Crysis - $40 Plus $10 Gift Card at Circuit City

Picked mine up today, at first I asked a guy if they had Crysis in yet, he "looked in the back" returned with nothing. Then I remembered that everyone was saying that it is behind the customer service desk. And it was. Total came to $42.54, and now I have a $10 GC that smells like ginger bread in my wallet (I picked the scented one :p).

i had nothing but problems today i tried to go and get my crysis for 39.99 with 10 dollar gift card and this jack ass says that its 39.99 and the 10 dollar gift card is added to the total price for 49.99 and he said he couldn't do anything about. here comes the manager and he also says that also and this wouldn't work in their system since the the 39.99 dollar is only with the 10 dollar gift card. I CAME OUT THERE PISSED AS SHIT. Just of realized i shouldve asked for a manager when this came.

If your lucky enough to find a store that accepts it. Cant you buy a buttload of crysis? like
40$ + 30 + 30 + 30 and so forth. or is it limited to one per customer?

Well guys, I was one of the lucky ones. I got Crysis for $30 - the CSR applied the gift card to my purchase after mumbling about it being bullshit to have to wait to use it.

I also picked up COD4 for $40 as well - good stuff.

The gift card system wasn't working when I got mine, so it came out to $31.49 after tax. I have a few friends that have been shafted by their local CC's saying that the AD says its 50 plus a 10GC, which is utter bullshit. Don't take no for an answer guys!

Well, here is a story of my Circuit City Crysis experience. I went there on a Wednesday afternoon with flyer in hand to see if they have any available. I checked over to the gaming aisle and there was none put up. So, I asked a floor representative and they told me to go to Customer Service Desk to inquiry about it. So I went over to the desk and talk with a woman behind the desk about the game. She check in the computer and basically the conversation went like this:

CS Woman: We don't have any in stock.
Me: Are you sure? The sales paper said that they are supposed to be here today. (showing her sales paper)
CS Woman: Well, the computer shows that we don't have any in stock and the release date is on a Friday. (show me CC webpage of Crysis)
Me: Then why does the sales paper say it will be available on a Wednesday? :confused: Can you check to see if you have any of them in the back?
CS Woman: Well, all of our shipment already came in and already been put out. If you don't see it on the shelf, then we don't have it. Come back on Saturday and we will more likely will have it.
Me: Ummm... I will come back tomorrow and check to make sure.
CS Woman: Ok well just give us a call instead, it would be better that way.

I rather go back to the store the next day and speak with them face to face instead of over the phone so that they don't try to give me the run-arounds.
That same day, I curious check by Best Buy not too far from there and see if they have any in... but unfortunately they didn't have any yet.

So the next day (Thursday) in the afternoon, I check my computer and see if they have any in stock at the store. The CC website said that the store has the game available. So I rushed to Circuit City and went to the PC game aisle... none on the shelf. So I went to the Customer Service Desk and the same woman from yesterday is at the desk today. Here how's the conversation basically went:

Me: Well, I am here today because on the CC website your store suppose to have Crysis available today.
CS Woman: Ok, let me check to see if we have them.
(CS woman went to a small stock room that is next to the desk and checked for 5 minutes)
CS Woman: I don't see any in there. Let me check the computer and see if we have any in stock.
(CS Woman check the computer and then went to find the supervisor. Supervisor looked at the computer and then spoke to me.)
CS Supervisor: Ok, let me speak with our stock person in the back and see if we can find it.
(Stood there for 15 minutes while watching other customers being served at the Customer Service Desk, until the stock guy showed up with game in hand).
Stock Guy: Yep, we have the game available... (Handed the Crysis: Special Edition to the CS Woman) It actually came in yesterday.
(Now at that moment, I felt a little peeved :rolleyes: that I should have gotten that game yesterday... but it gets interesting)
CS Woman: Ok, the total comes to $62.99 [$59.99 + 5% sales tax]
Me: :eek: Excuse me? I thought the game is $49.99? It say so in the ad.
CS Woman: The ad states the price is vaild only for the Collector's Edition. What you have is the Special Edition and it is priced at $59.99.
Me: But the Special Edition is the Collector's Edition!!! Can you get your supervisor please? :mad:
(The CS woman notify her supervisor about the price of the game. The supervisor then went to the register and override the price as advertised and also ring me up for the $10 gift card. That CS woman then tell her supervisor)
CS Woman: The gift card shouldn't be included because it is not advertised for the Collector's Edition.
Me: Both the regular and special edition are the same game so both of them should be eligible for the $10 gift card promotion.
(The supervisor agreed with my statement, and proceeded to hand me the gift card while I slightly grinned)
CS Supervisor: Here is your $10 gift card and your game. We apologize for the wait.
Me: Thank you... I didn't mind the wait. :rolleyes:

I should have gotten it on Wednesday... I should have pimp-slap that CS woman... but overall... I am happy as a clam. :)

I had success here. The girl tried to tell me it was 39.99 after the $10 gift card which of course I pointed out the note in the ad saying can only be used for future purchases. However they did it I got the game for 39.99 and a free $10 gift card which of course I called to verify the amount.

works for me. They were pretty cool about it and honored the ad.

39.99 and I also get the $10 gift card.

I went to the Salem NH CC, had no problem. There are TWO versions, the game, then this "special" edition with a bunch of needless crap for $10 more.

So they rang up the game for $29.95+ $10 for the gift card (39.95 total) then let me use the card on the other item I was getting... a new headset for my little nephew (WoW jedi) so I had no problem at all there.

CC in San Bernadino CA (so-cal) worked..

Plus, take it back, get 39.99 refund, then re-buy it with the $10 giftcard..

29.99 + tax... :)

So I went there wednesday to get Crysis and Hellgate London. After going through 2 incompetent employees, I get who I think is a manager. He said he cant sell my Crysis because it doesnt officially release for them until 11/16 (today). But he allowed me to preorder it and said that they would adjust the price to the ad when I came back along with my gift card.

So today, I go back. I return hellgate london (kept it sealed) so I can rebuy it with the gift card, and tried to pickup my copy of crysis. The clerk is a total idiot and takes 15 minutes to process my return. She then takes 15 minutes to grab a copy of Crysis. She doesnt know how the preorder thing works so she calls a fellow clerk who is a fatass of undistinguishable gender. He/she wouldnt sell me Crysis for the advertised 40$ even though there was a whole tray of ads saying otherwise. So they both leave to get a manager. After 30 minutes of waiting, they bring a manager who tells me that ALL the ads are wrong and its really 50$. I tell them that a previous manager promised me the game for 40$ and they ask "who?". Well how the hell am I suppose to know? I didnt think I would need to document everything but apparently I did so no luck there.

In short.
2 trips + about 2 hours of waiting + 6 useless employees = me back to square one with 4 long sheets of receipts. I was so tempted to start a scene and yell at them for being idiots and damning them to the same fate as the Compusa next door.

OT: My day doesnt stop sucking. I get home, check on woot. Item is SO, next item is Bag of Crap. I click to buy - *SERVER UNAVAILABLE*. When I finally get access again, its sold out. F**K my life...

I think I got lucky for once! I went to CC on Wednesday and picked up Crysis, COD 4, and Gears of War all for $100.80 AND a $10 GC!!! I happened to have a $15 off coupon for any total purchase over $100, so that helped a bit. I did have to go to 2 CC's though. The first one had Crysis and Gears of War, which I had to show the ad to the rep for Crysis to come to $39.99 and get the GC. Gears of War came up at $49.99, but I was pretty sure I saw it online for $39.99 so without question they gave it to me for that price. Then I went to the other CC down the road who had COD 4. I had to basically return everything and rebuy it to be able to use my $15 off coupon, but when they were all said and done it came to $100.80!!! Pretty sweet deal for three new games! Good luck to those who are still looking to buy!

well i got it. my story is pretty similar to everybody else's...get the thing, they ring it up wrong, 15 minutes and 3 customer "service" reps later i manage to get it for ~$41 and a gift card that looks like a snowball, too.

the damn place doesn't have a customer screen to check the current total, and the kid didn't tell me what my total was. as though i'm just gonna hand over the plastic that freely. i'm glad i was on my toes at that moment, because i would've been screwed if i wasn't, and if they did charge me wrong (i even showed them the add, and he was like, oh yes, i can do that [he didn't]), i would never shop there again and tell everybody about the story.

either way, i got it and it works (though the disc took seriously 2 minutes to read for some reason).

lol mine was a total pain as well, but not cause of the CS. Aparently the CC near me just relocated last week and I didnt know so I had to go back home to look it up on their website for the new location. even google maps had it wrong...

I went on thursday and they didn't have it on the shelf. They had some preorder boxes, but no game on shelf.
I goto the CS desk and the lady goes "oh, dont we have a bunch of them in a cart?"
She goes and pulls them out and rings up $49.99 (DOH!)
me - "It's 39.99 on ad"
cs - "it's 39.99 after the giftcard"
me - "that doesn't make sense... if the gc was a discount, it would say instant savings right?"
cs - *looks at ad for about 30sec* "you're right" *rings it up as 39.99*
me - *looks at what other goodies are on the cart, but is disappointed because they're mostly xbox360 games and dvd's*

I picked the red card with the city silhouette :D
Kind of kicking myself for not taking the preorder box, it says it's got a poster or something. If it's a giant poster of the suit, please dont tell me :(

cs - "it's 39.99 after the giftcard"

Ha! What a dolt. Sure, after you give me $10, the price magically drops from $49.99 to $39.99. Thank you. Please come again. Wasn't much logic in that gene pool.

Lafayette, IN Circuit City wouldn't give me the game for $40 before gift card. It wasn't even a real manager that came over, just another teenager (but with the power of a headset). Oh well, fuck it. I was there to get CoD4 anyways. I thought I'd give this game a shot if I got it for $30.

Lafayette, IN Circuit City wouldn't give me the game for $40 before gift card. It wasn't even a real manager that came over, just another teenager (but with the power of a headset). Oh well, fuck it. I was there to get CoD4 anyways. I thought I'd give this game a shot if I got it for $30.

My CC refused to give it to me as well, even after showing them the ad. Oh well, that's been just my luck lately :rolleyes:

I picked my copy up yesterday for 40 and I got the free gift card. At first she wanted to charge me 50 for the game and the gift card. I told her the ad says 39.99 plus I get the $10 gift card. She looked at it and said that it does and it was strange it rang up the game as $39.99 and charged me for the gift card. I said I know because then I would be paying for the gift card. So she just changed the price to $29.99 for the game and $10 for the gift card. Then she also let me buy COD4 with the gift card so I got the game for $30 bucks. Not bad for 2 awesome games.

I picked my copy for 39.99 + 10 GC with the only problem being getting someone to actually go the back and get the copy.

Just got back from Circuit City and here's my story...

Walked up to the "red shirt" and asked where the PC Games are located, he said "Follow Me." I get to the games and don't see any Crysis on the shelf, so I ask if they have any. He says, "We had a ton but they seem to be all gone, let me go check the back."

He returns with the Special Edition and I tell him I'm not interested, so he goes to put it back in the back. (why not drop it on the shelf is beyond me) He hunts me down in the store and says "Look what I found!"...it's the one I wanted (sticker marked $49.99).

As I hand the game to the cashier I tell her it's on sale for $39.99 and I get a $10 giftcard. She asks "Who says?" and I tell her, "the newspaper ad" .Cashier rings it up and it rings up...$49.99...so she has to go find a manager.

She comes back, they play with the cash register for a bit, add the Wii game and DS game I want to it, I pay, and she hands me the gift card.

I thought the total a little low, so I checked my receipt and she rang up Crysis for $29.99 AND I got the $10 gift card.

Ufff...I'm back, that's why I haven't commented. Awesome game. The only thing I hate is that you have to empty the whole damn magazine inside your enemy before they died, WTF.
Anyways, I got this deal too, $39.99 + gift card. They denied it at first, so I went walking to the store looking for an Ad, found one, then returned, showed the lady, and then she accepted. W/e, I got the deal, and that's what it matters.

Once again, thanks alot to the OP for this. I love you man.....
....Ok, I don't love you, I just feel happy cuz of you....LOL :p

Hahahahahaha - I went to Circuit City for this deal last Thursday. After trying to charge me $49.99, I had to go see the manager. I showed her the deal and she gave me a gift card and the game for $39.99.

Yesterday I am going thru my receipts and I look at the Circuit City receipt. It reads "Crysis $14.99", "Gift Card - $25.00". So I go to their website and punch in the card number to check the balance and it's worth $25.00!

WOHOO!:D

Hahahahahaha - I went to Circuit City for this deal last Thursday. After trying to charge me $49.99, I had to go see the manager. I showed her the deal and she gave me a gift card and the game for $39.99.

Yesterday I am going thru my receipts and I look at the Circuit City receipt. It reads "Crysis $14.99", "Gift Card - $25.00". So I go to their website and punch in the card number to check the balance and it's worth $25.00!

WOHOO!:D

YES!!!

I actually have to go back to CC because their computer crashed when they were figuring out how to give me the giftcard and I had to take off. If worse comes to worse I will just return the game...argh.

Back