How many people are planning on upgrading (to R700 or G200)?

What will you be upgrading to this summer?

• ATi R700 based board (4850, 4870, etc)

Votes: 64 18.2%
  • nVidia G200 based board (260, 280, etc)

Votes: 114 32.5%
  • Undecided, but I'll be upgrading

Votes: 107 30.5%
  • I'll be sticking to my guns and hoping for a brighter future (and I'm not upgrading my GPU, either).

Votes: 66 18.8%

• Total voters
crap, now ive lost all my will to buy a new GPU at this point in time. Crytek has just said that they will stop support for crysis. There goes my hopes for patch 1.3

dammit! no game out there requires this much graphical power (well there are but i dont play them)

Screw Crysis itself- check-out the mods.

I'm still holding out to see what the 4870 brings to the table, but if the 4850 uses markedly less power than a 9800GTX and is about as powerful I certainly won't complain about that...

Is there any new news on what pricing will be, since release is getting closer with every passing day.

Would 1 260/280 be faster than 2 8800GTS 640MB in SLI? How much are the 260/280's going to start out as?

Would 1 260/280 be faster than 2 8800GTS 640MB in SLI? How much are the 260/280's going to start out as?

Yes, much faster, especially the GTX 280.

GTX 260 is rumored to cost $$49
GTX 280 is rumored to cost $649

I'll probably snag a GTX 280 along with an upgrade to an Intel platform. My Ultra isn't exactly incapable of playing any of the games out now, but I wouldn't mind the major framerate boost the upgrade'll bring me. It should be a pretty damn healthy boost too.

Maybe I'll even be able to run Morrowind worth a shit (doubtful).

In late July or early August I plan on building a new PC with a (hopefully) GTX260. We will see about prices, I basically want to pick up the fastest single solution card for ~$350.

I don't have the money to upgrade but I have no reason to upgrade now anyway. My 9600GT runs everything well. Crysis is border-line unplayable at 1680x1050 at High settings, but I found a mod that made it look Very High while keeping performance at High levels. Though I don't play Crysis anymore, and don't really plan to, so... no reason for me to upgrade. I'll wait for the games...

I'm still leaning towards ATi. I know that nVidia may have some better overall cards, but they seem like they're going to be well above my $400 limit at release. If ATi's HD 4870 is the same deal, I may have to wait until the end of the summer to see if I have any extra cash I can add in.

not for a while... just SLI'd two 8800gts g92's. it runs everything i throw at it beautifully and overclocks like a champ. i probably go with a intel setup next time and throw in a couple of ati cards. all depends on the official reviews though.

i'm no longer a fan of nvidia boards. things too picky. definitely intel setup next time so i hope these ati cards kicks some serious nvidia ass.

I will definately be upgrading this summer, as my current card isn't fast enough to provide satisfactory performance in crysis together with the stalker clear sky e3 demo, which lags like hell with the sun rays enabled, as well as to offer future proofing of running the forthcoming AAA titles, like crysis warhead, far cry 2 and clear sky retail version, with good framerates.

Back