XFX ATI 4890 for $164

Wow, godlike! No card out there can touch this price/performance ratio, absolutely incredible :eek:. And double lifetime warranty to boot.

$171 shipped for me. Still $171 for an XFX HD 4890 is an insane deal.

Coupon also works with other videocard. HIS 4870 can be have for $102!!! (not including live cash back, shipping and tax)

great price.

my brother finally hits up team red with this card. hes had all nvidia for the last 4 years so this will be a nice change of pace!

This deal is so tempting. If I wasn't saving every penny for college right now I would so jump on this deal.

I think my 512mb 4830 has a little life left in it..

OMG XFX 1gb 4870 for $115. I can't resist. I think i'm gonna snag one and sell my 4830.

sigh..
now I feel like I just got rape by purchase 2 ASUS 4890 for 200 each shipped.....

How in the world is that XFX 4870 that price? In tha case, why are these SO CHEAP.

If I didn't need a processor right now... Yaaaargh, I may bite anyway.

*hopes things will sell out so he doesn't have to buy one*

you have to wonder what the mark up on these cards is. 300%? 400%?. more? last year the 9800gx2 was $200 after 5 months. i think it dropped at $600.

how does this card rank up to a 8800gtx.

fiancee has a dated fx-60 939 system..mainly she plays wow 1650 x 1080

my 8800gtx is so hot to touch the screws on top will burn you, PC keeps on shutting off, rest of case is cool.

worth it to snag this card?

you have to wonder what the mark up on these cards is. 300%? 400%?. more? last year the 9800gx2 was $200 after 5 months. i think it dropped at $600.

nVidia's dual GPU card are failure, not just past, even now it still junks...

then how can they sell them so cheap, so soon after they drop? if it was only a 20% markup when this card was $300, arent they taking kind of a huge loss selling them at $170?.
to the other guy - i was only using the gx2 as 1 example of many, not necessarily multi tgpu cards.

Damn, I just bought a GTX 260 like a month and half ago for $160. :c(

Life in the tech world.

Perhaps this heralds the arrival of the 5xxx series? lets just hope 5xxx isn't unlucky, it didnt do much for nvidia back int he day.

FYI: Ewiz has no real time inventory system. They also have negative reviews for customer service. Obviously both are not an issue if your product ships, it works out of the box with no issue, and you never require customer service.

http://sanjose.bbb.org/businessreport.aspx?companyid=219269
Rating: F
"Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices. "

Last edited:
The 275 is faster but not 100 bucks faster. Keep in mind if you do want to do crossfire - 4870's and 4890's in cf are power hogs. close to 500 watts load.

That's the case for all high end video cards in xfire/SLI. It's the idle power consumption you should worry about for xfired ATI cards anyway, not load.

Well now I bought my second 4890 (for 25 dollars cheaper than the sapphire only two weeks ago from the same retailer). Now I just need a bigger power supply since I don't want to chance it with a Seasonic M12 700w (56 combined amps on the 12v rail.)

Anybody have any suggestions for a 1k watt modular unit. I am thinking Corsair HX1000.

you can't go wrong with the corsair. it is a beast (be sure you have room in your case it is longer than a standard psu since it is basically two put together).

wow, these guys change their prices faster than I can even search their pages... :mad:

had 3 cards tabbed, trying to decide between them... and suddenly they all started to increase in price every time I hit refresh.

the HIS card I was leaning towards jumped almost $20 in a matter of 60 seconds.

i'm not seeing 5%??

And the coupon only works for one video card. $11+ for shipping seems to be rape

you need to go to microsoft live cash back (i thinks its called bing or something now) and then find superbiz from there/

they raised the prices... but I keep thinking what am i gonna do with this card.. i dont game... so i'll install it...drooling all over it..then run 3dmark... then install a game..then it will dust in my comp rest of the time...

I'm still waiting for super SSD deal....

wow, these guys change their prices faster than I can even search their pages... :mad:

had 3 cards tabbed, trying to decide between them... and suddenly they all started to increase in price every time I hit refresh.

the HIS card I was leaning towards jumped almost $20 in a matter of 60 seconds.

Yeah, I noticed this while I was trying to figure out the live cash thing. Not so hot a deal now. Stupid e-tailers. :mad:

you need to go to microsoft live cash back (i thinks its called bing or something now) and then find superbiz from there/

Thanks

The 275 is faster but not 100 bucks faster. Keep in mind if you do want to do crossfire - 4870's and 4890's in cf are power hogs. close to 500 watts load.

no, GTX 275 is not any faster at all....they are exact same speed in most cases, some cases lean toward to nVidia, some cases lean toward to ATI...

they are pretty even, but if you push up AA, you will see 4890 runs faster..

Of course it's a great price. Until their new cards come out next month, you know it's coming,otherwise they wouldn't be dumping these cards.

Back