TJ07 pics

Peach said:
the motherboard is also upside down.

no its not.

the mobo tray is on the right side of the case

tj07.jpg

it moounts traditionally

think its possible to internally mount a 120.2 rad on those top exhaust fans? or are they too far apart? how about mounting a 120.2 rad sideways on the bottom fans after removing the hd cages?

If you look at the picture above you can see that there would be enough room for three 120mm fans going across. So if you take out one cage there would be enough room for a double rad down there.Now if there was enough room in the upper drive bays for that HDD cage there would be enough room for a triple rad at the bottom, with the fans pointed to the opposite side of the where the psu is mounted. Maybe even enough room down there for the pump too, with all cages removed.

larkin said:
and some more bling
TJ07-loadedtray.jpg

I dont understand why you would mount the CPU cooler like that? The fan doesnt have much room at all to breath, and the air will be pretty warm from the video card.

Why not mount it so that the air flows with the overall case design? Such as, having it blow out of the back of the case, in the direction the 2x80mm's are? Your mounting seems like its as bad as it can be.

sprocket said:
If the skin is as thick as they say (4-8mm), you won't want to be cutting it too much.

I meant just using longer screws and moutning it on the existing fans that are all ready attachaed there.

fallguy,
I agreed at first with you. After looking at the pics, I can see 3 reasons he might not want to do that:

1. Warm air rises. Proven time and again, so let the upper case fans pull the air out.
2. The rear fans look to be blowing inward in the picture unless I am mistaken, putting cool outside ir through the area around the HSF unit.
3. That fan setup looks to be a arctic cooling or similar. The low noise units they use are made to suck air from all sides, not just the front.

In those respects, you might see a degree difference, OR it could be a 10 degree difference. It would really take actual testing to see. I also like to see the heatpipes made horizontal for maximum efficiency.

On the case: Hawt! I wish I could afford something like that, cause it would be great. However I think the fiancee would feel neglected! :p

^^

those reasons are right. The rear fans of the TJ07 are 2x92mm Intake fans. The top fans are 2x120mm exhaust. And you're also right about the heatpipe orientation, having them situated vertically to the ground would reduce performance.

That still wont make it perform better. The top of that NV card is HOT. And its going right towards the CPU. Thats just craziness. Most people have it set up the same way for a reason.

fallguy said:
and the air will be pretty warm from the video card.
The video card is hot on the gpu side, that's why the heat sink and fan for the vid card are on that side
fallguy said:
Why not mount it so that the air flows with the overall case design? Such as, having it blow out of the back of the case, in the direction the 2x80mm's are?
They are 92mm and are intake NOT exhaust. You still recommend potining a cpu fan at the intake fans? i dont think that is keeping with the overall air flow design, pointing it up, twords the exhaust is. Either way you cut it there is a hot video card right under the cpu heatsink, nothing you can do about that bud. Hot air rises, the fan will expidite the circulation of hot air out of the case. Any other direction of the cpu fan would be plane stupid (vertical alighnments would inhibit the heatpipe technology and blowing air downwards in opposition to the exhaust is also dumb). Where do you want to point it? lol

Larkin, one last question. Would the HDD cage fit in the drive bay area if I wanted to move it ? Would it interfere with the motherboard ?

larkin said:
The video card is hot on the gpu side, that's why the heat sink and fan for the vid card are on that side

They are 92mm and are intake NOT exhaust. You still recommend potining a cpu fan at the intake fans? i dont think that is keeping with the overall air flow design, pointing it up, twords the exhaust is. Either way you cut it there is a hot video card right under the cpu heatsink, nothing you can do about that bud. Hot air rises, the fan will expidite the circulation of hot air out of the case. Any other direction of the cpu fan would be plane stupid (vertical alighnments would inhibit the heatpipe technology and blowing air downwards in opposition to the exhaust is also dumb). Where do you want to point it? lol

The card is hot on both sides. The back plate is VERY hot, and heat does rise. Right at the CPU.

I know its not an intake, but it should be. You should at least try it both ways, I just cant imagine your setup is the better one. If it was, it would be commonly used. As it is, you have air coming in from the front, and back of the case. And going out just at the top. Just doesnt look good. But if it performs better.. then thats all that matters. I just cant imagine how it would.

altec said:
I don't like it. Looks like a V1000B copy, but half assed.
I would take this instead, hands down.

- Unibody design (UNF 8mm aluminum)
- Motherboard doesn't mount upside-down (the A8N-SLI Premium doesn't like the upside-down Lian-Li cases)
- Lots of slow, large-diameter fans equals low-noise when undervolted

Plus, the workmanship looks even better.

_Korruption_ said:
I would take this instead, hands down.

- Unibody design (UNF 8mm aluminum)
- Motherboard doesn't mount upside-down (the A8N-SLI Premium doesn't like the upside-down Lian-Li cases)
- Lots of slow, large-diameter fans equals low-noise when undervolted

Plus, the workmanship looks even better.

Advantage of Workmanship would be equal I think. V series has been hairline polished and alumite coated. Lian-li officialy showed percentage of defect. So the quality advantage
goes to Lian-li probably.

TJ07's thick alminum front is good looking too. TJ07 isn't alumite coated? Maybe paint coating, i think. And inside the chassis , the sturdiness of inside parts is almost same.
So the expectation of vibration reduction inside the case will be same.

I still have a question in airflow of TJ07. The front has no intake hole so the exhaust is too much. It makes chassis intake air from backplate grill and exhaust from back plate fan and top panel fans. V1100and v2100's airflow is bit odd too( http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chassis/fan_v1100_w01.swf )

I said some complain however , those case are one of good cases in the market :) .

Sorry for my bad English

Just a silly question, but compared to the LianLi V2000/2100 series, the TJ07 seems about the same size, am I right?

altec said:

Interesting, and wasn't everyone saying the same thing about the V1000b ripping off a G5? Thought so. This case is flawless.

That's a sweet case larkin - one I am still waiting on to buy. Thanks for the pics. I'm curious along with some of the others about the PSU room. I have a PCP&C 850 SSI and I had to knock out the wall between the PSU compartment and the HDD compartment of my V2000 to make it fit. I imagine the 1k is just as big or slightly bigger.

Apparently black is popular :D All the pieces of my system are black with blue lights. I have to wait for the black now, which several retailers have told me their next shipment should pass customs and arrive in the next couple of weeks. Money is not an option for a thing of beauty like that, so I will wait, even if I have to play with a comp without a case for a little while :D

wow, but you know whats wrong with that computer? its not here, in front of me, in my house, on my desk, so you should go ahead and take care of that, I prefer you ship it by FedEx. kthxbai.

but seriously I like it man pretty sweet.

Thanks for the props guys. I'm really appreciating the case my self.

A few of you have asked for a measurement of the PSU/HD Cage space. I was about to do that a while ago but I found out i dont have a ruler/tape measure, so that'll have to wait at least until I ask my next door neighbors for one.

Some have also asked about radiator on the top, and 1 person asked for a pic of the top fans. So here that is.
TJ07-topfans.jpg

Thanks for the picture! from what youve gather from working with the case do u think its possible to internally mount a 120.2 rad where those 2 top fans are with only drilling holes for screws?

Larkin or anyone please answer 3 questions-

1) In the HD cage I see 2 fans on one side. Are there 2 more fans on the other opposite side as well?
ie. 4 fans in total for the HD cage? OR are there just 2 fans but can be attached on left or right side?

2) The PSU area could you please measure it? I want to fit a 850 SSI PSU which is 9.1" deep. so will probably need 10-12" free space. Does it have that space?
From visual guess I would say it's 10" :mad:

3) Any wiring problems due to the PSU being at the bottom?

Silver looks nice as well

ssttj07smain.jpg

larkin said:
A few of you have asked for a measurement of the PSU/HD Cage space. I was about to do that a while ago but I found out i dont have a ruler/tape measure, so that'll have to wait at least until I ask my next door neighbors for one.

ROFLMAO, you have a 400 dollar case in front of you but no tape measure or ruler. I dont know about anyone else but thats funny :D

Crazy Chuckster said:
ROFLMAO, you have a 400 dollar case in front of you but no tape measure or ruler. I dont know about anyone else but thats funny :D

QFT LOL :D

Crazy Chuckster said:
Use your local coins/currency and tell us how many coins across. We can find the length of the coin online :D

RoyalAssassin said:
Interesting, and wasn't everyone saying the same thing about the V1000b ripping off a G5? Thought so. This case is flawless.
so is the v1000 is the g5...

its a circualr argument IMO :)

all nice cases, v1000 is the best though IMO, but cases are all personal preference :p (aside form price sometimes :p) and the v100 is cheaper anyway... meh im in a bad mood, ima stop posting before i say osmehting i might regret i guess... (nto at you specifically, just had a HORRIBLE day...)

Here you go. They are taking preorders for shipping early next week.

I just ordered mine.....in Black of course ! :)

Lian Li's are great, I have one. But I am going to use a double rad water system and a V2000 would require too much modding to get what I can get with no modding with the TJ07.

larkin said:
I'm a little under the influence right now... but i happen to have some pics of that very thing from earlier in the day... and don't worry. i dont do non sobr installs.
happy viewing
[pic1 - psu being intalled]
[pic2 - psu with removed hd cages]
[pic3 - mobo tray with some goods on it]
TJ07-psu1.jpg
TJ07-psu2.jpg

and some more bling
TJ07-loadedtray.jpg

Hi Larkin. I have had a look at your spec of the PC you are making and have found it be almost 100% similar to the one I am making . I am also serioslly considering the TJo7, and will be hopefully ordering in the next few days. I do have some questions for you however.

1) I see like me you have opted for two 7800GT's ( actually I went for GTX's) in SLI, and have got a sepertae XiFi sound card ( I went for a Audigyb 4), how will it all fit in a Asus A8N32 SLI. I can't seem to decide between a A8N SLI Premium and the Asus A8N32 for exactly this reason. As theres doesn't seem to be much airflow , if you use two graphic card and a sound card. What is your take on all this? Do you still stand by your decison odf a A8N32 instead of a A8N Premium.? Also what kind of temps are you getting ? For the mobo cipset, your graphic cards and your cpu?

2) After using all your kit would you still recommend I but the TJO7 and a Asus A8N 32 Deluxe, instead of say something else? Also I have got the Corsair 3500LL Pro ram, which is supposed to work best with the A8N32.

3.) How is the cooling on the TJO7? Does the air short circuit at the top, or does it reach the VGA area aswell? Also have you considered changing the fan congig, to two 120mm top intake and two 92mm rear exhaust? I will proabably be replacing the 120mm fans with Akasa ulktra quiets (cause they can be connected to a fan controller), do yu think thatrs actually needed, or is the stock cooling quiet?

Thanks for reading and cograts on your rig. It's brilliant, and exactly what I am after at the moment.

is the "black" color of this case the same type of black color as the lian-li's? would it be possible to order the lian-li drive covers and attach them to this case? would the different shades of black (if infact they are different) look bad?

TonyM16 said:
how will it all fit in a Asus A8N32 SLI. I can't seem to decide between a A8N SLI Premium and the Asus A8N32 for exactly this reason. As theres doesn't seem to be much airflow , if you use two graphic card and a sound card. What is your take on all this? Do you still stand by your decison odf a A8N32 instead of a A8N Premium.? Also what kind of temps are you getting ? For the mobo cipset, your graphic cards and your cpu?
The two cards fit fine. Mine are single slot cards so there is actually two PCI slots still open when both cards are installed. One slot is between the two cards, the other slot is at the bottom, right bellow the 2nd card. ASUS provides a flexible SLI link cable so that putting a PCI card between the two won't block the link. The airflow is a bit constricted, I dont know if it's any worse that then premium however, my a8n32 came with the latest 1009 bios installed and is revision 1.01 and I've had no issues with ACPI or anything so I definetly stick by the A8N32 over Premium decission. From an airflow/temp standpoint I think the lower placement of the PSU might be adding the most to the temps. The PSU is hot and since it's on the bottom the hot air rises through all the hardware before it finally leaves the case at the top.

A tip for you with the placement of the X-Fi card is to place it between the two GPU's, right in the slot above the lower GPU. When I had it at the bottom my idle tepms were:
GPU1: 58C
CPU2: 57C

when I placed the X-FI between the two cards I got a nice consistant improvement:
GPU1: 57C
GPU2: 52C

If placed in the last slot the sound card blocks the fan of the 7800. So dont put it there unless you have to. My general cooling has varried but my temps seem to stick around 44C idle, again I believe it's the PSU to blame here but I'd entertain other logical suggestions. I think one thing I would not have done if i did it all over again is i would not have gone for the Arctic Cooling heatsink. I would have stuck with the stock AMD X2 fan. The arctic freezer was a bit of a hassel and the size of it forced me to place the RAM into the B slots instead of A slots.

TonyM16 said:
2) After using all your kit would you still recommend I but the TJO7 and a Asus A8N 32 Deluxe, instead of say something else? Also I have got the Corsair 3500LL Pro ram, which is supposed to work best with the A8N32.
Yep, would stick with all of that. It's awsome.

TonyM16 said:
3.) How is the cooling on the TJO7? Does the air short circuit at the top, or does it reach the VGA area aswell? Also have you considered changing the fan congig, to two 120mm top intake and two 92mm rear exhaust? I will proabably be replacing the 120mm fans with Akasa ulktra quiets (cause they can be connected to a fan controller), do yu think thatrs actually needed, or is the stock cooling quiet?
I wouldn't change the top fans to intake, that sounds like a bad idea. But I would like to experiement with temps if the rear fans are changed to exhaust instead of intake. I know the question then is where does the fresh air come from... The stock fans are very quiet tho, at least by my standards, the 120mm are great, the 92mm fans though are definetly the dominant "tone" sound makers, replace those with something quiet and you'll be good.

TonyM16 said:
Thanks for reading and cograts on your rig. It's brilliant, and exactly what I am after at the moment.

Thanks. I'm still tweaking and seeing which drivers are most stable etc but the performance is great. I would say the two parts of this rig i am most proud of are the case and the monitor. They took the longest to research/choose and the case is wonderful looking and solid and the widescreen samsung is above my expecations which were very high. Hope you enjoy your rig and let me know how the build goes.

altec said:

Yeah, but with 80mm fans, which is a bummer. Though I do appreciate the removable mobo tray, something I wish the v series had.

Hmm, interesting design... I'm not sure I like the sole intake for the CPU/GPUs being at the rear of the case but I guess it can work fine... I still kinda like the LLs inverted design better though, GPUs have become the hottest component and with so many people having two of them it just makes sense to put 'em up top... Why don't the A8N like this? Heard someone mention it didn't get along with such a design.

And also, with the PSU at the bottom and a regular orientation, isn't there some potential for a tight fit on some connections? I guess with most decent PSUs it wouldn't be a problem, just curious. Keep the pics coming, it's still a beautiful case.

Back