Project: Digg (custom case) Finished

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm up to my neck in painted laptops and I have a flu of sorts. Will update within a day or so. Lots of stuff to post.

(sarcasm) with it be ready for PDXLAN 9? :p

Trust me, I know what it's like to have life intrude on Modding progress. My fastest Mod took 6 months...longest was a little over 18 months.

Keep at it, we know it will be a sight to behold when complete. :cool:

Ok I don't want to give too much away at this point since I'm so close but here's a bit of the keyboard. You'll have to wait to see the case :D I'm finishing all the final details as quick as I possibly can. Holidays are really messing with my schedule.

digg53.jpg

The keyboard looks much better in this picture than in the last one. Nice touch with the "digg" plate.

Planning a case mod for the break and just wondering where you got the power button.

whrswoldo said:
The keyboard looks much better in this picture than in the last one. Nice touch with the "digg" plate.

Indeed!!! Nice, glossy keys!

whrswoldo said:
Agreed +1.

Can't wait for the full unveiling!

Keyboard is sexy! :)

And I watched Episode 74 of Diggnation and I thought I breifly saw your bottle opener. Any word on that? No props or anything? Or did I miss that in an earlier episode?

Willsonman said:
Planning a case mod for the break and just wondering where you got the power button.

I can't remember. It was sitting around the shop. I believe performance-pc's sells a similar one.

Dgephri said:
nice paint! Did you change out the LEDs, or leave them blue?

Left them the same. Bought another one too. The new ones don't have that awful texture on the black areas. That really irritated me when I first painted it because the paint reacted every time it touched the black. Had to make sure I never wetsanded through the primer. At least in the future I won't have that trouble again.

jivetrky said:
Keyboard is sexy! :)

And I watched Episode 74 of Diggnation and I thought I breifly saw your bottle opener. Any word on that? No props or anything? Or did I miss that in an earlier episode?

Ya I saw it too. I didn't realize they were seriously going through with having their own made. Didn't mean to compete with them or anything. They probably thought "that guy still isn't done with the digg case?"

And I can't leave everyone hanging on a bad picture of a keyboard so let's include the monitor and dvdrw too.
digg54.jpg

digg55.jpg

I hate leaving everyone hanging. Minus a little flare, here's a pic of the screen. I had to black the center because it reflected too much.
digg56.jpg

Signed up for pdxlan9.....will it actually make it this time? :D It better or else that's bad start to the year.

excellent, take a serious stab at that CPU prize!

Will be good to see you there again.

A guy came in to photograph/interview me this past week. He saw the case, that's about the only person so far. He seemed less than excited but that's probably because he had no idea what digg is.

A guy came in to photograph/interview me this past week. He saw the case, that's about the only person so far. He seemed less than excited but that's probably because he had no idea what digg is.

lol too old for this world then...

Wanna see some updates :D

Here's an update: sold the ATI x1950xtx card. Need an 8800GTS or GTX before pdxlan :D

Ya I know. Let me just say the D I G G letters turned out pretty spiffy. Instead of going white on blue, I went with a silver metallic/blue scheme instead.

Sorry I'll stop teasing till I have teaser pics.

Ya I know. Let me just say the D I G G letters turned out pretty spiffy. Instead of going white on blue, I went with a silver metallic/blue scheme instead.

As we say in Genmay, pics or shens :D

You will give us pics *wave butter knife and stares evily*

Sounds like its gonna be good though.

Looking good!

Did you spray the pearl clear straight on the keyboard keys? Any adhesion promoter or anything?

Also (if you don't mind sharing), I noticed you painted laptop trackpads/buttons on your site. I'm assuming bc/cc (omni as well?) for the topcoats... but what kind of primer do you prefer on plastics (I'm assuming you aren't using polyester for everything)? And how well does everything hold up on the trackpad surfaces? Sorry for the 20 questions... I'm just getting started playing with proper paints and could use all the advice I can get.

thanks

I know I know. I'm workin on it. And go figure newegg sends me a green pcb 8800gts instead of a black pcb as advertised. :rolleyes: Thanks egg for failing right when I needed you most. Let's see if you can get another here by Friday....

Not sure if it's me or what, but the pain looks really thick from how I see it.

Why not do less coats?

1 primer
1 base
1 coat

Back