New 24" ViewSonic 120 Hz V3D241wm-LED

The ViewSonic has the exact same sized screen as the Alienware/Dell. Check the CES specs, even though its named 24", the exact screen size is 23.6".

The alienware is also 23.6? I had a hard time finding the exact specs...that is good to know.

I just measured my AW2310 and it is 23" diagonal unless I'm measuring it wrong :rolleyes:

Are you really worried about .6 inches any how :confused:

Huh? Is the AW2310 not the same panel as the Acer and Viewsonic 120 Hz monitors?

Huh? Is the AW2310 not the same panel as the Acer and Viewsonic 120 Hz monitors?

Not sure as I did not research the panels in that deep of detail as to whom made the panels for them. With the Viewsonic not being released yet I doubt anyone can confirm which panel they are using as I have not seen any hard specs for it yet either, believe it has all been speculation. As far as the Acer vs. Alienware all I can say is my Alienware seems to be right at 23" viewable or just a nudge past it.. I have no Acer to measure to see if there 23.6 is actually 23.6" viewable or not. I have read that it is, so maybe they are using different panels.

So what exactly is with all the hype for this monitor? Is the LED backlight really supposed to make it that much better? I'm considering buying a 120hz monitor, and noticed everyone was waiting for this one, but aesthetically the alienware has it beat by a long shot, and I was thinking that people have been saying that LED backlights are nothing special.. am i wrong?

The flicker from CCFL and 60hz refresh have never gotten along with my eyes and head, this is like the best of both worlds. I have the same issue with the energy efficient light bulbs.

So what exactly is with all the hype for this monitor? Is the LED backlight really supposed to make it that much better? I'm considering buying a 120hz monitor, and noticed everyone was waiting for this one, but aesthetically the alienware has it beat by a long shot, and I was thinking that people have been saying that LED backlights are nothing special.. am i wrong?

Aesthetically the Alienware is more appealing IMO, it uses a matte/flat-black bezel vs what appears might be a glossy black bezel, it also has vertical height adjustment and swivel. I really like the height adjustment, that was a big bonus. It is capable of using Vesa mounting, some might find that useful also. I would say the "hype" about the Viewsonic is it will be the first (IIRC) 120hz panel using LED back-lighting. I was interested in the Viewsonic for that reason, but came across the Alienware 25% off deal and I felt I couldn't pass it up in hopes that Viewsonic will release on time. LED is stated to be more power efficient for one, and like RangerXML stated for some people it feels better on their eyes. The only downside I have read about LED panels is that they use edge-lighting technology and can create more back-light bleed, they may also cost a bit more as it is a newer style.

I'm waiting for the asus 27" coming out next month. It has LED backlighting also. You guys should really get a 27".

I hate the back-lighting issue, does the AW have this issue ? Is there a reseller that does a dead pixel check for extra $ ?

@ eddie500

yea because a 27 inch 120hz will surely be the same price *sarcasm* ..... any bigger and you'll be rolling into the price range of the high quality dells, and it'd be hard to take a 120hz tn over a very high quality ips

LED monitors give off less heat than their CCFL counterpart. Just put your hand in front of them and compare how much cooler the LED monitors are. For those looking to run eyefinity or 3dvision surround or just nvidia surround, having 3 of these right in front of you will be more comfortable than CCFL, especially during the summer, especially if you have your pc case nearby with a pair of fermis inside + power supply pumping out hot air.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "^AH" is just the initials of whichever Viewsonic employee is actually making the post, since it shows up a bunch in a bunch of tweets.

@ eddie500

yea because a 27 inch 120hz will surely be the same price *sarcasm* ..... any bigger and you'll be rolling into the price range of the high quality dells, and it'd be hard to take a 120hz tn over a very high quality ips

Unless you're, you know, one of those gamers.

Zalman should just keep making CPU cooler :rolleyes:

shure it is a good monitor... but I have grown to hate 1920x1080. If it was 1920x1200 then I would like it more

Looks like we might finally get the info we wanted at InfoComm 2010 next week. Computex 2010 just showed off some of there new LED monitor line, some projectors and computers, no idea why they didn't have this monitor there.

Looks like we might finally get the info we wanted at InfoComm 2010 next week. Computex 2010 just showed off some of there new LED monitor line, some projectors and computers, no idea why they didn't have this monitor there.

Here is one hoping. If this monitor does not come out before July than I might opt out for Asus vg236h. New tax law are coming to Canada effective July 1 2010 and it will only make the monitor more expensive.

Yea forget about the Zalman, it's not using 120Hz (check specs, it's 75Hz max), just like it's predecessors, it had 3D displays long time before the first 120Hz LCD monitors arrived.

Disappointed that ViewSonic didn't have any V3D241wm for display at computex. :(

Most likely Asus will be the first out with a 120Hz 24" plus monitor :confused: so I guess I'll just wait for Asus.:(

Last edited:
Still no news from infocomm 2010 about this monitor. This is crazy. I guess it is either the Asus model or LG.

InfoComm starts today (it was EduComm until now), so the monitor announcements are between now and Friday.

Damn, twitter isn't working!

Viewsonic InfoComm Booth#: N2375
Anyone know someone @ the event or in Vegas? :eek:

If Viewsonic doesn't have the V3D241wm for show maybe we could at least get some more info on specs/pricing/release?

The have a picture of a full 1080p 3D monitor ad up on the Viewsonic, but with no id and no description! Could this be the mythic 23.6" 1080p 3D LED? (Really long shoot, but I'm getting desperate:p)

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktop-monitors/
EDIT: Also look at the monitor on the lower right to the Extreme Entertainment monitor link.

13958.png

viewsonicv3d241wm-1l.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if viewsonics 120Hz monitor will have that low 1ms response time. You really want that 1ms response time for 120hz.

Back