TJ07 pics

larkin

Gawd
My TJ07 is here, and I am much excited about it. It arrived a good 6 days after the last part of the rest of my sytem so it was very eagarly anticipated. There don't seem to be any reviews or many pics around of this very rare case of which i'm told only 15 (black version) are currently circulated in the US.

Here are some pics of the case for you enthusiasts and those considering it for new case
I will write a (amateur) review of the components i bought this weekend sometime, the build is not complete yet (had to study for at test), the weekend will be bliss.
TJ07-1.jpg

TJ07-2.jpg

TJ07-3.jpg

TJ07-4.jpg

TJ07-5.jpg

TJ07-6.jpg

TJ07-7.jpg

can take more pics while i am building it

later
:: Corsair TWINX 2048-3500LL Pro * OCZ PowerStream 520W-SLI
:: SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum (audio noise problems)
:: BenQ DW1655 DVD-R w/LightScribe OEM (had to RMA due to motor defect)
:: (2) WD740G Raptors * Saitek X-45 Joystick

i spy an a8n32 and a g15 ;) :p
looks sweet man! looking forward to pics :D

That case is double prue sex!!, Silverstone cases rock. I just got there TJ-06 and love it. Congrats on that case, I would love to had one, but It was hard enought spending 140$ on a case :p ;)

omz said:
i spy an a8n32 and a g15 ;) :p
looks sweet man! looking forward to pics :D
i spy a sonata :p

nice shots man and btw how much did you pay for the case?

i am using a 7 year old hacked up server tower that i got for $30 bucks in fall '98 for the rig you see in my sig, until i can sell enough of my soul(i.e. save up the cash) to by a TJ07.

BoySetsFire said:
i am using a 7 year old hacked up server tower that i got for $30 bucks in fall '98 for the rig you see in my sig, until i can sell enough of my soul(i.e. save up the cash) to by a TJ07.
damn you should bring it to a lan and show the internals :p

Great case, almost wish I would have forked out for one, just got my case too but it's no TJ07.

Is there enough space that if you took out one of those HD Racks you might be able to fit a 120x2 radiator down there and the PSU?

That is a cool looking case. I think this is my next case. I'd like to know about the water cooling possibilities too. Can it fit a double radiator at the bottom ? How is the build quality ?

if you ditch the two lower hard drive racks, it looks like you could mount a dual 120 rad down there. there is a mesh grill in the side panels for those fans.

N H O said:
damn you should bring it to a lan and show the internals :p
it's an atx case, but it's just frickin tall! it's got 6 expose 5.25" bays, 3 exposed 3.5" bays and an extra hidden 3.5" bay, but what i least like about it is that the power supply is midlevel mounted and there isn't enough room behind the mobo tray to route cables back there, but the mobo tray IS removable, so that's a plus.

i'd say the build quality on the TJ07 is top notch. they supposedly used high grade, extra thick aluminum and automotive machining tools to produce it. i've got a silverstone lc14 in black that i used for a while, before i build my current rig. i was fabulous and well put together.

N H O said:
i spy a sonata :p

nice shots man and btw how much did you pay for the case?
Yeah, the sonata is a room mate's comp. The case was always one of the most difficult decissions to make all along. I pre-ordered this for $390 drop shipping included. It was a tough call but I ended up with a few bounous dollars left in the bank, so I went for it.

Mixman said:
That is a cool looking case. I think this is my next case. I'd like to know about the water cooling possibilities too. Can it fit a double radiator at the bottom ? How is the build quality ?

Thanks, i'm sure it was made for watercooling solutions. I am not doing a watercooling deal, but i'm sure there's room. The PSU backplate has an option for a second PSU, there's also another included psu backplate for a redundant PSU. The two HD racks can easily be removed and would free a lot of space.

The PSU location also leaves penty of slack for connecting the power cables on my OCZ 520 sli.

Build quailty wise, i'm not dissapointed. I hesitated getting an aluminum case because, while models from silverstone and lianli are pretty, i dont like the tin like feel of them and they are so light it feels like the cdrom tray opening might even shake them. This case is thick. The side pannels are thick, the metal inside is thick and the main from+top+bottom bezel is thick. The top exhaust fans have mesh fixtures INSIDE which are impressive and all the possibly sharp edges of the case are either refined or shielded with rubber as far as i've encountered. The hard drive cages are also very bold, and well constructed, stylish. And silverstone's gamble with the one piece idea pays off to me, it's a different view for sure seeing a case that really is made from one piece of aluminum top to bottom.

gonna post some more pics in a little bit, if the inline images get overkill let me know and i'll link to them instead.

Larkin....When you get the syytem up and running tell me how loud/silent the case is. I just wish there were covers for the CDrom drives and maybe wheels.....Isn't that case pretty heavy ?

Mixman said:
Larkin....When you get the syytem up and running tell me how loud/silent the case is. I just wish there were covers for the CDrom drives and maybe wheels.....Isn't that case pretty heavy ?
I was thinking the same before I got it. Since it's such an astheticly pleasing case maybe i should get the lianli esk CD covers, but it's not needed. Here are some pics of the front of the case with the dvd-r. The drive there is the OEM version of the new BenQ 1655 drive (the retail bezel was less discrete). The drive blends in perfectly with the bezel of the case as you can see.
The case is heavy for an aluminum case, but definetly lighter than steel.
TJ07-front1.jpg
TJ07-dvdrdrive.jpg
TJ07-front2.jpg

oh my god that case is hot!!!

silverstone makes such sexy classy cases

i love it, nice choice man, nice choice

That's gotta be the best looking case IMO in a while. It's better than the silver one used on the DMX but I still like it.

Wow, that's really expensive for one of those cases. You could get a Mountain Mods UFO for less than that, or a Twice 7 for $100 less... :)

larkin said:
I was thinking the same before I got it. Since it's such an astheticly pleasing case maybe i should get the lianli esk CD covers, but it's not needed. Here are some pics of the front of the case with the dvd-r. The drive there is the OEM version of the new BenQ 1655 drive (the retail bezel was less discrete). The drive blends in perfectly with the bezel of the case as you can see.
The case is heavy for an aluminum case, but definetly lighter than steel.
TJ07-front1.jpg
TJ07-dvdrdrive.jpg
TJ07-front2.jpg

MORE MORE
:eek:

I know you could remove the HD bays you coudl actualy fir 2 radiators in there...But then where do you mount the Hard Drives? would that holder fit in the drive bays up top?

The way it seems is that you can take out one HD bay and still put a double radiator at the bottom on the opposite side, of where you put your PSU (the psu only takes up five to seven inches on either the left or right side at the bottom). I wonder is their room enough to put in a triple rad down there and still keep a HDD cage ?

Justintoxicated said:
I know you could remove the HD bays you coudl actualy fir 2 radiators in there...But then where do you mount the Hard Drives? would that holder fit in the drive bays up top?

I personally will never go back to using the case supplied 3.5" rails for HDD mounting. I purchased a backplane (SNT 4 in 3 SATA) for my drives and it works fantastic. The best part is the fact that you can easily swap out bad drives or new drives because they are all on removable trays. Also, wiring a bundle of 4 SATA cables is really easy to do and much neater than doing each individually. It also frees up space at the bottom of the case for fans, rads, pumps etc.

Can you show us a picture of the psu connected to the mobo? I'm wondering how much room there is down there to install some of the larger psu's.

-Thank You.

kuyaglen said:
Can you show us a picture of the psu connected to the mobo? I'm wondering how much room there is down there to install some of the larger psu's.

-Thank You.

especially with something like the PCP&C 1000watter

that is a slick looking case. Can't wait for more pics with everything in it

larkin said:
My TJ07 is here, and I am much excited about it. It arrived a good 6 days after the last part of the rest of my sytem so it was very eagarly anticipated. There don't seem to be any reviews or many pics around of this very rare case of which i'm told only 15 (black version) are currently circulated in the US.

Here are some pics of the case for you enthusiasts and those considering it for new case
I will write a (amateur) review of the components i bought this weekend sometime, the build is not complete yet (had to study for at test), the weekend will be bliss.
http://www.greekone.com/files/comp_pics/TJ07-1.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.greekone.com/files/comp_pics/TJ07-2.jpg
http://www.greekone.com/files/comp_pics/TJ07-3.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.greekone.com/files/comp_pics/TJ07-4.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.greekone.com/files/comp_pics/TJ07-5.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.greekone.com/files/comp_pics/TJ07-6.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.greekone.com/files/comp_pics/TJ07-7.jpg[/IMG

can take more pics while i am building it

later[/QUOTE]
Do Silverstone cases always come with padding like that? or.. what other companies do that?

kuyaglen said:

-Thank You.
I'm a little under the influence right now... but i happen to have some pics of that very thing from earlier in the day... and don't worry. i dont do non sobr installs.
happy viewing
[pic1 - psu being intalled]
[pic2 - psu with removed hd cages]
[pic3 - mobo tray with some goods on it]
TJ07-psu1.jpg
TJ07-psu2.jpg

and some more bling
TJ07-loadedtray.jpg

Can the removable mobo tray be installed BTX style (i.e., reversed ala the TJ06 or LL v-series)?

That is a very nice case, and *was* goign to be my upgrade.
That is until I found out how much it costs i.e. bordering on ludicrous.
And there I was thinking the Lain Li V1000 cost a fair amount :rolleyes:
Lets hope the realise its over priced and lower it very soon. Then im sure they will have a lot of demand for it.

Sweet Holy Sex!
Can't wait till Jan 30th!
I'm getttin mine in-store pick up for $370 (that's including tax!)!
Doesn't look like a lot of room between the PSU and the big opening in the bottom.
I have a Torin Blower I am going to use, to cool the whole system down.
I think I will have to remove one of the HDD cages down there.
Lian Li has NOTHING on this case!

Can't wait to see your thoughts on the sound this thing produces.
And also the temps.
What's going to be put inside?

N/M found it:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1002002

Any place else to mount the hard drives in that case ? I might want to take both hard drive cages out and put a triple radiator down there. Would you happen to know the measurements between the rear and one of the hard drive cases, so I can know how much space I have to put a radiator down there ?

Do you think the 1000 Watt PC Power & Cooling would fit without modification?

Also anyone know where someone can pick up this case, I only see the Silver in stock?

how do cases that employ the method of putting the PSU on the bottom get around the problem of having to run the long thick ass ATX power cable to the motherboard? Does it come with an extension built in? Or is it up to the end user to deal with?

Back