TJ07 pics

I would like to see the top of the case from the inside. How the fans mount, the spacing etc. If you wouldnt mind....snap some pics from the inside.

K thx..

M

Second the post above ^

Post some pics of your final product as well, i'm going to order this case in a few days, all looking good so far :D

As you can see that there is space for two PSUs (placed sideways). So imagine the PSU is in the area marked "1" with the red arrow. That means the area marked "2" is free/empty.
I would like to place one exhaust fan shown with the white lines to suck the air directly from the PSU area. Is this possible? Are there 120mm fans that I can buy that are standalone?

Do I just place one of these there and hold it in place with double sided tape? Is there a better way to keep the fan in place?

113378.jpg

Q4.jpg

Plastic cable ties? Should be way more secure than tape... And yes you can buy standalone 120mm fans. It seems kinda redundant to place one there though, you've already got crossflow across the hard-drives (or are those exhausts? should be intakes imo, keeps the dust out) and the PSU has it's own exhaust (or should unless you bought a fan-less unit, even then it'd probably be fine).

that case looks very nice!! i love silverstone cases, i have the TJ05 and it has impressed me a lot that i think i will always consider silverstone cases first next time i do a build...i see that u can get a window on that TJ07 too...that would be way too hot

Impulse said:
Plastic cable ties? Should be way more secure than tape... And yes you can buy standalone 120mm fans. It seems kinda redundant to place one there though, you've already got crossflow across the hard-drives (or are those exhausts? should be intakes imo, keeps the dust out) and the PSU has it's own exhaust (or should unless you bought a fan-less unit, even then it'd probably be fine).

The PSU I will be using is PC Power and cooling 850-SSI. It has it's own fan. There will be 2 Raptors (produce lot of heat) and 2 normal HDs in the HD area. So I just thought one additonal fan would keep things cool in that lower area. Considering that the guy with the case said-

"The PSU is hot and since it's on the bottom the hot air rises through all the hardware before it finally leaves the case at the top."

looking at the overall design (except for the traditional mount of the mboard and 2 HDD mounts instead of 1), it's looks like a Lian Li copycat.

With the new design, PSU's would again need extra long 24/20pin cables to reach. maybe even longer for the 4/8pin cable if these are mounted on the right edge of the board.

the side filter where the 2 hard drive fans are placed. Do you think you could fit a triple rad in there? (taking out the hard drive fans first of course)

mutant said:
The PSU I will be using is PC Power and cooling 850-SSI. It has it's own fan. There will be 2 Raptors (produce lot of heat) and 2 normal HDs in the HD area. So I just thought one additonal fan would keep things cool in that lower area. Considering that the guy with the case said-

"The PSU is hot and since it's on the bottom the hot air rises through all the hardware before it finally leaves the case at the top."
PSUs are always hot, but placing an exhaust next to it is not gonna do a whole lot more than the fan inside the PSU isn't already doing, there comes a point in pusing and pulling air where you're just going against diminishing returns y'know.

The PSU is built to sit in far hotter areas of a case, so it should be fine by itself at the bottom, the heat from the HDs shouldn't linger much towards the PSU if the fans by the cages are doing their job.

Do you think these cable seem long enough to reach the MOBO? What happens when the cables are not long enough? Can they be extended with additional attachment?
What about HD etc cables? Can they be extended as well?

a_pc_power___cooling_turbo_cooli_850_sli.jpg

Impulse said:
Hmm, interesting design... I'm not sure I like the sole intake for the CPU/GPUs being at the rear of the case but I guess it can work fine... I still kinda like the LLs inverted design better though, GPUs have become the hottest component and with so many people having two of them it just makes sense to put 'em up top... Why don't the A8N like this? Heard someone mention it didn't get along with such a design.

an Asus A8N-SLI will work inverted.

an Asus A8N32-SLI will NOT work inverted b/c it utilizied heatpipes to cool the system chips on the board. so you'd severly poor/damaging performance by inverting it.

Ahh, that makes sense... I hadn't realized the distinction, though if designed properly the heat pipes should work regardless of orientation. I mean, Thermalright startred off advising people to install their XP series heatsinks in a certain way but later on improved them and the difference was negligible between 3 of the 4 possible orientations.

I think they started adding a special kind of wick inside and reworked the design? Then again the heatpipe on the A8N32 is so much longer and vertical than what's on most HSF...

mutant said:
Do you think these cable seem long enough to reach the MOBO? What happens when the cables are not long enough? Can they be extended with additional attachment?
What about HD etc cables? Can they be extended as well?
The cables for PCP&C's PSU are probably plenty long but I'm sure their site has the exact measurements, if they're too short you'd have to cut them and re-wire them...

Impulse said:
The cables for PCP&C's PSU are probably plenty long but I'm sure their site has the exact measurements, if they're too short you'd have to cut them and re-wire them...

Thanks for the reply but even if I find the measurments for my PSU cables how will I know what the safe length for the TJ07 case is? How long does the cable need to be?
I have e-mailed both companies and let's see if they reply.
I looked at their site but could not find any info on cable length...lot of other info though. Let me try googling.

This is not that hard bro, just look at the measurements of the TJ07 ( http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj07.htm ) and look at where the connectors are located on your mobo, etc.

At most you'll need certain cables to be nearly the lenght of the case, 22-24" (probably the main ATX cables which are usually towards the top end of some boards). 'Sides, if you're ordering from PCP&C they can always custom cut the cable runs for you.

you also have to remember that PSUs are mounted standing on their sides, so you're going to gain an extra 3 or 4 inches in main ATX cable length to reach the top of the mobo, depending on which side of the PSU is mounted down, and on which side of the case you mount the PSU on.

besides, PCP&C cables are pretty long anyway.

Talk about quick response!
In 30 minutes I get a response from German support of Silverstone. This should answer the question for the others who were curious as well :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mail-

Hi!

Question-1
I am about to order the TJ07 case. The power supply unit I have is from "PC power and cooling" --> 850 SSI.
This PSU is 230mm in length. My question is does that TJ07 case have enough space to fit a PSU that is 230mm in length (plus slightly more space for the cables coming out of the PSU)?
What is the length of the area where the PSU sits?

Question-2
How long does the cable for the power supply and drives need to be in general to safely be able to reach the motherboard on TJ07?

Thanks for your help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their reply-

Dear Sir,

Thanks for you love our TJ07.

About your questions:

A-1. There is 250mm depth area for the PSU in TJ07. The PC power and cooling 850 will no problem to build inside.

A-2. 500mm long will better.

Best Regards
Product and Marketing Dept.

well, it's 9:41 a.m. in germany, as of 3:41 a.m. on the east coast of the U.S., so i'm not surprised by the quick reply. :) you caught them at the beginning of the business day, there.

BoySetsFire said:
well, it's 9:41 a.m. in germany, as of 3:41 a.m. on the east coast of the U.S., so i'm not surprised by the quick reply. :) you caught them at the beginning of the business day, there.

I know but still tech companies don't answer straight away so it was a plesant surprise. I had written to AMD and they took 2 days :)

for those unfortunate enough to have PSU with "short" cables, Silvertek has a product to extend the connector. It should be somewhere in the web site.

osirus35 said:
the side filter where the 2 hard drive fans are placed. Do you think you could fit a triple rad in there? (taking out the hard drive fans first of course)

I was thinking the same thing. I'll probably start with a double rad with one hard drive cage and then see if there is enough rooom for a triple rad with no cages. I'll know soon. I should be getting mine by the end of this week or early next week.

In the meantime, if anyone knows what will fit down there let me know, so I can plan out my water system. :)

Mixman said:
I was thinking the same thing. I'll probably start with a double rad with one hard drive cage and then see if there is enough rooom for a triple rad with no cages. I'll know soon. I should be getting mine by the end of this week or early next week.

In the meantime, if anyone knows what will fit down there let me know, so I can plan out my water system. :)

I was thinking the same thing. I have a double in my case now but i had to take out my hard drive cages leaving me with just 4 slots left and its a tight fit. With this new sexy case if i could fit the rad on the bottom there would be more room to add hard drives and such. BTW...do you think they will come out for a windowed side panel for this model?

osirus35 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I have a double in my case now but i had to take out my hard drive cages leaving me with just 4 slots left and its a tight fit. With this new sexy case if i could fit the rad on the bottom there would be more room to add hard drives and such. BTW...do you think they will come out for a windowed side panel for this model?

Just talked to Performance PCS. They said that to put a double rad up top is going to be a lot of work. A triple rad would involve cutting. They are not so sure about putting a rad down there, but from the measurements and all I think it can be done, and I would rather haveit down there anyway. I will start with a double rad and take away a HD cage and see if that fits. If I can find a place to put the other HD cage I put it there and have a triple rad down there.

I just don't want to have to go cutting on a nearly $400 case to add a rad. I just have to be creative and see what I can do.

DisrupTer911 said:
an Asus A8N32-SLI will NOT work inverted b/c it utilizied heatpipes to cool the system chips on the board. so you'd severly poor/damaging performance by inverting it.

That is a load of crap! I had mine inverted in my listed V2000 case and it worked just fine.

On another note, Performance-PC's shipped my black TJ07 yesterday. I was so surprised of the quick shipment on the pre-order (only 50 TJ07's made it into the US this week, Performance PC's got 20 of the 50). They still have a few black left, so if you want one, I suggest you grab yours quick!

WarLust said:
That is a load of crap! I had mine inverted in my listed V2000 case and it worked just fine.

On another note, Performance-PC's shipped my black TJ07 yesterday. I was so surprised of the quick shipment on the pre-order (only 50 TJ07's made it into the US this week, Performance PC's got 20 of the 50). They still have a few black left, so if you want one, I suggest you grab yours quick!

I see you had yours shipped at the same time. My ETA is Friday. It's getting drop shipped from Silverstone supposedly.

I just got off the phone with performance-pcs and they told me they just finished a project with the Tj07 involving a double rad mounted on top. They said it was a perfect fit and that you can't tell theres a rad there unless you open the side panel.

They also finished the bolt on window. Both should be on the site in a few days!

<in regards to the Asus A8N32-SLI and it's heatpipe cooling>
WarLust said:
That is a load of crap! I had mine inverted in my listed V2000 case and it worked just fine. [with regards to the Asus A8N32-SLI and it's heatpipe cooling]
That's good to hear, I wouldn't have expected them to take the plunge and implement such a fancy cooling solution until they had actually refined so that one could mount out however one pleased.

nytrackstar said:
I just got off the phone with performance-pcs and they told me they just finished a project with the Tj07 involving a double rad mounted on top. They said it was a perfect fit and that you can't tell theres a rad there unless you open the side panel.

They also finished the bolt on window. Both should be on the site in a few days!

Yes but Hank there said that required some modding to get it that way, not a simple exercise because of the fan mounts. I told him that I would prefer to just mount it at the bottom. He said he wasn't sure that could be done......but we'll see. As long as I can get one of the HD cage mounts out of the way I think I can do it.

Impulse said:
<in regards to the Asus A8N32-SLI and it's heatpipe cooling>
That's good to hear, I wouldn't have expected them to take the plunge and implement such a fancy cooling solution until they had actually refined so that one could mount out however one pleased.

Yeah, heatpipes use a wick that draws the condensed liquid back to the heatspreader from the heatsink, so orientation doesn't really matter. Gravity will assist the wicking action if the orientation is correct, but it's not critical... as indicated by heatsinks that have 1/2 the heatpipes going one way and 1/2 the other.

On the topic of radiators, however... why not strip the HD mounts right out of the bottom, use 5 1/4" -> 3 1/2" adapters for the HDs and put 'em up in the top area (or just mount one of the HD mounts in the 5 1/4" bays), and install 2 radiators w. 3x 120mm fans each in a crossflow pattern, airflow in one side of the case and out the other. You could completely isolate the watercooling circuit that way, and not have it drawing warmer air from inside the case through the radiators.

Logan321 said:
Yeah, heatpipes use a wick that draws the condensed liquid back to the heatspreader from the heatsink, so orientation doesn't really matter. Gravity will assist the wicking action if the orientation is correct, but it's not critical... as indicated by heatsinks that have 1/2 the heatpipes going one way and 1/2 the other.

On the topic of radiators, however... why not strip the HD mounts right out of the bottom, use 5 1/4" -> 3 1/2" adapters for the HDs and put 'em up in the top area (or just mount one of the HD mounts in the 5 1/4" bays), and install 2 radiators w. 3x 120mm fans each in a crossflow pattern, airflow in one side of the case and out the other. You could completely isolate the watercooling circuit that way, and not have it drawing warmer air from inside the case through the radiators.

Yep, thought about that. I'll start out with a double rad first, but if I think I need better temps, I might try to do just that, try to mount the whole HD cage up where the 5 1/4" drives are or a least use a 5 1/4" tray and use the bottom for a triple rad like the Thermochill PA120.3

Logan321 said:

i dont understand having 2 3x120rads on the bottom, i mean 1 is enough, but besides that i was going to do exactly what you posted.

i just spoke with performance pcs .. and they said the bix II isnt a problem .. and if you use a radgrill or whatever u could fit a triple 120 rad .. like a bix III .. the spacing doesnt work with the thermochill rads which sucks

Yeah but I forget to ask Hank at Performance PCS if the mountiing requiers cutting ? I think at minimum you have to remove that grill at the top.

If you use top for rad , all heat from the M/B , VGA , Drives ,etc except HD will go through rad. That's not
good. To make Rear fan exhausted is not good as lack of intake. So It will be good that all system will be watercooled if rad mount top.

Logan321 said:

This idea is interesting too. :)

ello,

Can someone who owns this case please tell me if its possible to rotate the motherboard tray to the otherside of the case btx style so the cpus are low and the expansion slots high?

many thanks!

ten

ten said:
ello,

Can someone who owns this case please tell me if its possible to rotate the motherboard tray to the otherside of the case btx style so the cpus are low and the expansion slots high?

many thanks!

ten
I asked that very same question on page 1.
Looks like it's doable, but still waiting on confirmation.

monopixel said:
If you use top for rad , all heat from the M/B , VGA , Drives ,etc except HD will go through rad. That's not
good. To make Rear fan exhausted is not good as lack of intake. So It will be good that all system will be watercooled if rad mount top.

Actually I like the idea of a watercooling system acting like a heat tower; that's how I envision the system I want to build, regardless of case. Take all the warm air out with the CPU heat. I mean, it might warm the water a degree or two, but I would rather have a well cooled case AND cpu/gpu/whatever!

Back