TJ07 pics

I think the best bet in the TJ07 is to mount that rad at the bottom. That way the fans at top remain in place to cool the motherboard. I think the rad can also stay cooler that way too.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll see if it can be done. :eek:

yeah im trying to decide on a case .. so whoever sets up some watercooling in this pls post pics

Whoo Hoo!

Picked mine up yesterday at www.gamepc.com in Palo Alto CA!

I got it for $345 + tax = ~$370.

They are now selling it for $365. But if you live in the bay area you can go and pick it up. No Shipping!

I already ordered the 24pin power cable extender along with the 4 pin 12 volt extension from www.svc.com.

Will take pictures as soon as I build this thing hopefully this weekend.

I don't believe you can invert the mobo tray. But I'll let you know when I open the box.
The thing is HUGE!

larkin said:
take pictures :p

I will. I have the WC ready, just waiting for the case.

Larkin - one more question. I know you own the OCZ 520 like I do. Do the power connectors (24 pin and 4 pin) connect to the motherboard without extenders ?

@#$#$$, if only i had $370 just laying around somewheres. if the 24pin connector dont reach, dosnt the backplate flip for btx mounting?

It looks like you should be able to simply flip it over and the screws should hold it in place. The atx side seems to have some kind of rails on the top and bottom to slide the MB tray in, but they dont look like they are essential, more of a guide to slide the tray in. As long as there is nothing blocking it from siding in on the btx side, and the screws on the back line up ok it should work just dandy.

Would be great if someone who owns it could just confirm though!!! :)

cheers,

ten

Mixman said:
Larkin - one more question. I know you own the OCZ 520 like I do. Do the power connectors (24 pin and 4 pin) connect to the motherboard without extenders ?
yep, reatches without extenders with the OCZ.

:)

Unfortunately this product is discontinued http://www.thermochill.com/he902.php But I wonder if this dual 92mm Radiator would have mounted to the rear of the Silverstone with little problems.

Not to get off topic but what do any of you think of Frozen.cpu's Lian Li set up. It looks like a lot of work and I wouldn't even think of paying 6 bills for a case but I'm sure a dremel would allow you to create the same triple radiator setup. Frozen CPU Lian Li

killamanjaro said:
Unfortunately this product is discontinued http://www.thermochill.com/he902.php But I wonder if this dual 92mm Radiator would have mounted to the rear of the Silverstone with little problems.

Not to get off topic but what do any of you think of Frozen.cpu's Lian Li set up. It looks like a lot of work and I wouldn't even think of paying 6 bills for a case but I'm sure a dremel would allow you to create the same triple radiator setup. Frozen CPU Lian Li

I know FrozenCPU and Performance PC's are very respectable companies. I have dealt with both for some time now. They sell and perform quality work and are commended on it all over the web. Now, paying that much for a case and mod you can do and do right....well that is up to you. Some of us only take our computer building hobby so far and then we let the pro's handle the rest. You just have to ask yourself if it is worth it to you. For instance, you are not going to see me take a Dremel to my new TJ07 case, yet I wouldn't hesitate on some cheap TT, Antec, or Chieftec case :D

killamanjaro said:

Frozen is cool just a little expensive. That case is wayyyyy overpriced, especially considering the case is about $240, a whole Swiftech Apex Kit is $250. That is a high labor cost. Plus I believe that is a bad design in that the rad has no cool outside air getting to it.

Mixman said:
Frozen is cool just a little expensive. That case is wayyyyy overpriced, especially considering the case is about $240, a whole Swiftech Apex Kit is $250. That is a high labor cost. Plus I believe that is a bad design in that the rad has no cool outside air getting to it.

Yes I agree they are really gouging you for the labor on that case. I was just wondering what some of you more experience water coolers thought of the set up. I wouldn't purchase the case from them.

For those people wanting to know if the motherboard tray can be flipped to the other side for BTX style arrangement, this is from the guy who did the tweaksrus review of the TJ07....

"It looks like it can be re-configured to have the tray on the opposite side. PLEASE NOTE: I did not specifically try it, but it does appear that the rails can be mounted on the other side. The pilot holes have been drilled to do so."

Imma get one and try it, will put a couple of pics up if it indeed does work :)

ten

It does seem like it'd be more efficinet to mount it BTX style though, 'least for an air-cooled setup... There'd be more air flow around the GPUs (they'd be closer to the top exhaust instead of the dead spot they're in atm) and the hottest components would be at the top.

I wonder why Silverstone seems to shy away from that kinda setup, the TJ06 actually had a BTX-style orientation for the mobo but then the drive cages were at the top along with the PSU, basically the TJ07 flipped ('cept the PSU sat atop the HDs and it had front intakes).

I really liked the TJ06's internal design, I wish they had made a full Al version of it. I'm still not so sure about the TJ07's general airflow for an air-cooled rig, top exhaust with only rear intake doesn't seem very... fluent. 'Specially as far as the vid cards, 'least if you're able to mount the mobo tray BTX-style their HSFs will face up.

P.S. The silver TJ07 is available at NewEgg, $365 + $30 for shipping, no black yet tho. The TJ03 is "down to $273". :p

sprocket said:
I asked that very same question on page 1.
Looks like it's doable, but still waiting on confirmation.

No this is not doable. The motherboard tray has a extra support flange that does not allow it to be inserted backwards. Unless you remove the top tray of fans. But why??

Pics to follow in new post tomorrow. I'm tired.

IMG_2681.jpg

I got mine and put it together yesterday. Good news; if you take out 1 hard drive cage and only use 1 PSU and drill some new holes for the second hard drive cage and move it about half an inch toward the front of the case you can fit a BIX III down there!
I dont see how it is possible without major modification to use it BTX style though :(

This case is by far the best case I have ever used or seen. It looks extremely clean and wire routing is pretty easy. I do have 4 complaints though.
1) The back of the hard drive cages are so close to the back mesh that the hard drive wires are smashed back there more than I would like. And it seems the cage itself is a little bit too wide so there is a gap between the walls and the drives so you have to screw each drive in alittle bit each time to compress the sides in.
2) If I look closely at my case I can see 3 scuffs on the case, like someone accidently rubbed something sharp on it or the machine missed. One is on the motherboard tray in plain site :( one is on the drive piece of metal you mount the optical drives to, and one is on the bottom below a hard drive cage (this one took paint with it).
3) The machining along many of the edges seems like it really could have been done better. Im not sure how to describe them but its like they stopped in multiple places and realligned the cut. Your eyes are drawn to other things in the case though so you dont really see it.
4) The back plate if taken off isnt completely straight...its kinda warped so when you try to put it back on it is tough to get it in place and screw it in. They are very nice thumb screws though.
Other than that it is a VERY solid case and I'm curious if other people have this issue with theirs. Maybe mine was just rushed?
I will try to get pictures tonight.
2 more things-- My video cards do get hotter than in my TT xaser III and keep in mind there is no 3.5" drive bay unless you want to mod the bay which the usb ports go. If you could drill some screw holes the floppy drive fits pretty nice down there.
If you have any more questions about the case I'll be glad to answer them....in the meantime I'm going to try to borrow my friends camera

Stroker said:
I do have 4 complaints though.
1) The back of the hard drive cages are so close to the back mesh that the hard drive wires are smashed back there more than I would like. And it seems the cage itself is a little bit too wide so there is a gap between the walls and the drives so you have to screw each drive in alittle bit each time to compress the sides in.
2) If I look closely at my case I can see 3 scuffs on the case, like someone accidently rubbed something sharp on it or the machine missed. One is on the motherboard tray in plain site :( one is on the drive piece of metal you mount the optical drives to, and one is on the bottom below a hard drive cage (this one took paint with it).
3) The machining along many of the edges seems like it really could have been done better. Im not sure how to describe them but its like they stopped in multiple places and realligned the cut. Your eyes are drawn to other things in the case though so you dont really see it.
4) The back plate if taken off isnt completely straight...its kinda warped so when you try to put it back on it is tough to get it in place and screw it in. They are very nice thumb screws though.

I hope it's just yours that was like this. For what you pay for something like this I would expect the quality to be better. I do like the layout of the case though. Having the motherboard above the power supply and the two side vents on the bottom make this thing perfect for a water cooled setup.

is there a way to get more pictures of the case with everything in it. also is it a relatively good case for wire management? please show me some pictures. thanks

worth dishing the $400?

chinked|out said:
is there a way to get more pictures of the case with everything in it. also is it a relatively good case for wire management? please show me some pictures. thanks

worth dishing the $400?

I think you bought this already from Monarch at a STEAL!

Anyways here's the rest of the pics:

All my TJ07 pics

IMG_2698.jpg

JonDoms said:

Anyways here's the rest of the pics:

All my TJ07 pics

IMG_2698.jpg
yup. jondoms. i got it at monarch for a killer price. and i will be able to recieve it this week. going to get a powerstream too. then upgrade to a nice water setup in the feature. sounds good. thanks for the pictures too

monarch = 315+19.99 shipping. = 334. and rep upgraded me to fedex air saver (2-3days shiping) btw deal is dead already!

chinked|out said:
does the ocz 520w powerstream reach the mobo just fine? or do i need extension?

Well my Seasonic S12 600w's main 24 pin power reached the A8N32 24 pin fine. The 4 pin 12v needed an extention if you wanted to tuck it away nicely. If you just ran it across everything I think you can make it, but better safe and neat than sorry.

If you don't mind me asking, is the case worth it? I never though I spend more then 150 on a case so here Im. I was planing on getting a xfi fps and another monitor. I can get the case for 350shipped but don't know if its worth it.

JonDoms said:
aey mang.
please post MB and CPU temps u get with this case and gpu if you got'em.

thanks

looks good .. dont like the casters or handles though ..

doesnt seem like a decent case for hiding wires or anything ..

Love the casters. Didn't know you could mount LIan Li casters on anything else. The handles stink though...... kills the smooth lines if the case. Who knows might get a side panel window from them too.

well i spend the day setting up for this tj07 case. after spending several hours i finished with moving all the parts from old case to this one. now i'm wondering how i would be able ot secure one of thos hard drives on the top 5.25 drive backs. i don't see anyways where i can secure it. can mixman or someone show me?

Are you putting a triple rad down at the bottom ? Is that the reason you want to mount the HDD cage up higher ? Post a pic of what you want to do.

Mixman said:
Are you putting a triple rad down at the bottom ? Is that the reason you want to mount the HDD cage up higher ? Post a pic of what you want to do.
well i want to know how to mount the hard drive cage to the 5.25 drive bays. is that possible?

You can face the fan towards the motherboard and either use velcro on the side or you need a screw with a nut and put it trhough one of the holes and use the nut to secure the screw.

Mixman said:
You can face the fan towards the motherboard and either use velcro on the side or you need a screw with a nut and put it trhough one of the holes and use the nut to secure the screw.
that's gay and annoyin :mad:

I know it didn't sound right but that was the best way to describe the way to attach the drive cage. :eek:

larkin said:
aey mang.
please post MB and CPU temps u get with this case and gpu if you got'em.

thanks

I used Speedfan to check my temps My CPU 36 idle and 48 load.
Mobo 36 idle 45 load.

No temps for GPU. The NMonitor from Nvidia Ntools is not supported on my mobo.

I am running a 7800GTX, FX-55 with a Zalman CNS9000 and a Asus A8N32.
I have the back fans on a fan controller but the tops are full go.
The noise is a higher humm but not too bad.

I just wish they had a front intake fan for the GPU / PCI devices area.

Back