a single stick of BH-6 that did 28xMHz solid on 3.9V (BIOS setting- 4V actual), but (a) I only had one, and (b) I traded it away. :( I miss that stick...
Hell, I wish I had the cash for anything in this thread! :rolleyes:

mavalpha said:
How's the rest of your rig looking nowadays? Video, motherboard, etc? It might affect trade offerings.

Bump for a great guy. Keep up those reviews, man- you've been lax lately! :p
I wish I had the cash for the BH-5 pair, I had a single stick of BH-6 that did 28xMHz solid on 3.9V (BIOS setting- 4V actual), but (a) I only had one, and (b) I traded it away. :( I miss that stick...
Hell, I wish I had the cash for anything in this thread!
hehe, i actually have a whole bunch of stuff lined up, it's just a matter of when i get around to finishing it all :p

atm i'm typing on a rig with:
3400+ sempron @ 2.95ghz
MSI K9N Platinum
2x1gb pc6400 Ballistix @ 421mhz - 4-4-3
7600GT @ stock
and some other useless hd's and stuff

all those need to have a review written up on

and i plan on buying (those who want to trade, take note here!)
asus P5WD2
intel 631
another psu would be nice (;))
sata hard drive

btw, thanks for the bumps guys

I sent you a PM re: motherboard.

I also have a couple of PSU's, but somehow I don't think you'd be interested in those. :)
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W (W0014)
Cooler Master RealPower 450W ActivePFC with wattage consumption meter
$50 shipped Priority apiece

2x256mb bh-5 sold :D (along with a small surprise for mav <3)

bump for the rest of the stuff. please! make me offers! ;)

and morning bump

ps- if anyone wants an old P3-733mhz and/or a 128mb stick of rd-ram. pm me. it's taking up space in my basement :p

bump for another price drop. i'll probably add a dfi lanparty nf4 ultra-d and 2x512mb crucial ballistix pc3200 tomorrow sometime.

okey doke, i'm going on vacation for the next week, so i won't be able to reply to any PMs for a while, but if you're interested, please drop me a line, i'll get to you when i get back :D

Free bump for you, awesome heatspreader which is now in my posession :)

much love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back