P67/Z68 ITX: what the manufacturers say

Integrated Intel NIC is pretty rare. The only place that you'll find them consistently are Intel branded motherboards.

Wonder if there will be anny real difference from the GA-H67N-USB3-B3.......
I cannot help with that... we need to see the released Z68 to test REAL overclocking abilities.
Very curious to test it personally, though.

both is supposed to support an upgrade to 22nm ivy bridge.
Even here, too many hypotheses, too few FACTS:
will H67 support ivy?
Or only P67/Z68? Will be necessary BIOS upgrade?
there will be any?
will it worth it?
My idea is: ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE TODAY, you'll find "potential" "going to be released" better solutions constantly, just put there to let us desire something else and spoil your newly purchased little beast...

No use waitng :D Got an ok rig with, m-atx today. but want to go m-itx again. there's new chipsetts comming late Q1 2012 z78 for ivy bridge so i find it a little strange that they want to release Z68 3 months before that. think ill just get an GA-H67N-USB3-B3, it got a nice pricetag. neet mess arround with something

... there's new chipsetts comming late Q1 2012 z78 for ivy bridge so i find it a little strange that they want to release Z68 3 months before that.
I see your point.
Gigabyte is taking so long to release their Z68 ITX...
I think those companies (Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI, ECS, and Biostar) consider the high-end ITX field not interesting...
Instead, Zotac and Asrock took it seriously, with different outcomes though!
I mean, the Zotac ITX boards are plenty of (bad) surprises, while the Asrocks are pretty good thus far.
Anyway, I cannot imagine an Ivy bridge ITX solution, since the Z68 has been so problematic.

...think ill just get an GA-H67N-USB3-B3, it got a nice pricetag. neet mess arround with something
That's what I did and I don't feel the necessity to upgrade to Z68 at this moment.
I tried the Zotac Z68 and it has been a failure (mosfet defective, as many).
If I had to upgrade at this point I'd get a beefier video card; maybe a GTX 580, but with some after-market heat-sink...:p

looks like there are no really good z68 boards out there. ivy bridge is out in a few more months (probably +/- 6month) so maybe there will be more/better alternatives out then

looks like there are no really good z68 boards out there. ivy bridge is out in a few more months (probably +/- 6month) so maybe there will be more/better alternatives out then
You are right, no good Z68 ITX out there. This is the sad reality!:(
About Ivy, do you think that ITX could stand this new flagship Intel CPU when it failed to handle the Z68? I'm afraid not, at this moment!

Could this be why Asus and Gigabyte never released z68 mini-ITX boards? Maybe they were waiting for these? I can only hope.

no idea yet if any of these will be mini-ITX, but I just saw this report that Intel are launching new Z68 boards over the next month: http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-launches-new-z68-motherboards-more-to-come/13655.html

DZ68PL and DZ68AF are unknown, but maybe one of these, or some another Intel board will be Z68 mini-ITX?

Could this be why Asus and Gigabyte never released z68 mini-ITX boards? Maybe they were waiting for these? I can only hope.
:|

I wonder if bulldozer will have good ITX. They have ITX AM3 for clocking current AM2 chips right?
All of them are VEEEERY interesting questions but..... we'll know the answers after they will be out (if ever).
In the meantime, I keep my head attached to my neck and so I'm going to move to a micro ATX overclockable system:)
I'm waiting for the components to arrive and I'll post a new thread (it will be soon)

For all we know the other major mobo manufacturers are waiting for IB to launch before jumping in. I would hope they come out with something good before then though.

:|

I wonder if bulldozer will have good ITX. They have ITX AM3 for clocking current AM2 chips right?

Asus has the M4A88T-i Deluxe AM3 motherboard which is imho the best mitx motherboard on the market and I believe Zotac has a 880G mitx board but I'm not too familiar with it. There's also the Minix 790G mitx motherboard but it's very buggy from what I've read.
At this point I'd be really happy if Asus upgraded the M4A88T-i Del. bios to support BD, but that's seems like a longshot at best.

It is but this was produced like 6 months before BD was scheduled to hit so I'm surprised its not AM3+ or atleast AM3+ bios update enabled with BD

any news on ivy bridge itx?
Existing P67/Z68 will work as long as manufacturers update the BIOS. And considering the target audience for Sandy Bridge+ITX, I suspect every manufacturer will be on top of that.

Completely aside from that, Intel has already shown Z77+ITX reference board, and Zotac allegedly had a prototype as well.

Back