New 24" ViewSonic 120 Hz V3D241wm-LED

Most stores here have changed it to not in stock with different ETA:s now. However a guy from sweclockers claims to have ordered it from a finnish based company that supposedly has it in stock. They seem pretty unreliable judging from user comments though. I'll post here if he actually gets it and has some comments on it.

I was just reading the user guide and saw it had adjustable Overdrive / RTC intensity in 3 different settings so that's a positive thing, only Asus 120Hz AFAIK have this possibility to adjust it in several different levels.

Response Time adjusts the response time of liquid-crystal display for image
quality enhancement.
Standard sets response time to normal speed.
Advanced sets response time to higher speed.
Ultra Fast sets response time to highest speed.

Also a guy on a swedish overclocking forum has received his sample as this monitor's been up for sale starting previous week in Finland and Sweden. Price is roughly the same as LG monitor so ~$400 for you americans prolly.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ed-23-6-1920x1080-120hz-monitor/#post10634788

EDIT: So far he's having some trouble getting 3D work with glasses in 120Hz mode. Remember this monitor isn't being pushed by Nvidia but AMD and the first one with AMD's HD3D support and includes 3rd part 3D solution implementation from iZ3D. According to the manual 120Hz and 100Hz is reserved for 3D mode (looks like a check is made so that it automaticly puts it into 3D mode settings in case those refresh rates are used) and it provides 101 and 121Hz (and the other usual 110, 85Hz etc) modes for normal 2D use.

Last edited:
So much for that review, the guy seems to be having some difficulties, possible DOA...

Does anyone know if this will also be released in NA, I looked it up on their website and it's showing on the European site, but not the American.

This is really disappointing if you ask me, on my Alienware I'm able get 120Hz in 2D.

i know "the human eye can't even see judder" right?
edit: and 121 / 24 = 5.000 ;)

And what does that have to do with monitor refresh rate? We're not talking TV interpolation here. I can use 60, 75, 85 or 100, 110 or 120Hz when watching movies on my computer and the things doesn't judder.

Last edited:
OK here's some backlight bleed pics from the guy on the swedish forum with the problem with the glasses http://translate.google.com/transla...6-1920x1080-120hz-monitor/index2.html&act=url

He should post more pics of lower brightness settings soon but as it looks like, it got similar amount of backlight bleed like ViewSonic's previous 22" 120Hz LCD, I got very similar amount myself on my VX2268wm at 100% brightness (I need to daily use 23% or so to not become bothered by it).

Wow this thing is junk, I'll pass and get the BENQ. Now I understand why its not released in the US.

Back