Need High End Cool Looking Aluminum Case

neubspeed

Gawd
I've gone cheap on cases long enough. My latest Coolermaster just cut my hand open for the last time. My 9800GX2 is coming in on Tuesday so I need the new case to accommodate large things like that. I want to hold onto this for a few years so it should have enough room for SLI and 4 hard drives.

But, for me to justify the price, it needs to look extremely slick. Here's what I'm looking at so far, I'm looking for ideas and feedback:

Lian-Li V1000B PlusII - Black
Zalman GT1000 - Black
Coolermaster Cosmos S (the looks are a MEH for me)
Lian-Li PC-B25B - Black

THANKS!!

I have the a Zalman Fatal1ty case, similar to the gt1000. I have to say they're extremely sturdy, good lookin, and easy to work with. But beware, the case will weigh a TON after you have everything installed, so its a good idea to let it sit on the floor rather than on a shelf. And watch out for the corners, they'll make you bleed :)

Also look at what Silverstone has to offer. Their Aluminum towers are gorgeous!

Does the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme need to be lapped?
Also, I don't have one, so I looked it up, there is no fan? Yet it performs very well according to reviews

Got the tj07-bw myself with full water treament but like i said, $50 is hard to beat for full lian-li tower. Each his own i guess.

You're right, it's hard for me to deny that it's a good deal for a Lian-Li case. However, after seeing it, I wouldn't buy it regardless of price. It just looks like a huge chunk of metal to me :\

Does the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme need to be lapped?
Also, I don't have one, so I looked it up, there is no fan? Yet it performs very well according to reviews
You add your own fan. Yes, that means you're tacking at least $3 to the price, but usually somewhere in the range of another $15 or so.

Also: V1200 > V1000, last time I checkd.

Also, don't the U120/TRUE/U90 ... don't fit in the V1200?

You're right, it's hard for me to deny that it's a good deal for a Lian-Li case. However, after seeing it, I wouldn't buy it regardless of price. It just looks like a huge chunk of metal to me :\

Guess what all cases are? Yep, huge chunks of metal.

You add your own fan. Yes, that means you're tacking at least $3 to the price, but usually somewhere in the range of another $15 or so.

Also: V1200 > V1000, last time I checkd.

Also, don't the U120/TRUE/U90 ... don't fit in the V1200?

It fits in the V-series cases IF you have an Intel chipset. The socket location on nVidia reference boards (650i/680i/780i) is too close to the edge of the motherboard and causes clearance issues with the Ultra 120 eXtreme. Intel chipset motherboards do not have this clearance issue.

wiring3wi7.jpg

THAT LIAN LI CASE IS SO UGLY i wouldn't touch it for 50 bucks. Some people like sexy looking cases id get the TJ09 ITS very well cooled and looks amazing.

I also vote for the TJ07. I only have a cheap Rosewill case but if I could afford a nice Al case, the TJ07 would be it. Love how the Murderbox looks. :)

Back