Post PICs of your old cards!

great stuff man...thats alot of stuff you kept!...was it all in a box?

Steve said:
I haven't posted these in years:
I used to always post these pics when people would ask to see either my rig or Kyle's. Check out the modem and the hard drive...YIKES!!! I still have this stuff too.

PM pics of recent setup? :D

My Voodoo 3 3000 still in store-bought condition :)

voodoo3300.jpg

great stuff..looks like mine :D but i broke the heatsink on mine..the damn clips tnhat hold it down youll see its not there... :(

I found my old Geforce MX 420.

100_0960.jpg

100_0961.jpg

I also found out where my Voodoo 3 is, so I'll be getting it back tomorrow and I'll be showing it to you soon after :D.

My STB 3Dfx voodoo2, still in perfect condition. Damn glide games looked nice on my 166Mhz gateway.
voodoo2.JPG

Diamond Riva TNT 16mb that was in a old dell XPS
tnt.JPG

A 1mb or maybe even 512K cirrus logic ISA card from 1992:
cirrus.JPG

Leon2ky said:
I found my old Geforce MX 420.

http://leonswebdesigns.com/100_0960.jpg[/imga]
[img]http://leonswebdesigns.com/100_0961.jpg[/imga]

I also found out where my Voodoo 3 is, so I'll be getting it back tomorrow and I'll be showing it to you soon after :D.[/QUOTE]
i was wondering what you would sell that for....if it still works...

V0ltage said:
My STB 3Dfx voodoo2, still in perfect condition. Damn glide games looked nice on my 166Mhz gateway.
http://www.v0ltage.net/upload/voodoo2.JPG[/imga]

Diamond Riva TNT 16mb that was in a old dell XPS
[img]http://www.v0ltage.net/upload/tnt.JPG[/imga]

A 1mb or maybe even 512K cirrus logic ISA card from 1992:
[img]http://www.v0ltage.net/upload/cirrus.JPG[/imga][/QUOTE]
great stuff!...thats some old cards.. :D

its supprising what to see here really..
anyone eles got a old card and a great story to go with it?

mashie said:
These are unfortunately the oldest cards in my collection.

The Diamond Fire GL1000Pro 8MB was one of the first AGP cards to be realeased.

The other two cards are Diamond Monster 3DII 12MB in SLI.
that setup is awesome..for the day..got any storys for those bad boys mashie?

I bought this from my Bro's Compaq in 2002 so he could play "Dark age of Camelot", it was the 3rd expansion he needed it for. (It was 100$ at the time and he doesn't have AGP in the now 4 year old Compaq)

geforcefx5200.jpg

And now the ultimate gaming video card! Voodoo 3!!! I was forced to buy this when my onboard video fried, this was the first true video card I bought myself. I bought it back in early 2000 (I think may have been mid 2000) and I used it to play HL1 at an insane constant 60FPS (at the time that was a crap load for me)

voodoo3.jpg

I don't know what kind of Thermal paste was used but the crap is like cement, I thought I was never going to get the heatsink off (I burned myself on the heatsink when I heated it up with a blow drier, a technique I was taught to use to get Heatsinks off video cards)

Its a 1989 Ati Vga Wonder 16 ISA 512k video ram.

cardfront.JPG

cardback.JPG

cardid.JPG

vga.JPG

scanline.JPG

had this posted in another thread then i found this one was older.

thats some fine cards people.. this thread has been brought back to life for new commers..

anyone eles got a old card to dig up and that has a story to go with it?!

theres got to be more people oiut there with old card that have a good story to tell with some pics...

I want to buy a pair of those Voodoos with the external cable and internal hookup, the old school SLI ones. Somebody pm me or something.

that would be a nice find... try ebay.. i see them on there all the time... but for a premium.. it will also get you a general idea of the cost of that setup..

happy hunting for a peice of History

Unfortunately, I got rid of all my old cards. :( I have had practically every one though. :)

got a good story to go with that card?.. nothing long.. just what were the cards strong points in its livlyhood :D

Well it was before I knew anything about computers. And I convinced my parents to buy me an HP 9880 for $2500 :rolleyes: .
This was in summer 2001.
Specs-

1.5GHz W'mette (best at the time)
128MB RD-RAM
TNT2 Riva Pro

Needless to say it played everything like shit and we probably overpaid like crazy. But I had a lot of fun finally beeing able to play Half-Life!

Left to right:

ATI Rage Pro 128

Diamond Viper PCI (Weitek P9000)

ATI Mach64

vid1.jpg

Rage: This was my dad's old card. He upgraded to a Radeon 7200 that he had no use for.

Diamond: Out of a P60, changed it with the Mach64 for size

Mach64: Was a spare 2MB card we had lying around. I think we got it when my dad's new motherboard wouldn't POST (Setting DIP switches help)

Then, the card that taught me the hard way that video memory doesn't mean everything, a Sapphire Radeon 7000. I bought this card a year ago as I was under the impression that video memory means everything. What a crock of shit!

vid2.jpg

woah!... nice stuff!.... espesially Mr. Computer Dude Chris, nice collection!...

and to codegen.. at school i remember all my tech class had was thoes mach64 cards.. damn things were so worthless... but Win98 loved them...

Warrior said:
and to codegen.. at school i remember all my tech class had was thoes mach64 cards.. damn things were so worthless... but Win98 loved them...

I know some of the older Dell Optiplexs came with them onboard.

I've got a couple of Trident cards downstairs. I'll try and snap a pic.

hey cool anything to keep this thread going...

this thread is a very interesting thread at a look at our history of video cards...

and im not talking just 10yr old card.. hey if a 9800pro was your OLD card.. post it.. with a good story and a nice pic of a old card.. thats all this thread needs... im going for a sticky really.. if this thread becomes populated enough... everyone can see our geekyist history :D

pxc said:
egawonder.jpg

That's an old card I actually used back in 1989. :D

tasmania.jpg

And that was my first 3D card (2MB Western Digital Tasmania 3D). It used video pass-through like the Voodoo1/2. It supported B-Render and some other pre-DX APIs. Who needs a useful 3D API? I can play FX Fighter at 640x480x16! :p In the few games that supported those oddball APIs, the quality was a lot better than software rendering. It was only $20 on clearance at Fry's when I bought it, no big loss.

its called tasmania wtf, thats where i live

its a tiny little island off the bottom of australia

This card lasted for a VERY long time considering the hell its gone though.

STB Velocity Riva 128, woooo 4MB:

P1010887Small.jpg

I can't show you my old graphics card because it's still in the PC I'm using right now (the only PC I have btw).It's a GeForce 2 MX 400 64MB

Ok guys, see you later I'm off to play some GTA:SA ... :p

gtasa on a gf2 mx... wow.. thats ballsy.. anyway.. nice RIVA.. thoes cards owned in there time!

@Warrior
Ya it sux totaly.I'm running it with a 800x600 resolution and lowest settings (no AA, min. draw distance, etc).It's pushing the GF2 to the max.But I'm getting a new video card these days, so it doesen't bother me.

Warrior said:
look at all thoes voodoos.. lol... thoes are voodoos right?.. lol

Yup, some agp voodoo 5's a pci voodoo 5 and an agp voodoo 3 3000.

Warrior said:
gtasa on a gf2 mx... wow.. thats ballsy.. anyway.. nice RIVA.. thoes cards owned in there time!
does the ps2 not have the same gpu power around that of the g2's ? (any g2 Ti or Ultra owners ?)

Back