P67/Z68 ITX: what the manufacturers say

What do you think of the design?
What would you change or add/remove?
The design of the Giada H67 ITX is the best I saw so far:

• CPU socket on the top of the MoBo (far from the PCIe X16)
  • 240 DIMM memory slots
  • 2 mini PCIe slots (someone will be REALLY happy about that, right Machupo?
I've become hooked on the mini-pcie slots...
What makes my optimistic about this ITX, is that Giadatech received good reviews for its products (mostly mini nettops and atom ITX MoBos), even if I couldn't find any review about the ITX H55...
Instead, what concerns me is that there are many discrepancies between the specs listed in their site and the pictures.
Another issue will be, I suppose, the release date of the Giada H67 ITX... it should be later, compared to other manufacturers. I say that based on how late they released the H55: months after Intel, Gigabyte, and Zotac.
At this moment, I decided to invest on a H67 instead of a possible future Z68, only because I couldn't stand the wait.
Now I'm really impatient to see the ECS H67, so impatient that if the Zotac comes out earlier, I could buy it instead.
Of course, I'll switch to a Z68 ASAP anyways, and pass the H67 to my wife...:D
Imagine if I can wait for a H67 Giada later on!:p
Anyways, I would expect that, if Giada will produce a ITX H67 like stated on the specs, it will be a GREAT SB board!

What would you change or add/remove?
Sorry, I forgot that part. I'll change:

1. Only 1x3 pin fan plug is unacceptable: I would prefere 2x4 pin, 2x3 pin. But so far the max has been only 1X4 pin and 1X3 pin from all manufacturers...
  2. At least one USB3.0 header
  3. I'd like to have 2xHDMI ports on the back I/O (like Zotac)
  4. eSATA on the back I/O
  5. and, of course, that it would be P67!:D

Today I got another answer from MSI, it could interest someone:
We have no plans for a P67 based mini-ITX. Our mini-ITX will be H61.

Hope this helps.
I would expect a quite affordable MSI ITX SB, nice for low power HDTV systems.

The only thing that is stopping me from getting the Giada board over the Zotac board (at least for H55) is the 20pin ATX connector... all my pico's that can handle 1156 chips are 24 pin (and the battery prevents overhanging)

I know you were thinking there might be a 2nd pcie on the back of the H67, this gets even more likely when you look at where the mini pcie is on the 1156 board ;)

Now we just need to see more 2390T's in stock... the only place I've seen it at is super shady.

yeah that was the site I was talking about -- they've got an average of 2/10 on RR and it seems from the comments if you want something in demand they don't have they just cancel your order (instead of saying it is out of stock).

maybe in a couple weeks I'll have some cash laying around I can speculate with :p

Okay guys,
It has been extremely helpful posting with all of you!:D
It's time to do some serious work...
I finally broke the ice and went to purchase the hardware for my new
SANDY BRIDGE MINI ITX SILENT GAMING SYSTEM:cool:
I'm going to open a new thread about the building.
My components:
Case: LianLi PC-Q08 (black)
MoBo
: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
: Intel i7 2600K
GPU
: XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Memory
: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC12800)
CPU cooler
: Thermalright AXP-140 RT
GPU cooler
: Scythe Setsugen 2
PSU
: Cooler Master Silent Pro M700
Additional fans
: 2x Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Maru2 140 1,700 RPM
Fan controller
: Crystalfontz DB635-AKTMF-KU3

I'll post it soon!!!;)

Okay guys,
It has been extremely helpful posting with all of you!:D
It's time to do some serious work...
I finally broke the ice and went to purchase the hardware for my new
SANDY BRIDGE MINI ITX SILENT GAMING SYSTEM:cool:
I'm going to open a new thread about the building.
My components:
Case: LianLi PC-Q08 (black)
MoBo
: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
: Intel i7 2600K
GPU
: XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Memory
: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC12800)
CPU cooler
: Thermalright AXP-140 RT
GPU cooler
: Scythe Setsugen 2
PSU
: Cooler Master Silent Pro M700
Additional fans
: 2x Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Maru2 140 1,700 RPM
Fan controller
: Crystalfontz DB635-AKTMF-KU3

I'll post it soon!!!;)

hmm i think silent is a bit misleading , giggles

Jen

Why the k processor with a H67 board?
The "k" CPU is because this system will exist awaiting for a Z68 to come out...:rolleyes:
The H67 board is a conciliation between my desire to build a powerful ITX system and the inability to wait longer:mad:
I was sick and tired to check every ten minutes on line for an ETA for overclockable ITX MoBos!
I'm sure you understand what does it mean...:(

Why the k processor with a H67 board?

there aren't any P67 or Z68 m-ITX boards out. so H67 on a K processor is the only option. Most of us are eagerly waiting for those boards to hit the market and dump the H67

Last edited:
hmm i think silent is a bit misleading , giggles

Jen
Quietness and gaming power are a very difficult balance, most of all with this form factor.
The Crystalfontz will be set to low RPM for daily computing and high RPM for gaming sessions (like what I did for my former full ATX gaming pal - see my sig).
But you are right: it will be a real challenge; think about the HD6950 VRM, for example...:eek:

I'm working on a similar build with a Silverstone SG07 case.
You'll probably need to pick different memory; the AXP-140 only has 40.2mm clearance and the Vengeance memory is about 50mm tall.

Hey guys,
Finally I posted the thread of my H67 ITX build HERE.
Thank you all for your fantastic support to find the right components.
ENJOY!:D

You'll probably need to pick different memory; the AXP-140 only has 40.2mm clearance and the Vengeance memory is about 50mm tall.

Yeah I got AXP-140, 2600K, SG07, and Vengeance, and the Vengeance will not fit with AXP-140(RT). Have to use my old OCZ

You are perfectly right!
I knew that before purchasing the ram.
I made some changes... I need others...
Yeah I got AXP-140, 2600K, SG07, and Vengeance, and the Vengeance will not fit with AXP-140(RT). Have to use my old OCZ
After getting rid of the heatsinks, I'm going to place solid copper ram coolers from Enzotech:p
I'll receive these tomorrow and post the result in my build thread.;)

You are perfectly right!
I knew that before purchasing the ram.
I made some changes... I need others...

After getting rid of the heatsinks, I'm going to place solid copper ram coolers from Enzotech:p
I'll receive these tomorrow and post the result in my build thread.;)

Yes, saw ur thread, GJ :)

After the recent adding of two Intel 1155 ITX MoBos (one H61 and one H67), it seems that the ECS H67H2-I will be released on June 1st!:)
We are talking about a "Full Monty" H67 platform, with SATA III, USB3.0, full height Mini-PCIe, i7-ready (instead of the Intel H67 that supports up to i5), and hopefully around $100.:eek:
This review from Guru3D is really promising.
Enjoy!

Very good price indeed. That mSATA card connector will allow us to use a wireless card?

if it can support both, there must be some setting in BIOS or jumper to swap the tx/rx pin assignment.

I'll be interested to try one of these out... wish this would've been out a couple months ago, now I'm hanging on for Z68 for the big system

That ECS mobo is interesting. Like it said in their conclusion. Slap a Non K 2500 cpu on it and 8GB RAM and you'd have a powerful little gaming rig if you can find a small case with a psu that can run it all.

oh damn -- it's on now. hope they keep the full-size mPCIe slot (not the half/vertical one from their fusion board)

I hope for:
External USB 3.0
Internal USB 3.0
SATA III
:D

So many boards have one but not all three of them. Drives me nuts.

And about that mPCIe slot...What can you do with it? Can you install a dedicated PCI Express x1 sound card in it? With a cable extension, as i don't see it fitting in the default position in any of the existing minitx cases.

Last edited:
you can install anything that is normal 1x pcie with an adapter card (google bplus) and a ribbon cable. As for mPCIe cards, different companies make SSDs (supertalent), raid cards and USB 3.0 cards (marvell), QAM tv tuners, wifi/bluetooth cards, etc...

In the silence of the forums and specialized sitew, the
GIADA MIH67 is arrived and is available at the Egg for $99.99 + $6.99 shipping
giadah67itx.jpg

Specs:
Model MI-H67-01
Supported CPU Intel Core i7 / i5 / i3 (LGA1155)
Chipset Intel H67
Memory Slots 2×240pin
Maximum Memory Supported 8GB
Channel Supported Dual Channel
Expansion Slots
PCI Express 2.0 x16
2 x Mini PCIe
Storage
SATA 3Gb/s 2
SATA 6Gb/s 2
Onboard Video Chipset None
Onboard Audio 8 Channels
Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
Rear Panel Ports
PS/2 1
1 x DVI HDMI
1 x HDMI
4 x USB 2.0
2 x USB 3.0
S/PDIF Out 1 x Optical Audio Ports 5 Ports
Form Factor Mini ITX Dimensions 6.75" x 6.75"
Power Pin 20 Pin

What's good:
  • CPU in the PERFECT position (far from the PCI express 2.0 x16):D:D:D
  • 240 pin RAM
  • SATA III
  • USB 3.0
  • i7 supported:D
  • Power connection in the right position (close to the RAM slots):D:D Also the 4 pin is good, at the left corner of the top of the MoBo. Thus, it is possible plug and unplug them easily even with a monster such the AXP-140 mounted.
  • PRICE!;)
What's unique:
  • 2 mini PCIe --> GOOD:) (the ECS will have 2 as well)
  • 20 Pin Power --> BAD:mad:
I suppose this Giada will grab some attention! I'm specifically thinking to Machupo, is that right?:p;):cool::)

Is Giada a good brand? I've never heard of them before a couple of weeks ago, but there's alot I like about their mitx motherboards.

nope, I won't be buying a giada any time soon... they pissed me off by only having a half-height minipcie on the back of the board on their h55 mobo. and even then having chips invade the space set aside for this item

that being said, they're cheap, no ports you don't need, and newegg took the board back w/o restocking fee :)

I'm waiting for the zotac z68 :)

in the future, you can't just say "2 minipcie"... a minipcie is not a minipcie is not a minipcie. you need to specify mechanical characteristics (i.e. full height vs half height -- in the modern term, not the Eee behemoths) and the electrical characteristics (wired for mSATA vs. wired for mPCIe) :)

nope, I won't be buying a giada any time soon... they pissed me off by only having a half-height minipcie on the back of the board on their h55 mobo. and even then having chips invade the space set aside for this item

that being said, they're cheap, no ports you don't need, and newegg took the board back w/o restocking fee :)

I'm waiting for the zotac z68 :)

in the future, you can't just say "2 minipcie"... a minipcie is not a minipcie is not a minipcie. you need to specify mechanical characteristics (i.e. full height vs half height -- in the modern term, not the Eee behemoths) and the electrical characteristics (wired for mSATA vs. wired for mPCIe) :)
Sorry to hear that you had to RMA the Giada H55:(
But thank you for sharing your experience, I was tempted to have a Z68 from Giada, if ever released. After your update, I'll look somewhere else!;)
Anyways, it seems to me that this Giada H67 has a full height mPCIe on the front of the board, but I don't find the second one from the pics...:confused:

Someone asked Gigabyte about mITX Z68 board. Their answer looks promising..

"we thought it best to ask Gigabyte if they still had plans for a P67-based mini-ITX motherboard. Their response was brief,

“No, we no longer have plans. Instead, we will release a Z68 based model.”

:eek:

http://www.itxgamer.com/news/gigabyte-drops-p67-favors-z68/
That's a good news!:D
Let's hope it won't take forever to have it on the Egg...

In the silence of the forums and specialized sitew, the
GIADA MIH67 is arrived and is available at the Egg for $99.99 + $6.99 shipping
giadah67itx.jpg

Specs:

• 2 mini PCIe --> GOOD:) (the ECS will have 2 as well)
  • 20 Pin Power --> BAD:mad:
I suppose this Giada will grab some attention! I'm specifically thinking to Machupo, is that right?:p;):cool::)

are those the right pics? newegg link looks a little different. and also, where's the second mini-pcie? i dont see it in the front or the back. i'm also assumthing this mini-pcie slot is NOT compatible with mSATA

Back