Crysis - $40 Plus $10 Gift Card at Circuit City

Joga

Limp Gawd
From their weekly ad: Circuit City will have Crysis available this Wednesday the 14th (and for the rest of the week) for $39.99, plus you get a $10 gift card on top of that.

(gift card good for future purchases only - i.e., you can't use it to reduce the Crysis price to $30).

-Weekly Ad (page 10)

Edit:
Picked up my copy today. They tried to charge me $50 at first, but I showed them the ad (they have stacks of them in the front of the store if you don't have one) and they knocked it down to $40, and also gave me the $10 gift card.

Yeah, that's a better deal than the online download, which is what I already did. Circuit City does seem to have a line on releasing new PC's at a $10 discount. I must admit though, when they did their layoffs earlier this year, targeting their more expensive staff by admission, I try not to shop there.

Don't get me wrong. I like cheap stuff as much as the next guy. But in the global economy, I just get a sick feeling that in searching for the best price, consumers are adding fuel in the race to the bottom.

it will properly be sold out like always every time they have a sale on games @ cc they tell me its ether sold out(even tho somitime i go there @ noon or 2pm),they had only 2 copies or it got delayed till next week,just like the orange box,gears of war call of duty to name a few,and am sick of it(damn those cheap prices) good thing theres a best buy next to it that will honor it with no proplems :)

It's $49.99 with a $10 gift card, so it's $39.99 - isn't that what the ad says?

Does BB pricematch for gift card discounts?

how long until cc is out of business? bb is killiing them. the online ad im looking at says "39.99 thru nov 17"and says "10 dollar card" with asteriks under it

It's $49.99 with a $10 gift card, so it's $39.99 - isn't that what the ad says?

Does BB pricematch for gift card discounts?

Nope, the base price is $39.99 (which is what they've been charging for several new-release PC games lately: Bioshock, CoD4, etc.) - then you get the $10 gift card afterward, which you can't use on Crysis itself to get it down $30. (that's what the small print says - "only good for future use"). I guess they figure you'll come back to CC to buy another $50 video game to use your gift card on (and they'd be correct - that's exactly what I'll be doing)

Ah, thanks for the info. Hope they get it in stock, they haven't been to good about getting new games in a timely manner.

I bought a 360 elite from CC a couple months ago and received a free Gamers Savings Club membership. The website www.circuitcity.com/gamers doesn't work for me to activate it. I'd like to straighten this out so I can buy Crysis 10% off at $35.99 and then use the $10 gift card and 10% off for COD4 at $25.99. Hopefully this Gamers Savings Club isn't a sham.

Does anybody know if I can pass by in the morning, maybe 9am? I don't want to go through the whole sold-out experience all over again as I did with COD4 a few days ago. If losing a few extra hours of sleep are gonna get me that precious Crysis + $10-Off in future purchases, then I'm up for it. I for some reason believe they receive this things before the actual launch date so they are ready, but are only allowed to sell them on the specified date. Can anybody confirm this? Thank you!

OMG, I am going broke with all these cool games coming out so close together.

Does anybody know if I can pass by in the morning, maybe 9am? I don't want to go through the whole sold-out experience all over again as I did with COD4 a few days ago. If losing a few extra hours of sleep are gonna get me that precious Crysis + $10-Off in future purchases, then I'm up for it. I for some reason believe they receive this things before the actual launch date so they are ready, but are only allowed to sell them on the specified date. Can anybody confirm this? Thank you!

You answered your own question. :)

You answered your own question. :)
Actually, I'm assuming this is how it works, I'm just guessing, but I might be wrong. I don't work at any retail store so I can't pretend to know how they run their thing. Oh well, it seems as if your answer reflects that YES, they do have the game already and is just a matter of time. Anyways, I'll pass by. Fresh air is always good, I don't seem to get that often since I got COD4. lol. Is non-stop action for hours.

a couple years back i bought a new 3.2mp camera from BB and about 2 weeks later it was on sale in the Norcal Frys ad for $30 off the price along with a 1gb card for free. nevertheless i took the ad in and they gave me the total price because i bought a 512mb card with it so i got about 80 bucks back. was nice.

Actually, I'm assuming this is how it works, I'm just guessing, but I might be wrong. I don't work at any retail store so I can't pretend to know how they run their thing. Oh well, it seems as if your answer reflects that YES, they do have the game already and is just a matter of time. Anyways, I'll pass by. Fresh air is always good, I don't seem to get that often since I got COD4. lol. Is non-stop action for hours.

I worked at Future Shop (Canada) for a while when I was younger, and they got things in a couple days to a week early, but obviously didn't put it out until it was "officially" released, usually a Tuesday or Friday, unless some other store put it out early, then they did also.

Nope, the base price is $39.99 (which is what they've been charging for several new-release PC games lately: Bioshock, CoD4, etc.) - then you get the $10 gift card afterward, which you can't use on Crysis itself to get it down $30. (that's what the small print says - "only good for future use"). I guess they figure you'll come back to CC to buy another $50 video game to use your gift card on (and they'd be correct - that's exactly what I'll be doing)

No, it's gotta be $50 plus a $10 giftcard. The $40 price has to be the price after the giftcard. No way a brand new hot game will be $30. CoD4 is $50 plus a $10 discount. Crysis is $50 plus $10 giftcard. Anything else is likely your misinterpretation or their misprint. The only way you'll get one game for $30 is if you buy Crysis ($50) and get the $10 giftcard and use it on CoD4 ($40 - $10 giftcard = $30).

Either way, you're paying $80 for the two games.

Could you buy Crysis, get the $10 GC, then return it, buy it again with the $10 GC from the 1st purchase for $29.99 and get another $10 GC?

So do we need to bring a printout or does the cashier just know to give a 10 dollar GC or what?

I do not work for CC, but I can say that I noticed that they get the stuff the day it comes out. Reason for me saying this is that I went to buy Hellgate London on Halloween it came out. When I got there I asked about it. They did not have any on shelves or anything. The mananger there told me they get shipments by UPS on either the day, or the day before it goes on sale. So they had not gotten their shipment yet. So I was very disappointed. Then the UPS guy comes in with tons of boxes. So the manager went through it, and found the game for me.

No, it's gotta be $50 plus a $10 giftcard. The $40 price has to be the price after the giftcard. No way a brand new hot game will be $30. CoD4 is $50 plus a $10 discount. Crysis is $50 plus $10 giftcard. Anything else is likely your misinterpretation or their misprint. The only way you'll get one game for $30 is if you buy Crysis ($50) and get the $10 giftcard and use it on CoD4 ($40 - $10 giftcard = $30).

Either way, you're paying $80 for the two games.

That's why they say in the small print that you can't use the gift card towards Crysis (only for future purchases) - so you have to come back later and spend more money in order to use your gift card.

Lately Circuit City almost always has new-release PC games for $40 (at least for the first week or so). Lower margins, but higher sales to make up for it (they hope). It also gets more people inside the store, where they might buy something else.

They have the $10 gift card in addition to the standard $40 new-release PC game price because it's the holiday season, so they're hoping that later on when you go to buy all those expensive electronic gadgets for your kids for Christmas, you'll go to Circuit City just because you have that $10 gift card sitting in your pocket. It makes sense, business wise.

So do we need to bring a printout or does the cashier just know to give a 10 dollar GC or what?

They should just know. The price will ring up at $40, and then after you pay for it they'll hand you your gift card. Although I'm bringing a copy of the ad just in case. (they should have copies of the ad at the front of the store too)

That's why they say in the small print that you can't use the gift card towards Crysis (only for future purchases) - so you have to come back later and spend more money in order to use your gift card.

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the price of the game. I am surprised if it will actually be disconted to $40 PLUS you get a $10 giftcard.

All I saw was it was good for future purchases. It doesn't say anything about not being able to use it on Crysis. What if you buy one, then buy a second and use the GC from the first. Then return the first purchase. You get it for $29.99 and a $10 GC.

in past experience, when you're returning something to CC and you got a free gift card from the purchase, you either:

a) return the gift card unused
b) take a x$ hit on the money you get back. so if you do that, you'd only get back $29+tax instead of $39+tax when you return the first game.

though actually, you might be able to return the SECOND gift card with the FIRST game, but i dunno about that and it's kinda shady.

Will this deal be available online, or in-store only? If it is online, will you get the $10 gift card as well? The nearest Circuit City to me is an hour and a half away. :(

I'm wondering if they'll be cool about letting us use the gift card on another game (COD4 baby) on the same trip. I don't want to have to drive all the way to CC twice just to get the other game another day. If they are cool about it, they should just let you immediately use it on another game as long as it is not Crysis.

Will this deal be available online, or in-store only? If it is online, will you get the $10 gift card as well? The nearest Circuit City to me is an hour and a half away. :(

Well it's listed as $50 online, so probably not :(

Is the release of Crysis on Tuesday or wednesday or..when :)?

There's been some confusion over the release date recently - but just about every single retailer (Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, etc.) has said in their ads this week that Crysis will be available in stores on Wednesday the 14th.

Back