Crysis - $40 Plus $10 Gift Card at Circuit City

Local store showed no stock online, but they had a small pile of em at the Customer Service desk. Rang up as $50, but the rep fixed that after I pointed out the ad. $40 for Crysis and a $10 gift card - fecking sweet.

so.. should i go back and fight with them about this? they charged me 50+gc and not 40+gc

im thinking that it should be 50 b/c it rang up as 50

so.. should i go back and fight with them about this? they charged me 50+gc and not 40+gc

go get 'em. sounds like they're screwing enuff of us as it is.

Local CC was out of stock so I went to Best Buy and they price matched to $39 no problem. They had about 20 on the shelves when I bought mine.

Just got back from the local CC and she tried to pull the $49.99 price on me but I pointed out the ad and she made the adjustment. They also had CoD 4 in stock so I just did that as a separate transaction. $70 + tax for Crysis and CoD 4 is teh win!

just went to the local CC. they have Crysis, Assassin's Creed, COD4, mario galaxy... basically all the new releases in the area behind the CSR table, they're not on the floor. the game will ring up at $49.99, even with the ad in hand I couldn't convince the first guy. The head CSR person walked over, took a look at the game, gave herself a smirk, and helped me ring it up. Apparently she'd already dealt with this "Crysis" :D twice today. So I walked out with the game and GC for $42.31. So glad I didn't pre-order this thing. So don't let anyone charge you $50. It's $40 with the GC. If they don't believe you, just get the higher up to ring it up, or ask them to call another local CC to confirm the $40 price.

edit: if you paid $50 at CC, get the difference back or refund the whole thing. if you paid $40 at BB with a pricematch, you're basically out a free $10 GC. The CC I went to had about 5 copies on the back counter, but I saw someone restocking COD4 on the counter, so I'm sure there's more in the back, there's just no room for all these new games coming out.

I would go back. Even though it is most likely $50 - GC = $40, the ad is not clear. So they should honor $40 + GC. Their mistake, they should pay for it.

if you're in S. Cali and you're having trouble with the price, send me a pm. I can tell you which store I went to and who helped me out. Again, she took one look at the game and changed the price without any discussion cuz I was the third person she'd done this for. I have to thank the first two people she had to deal with. You can probably call the store and see if she's working or not.

I just picked up a copy at CC on the north side of Indianapolis.
It rang up $49.99, but I showed them and ad and they changed it to $39.99 and gave me the $10 gift card.
They had it behind the counter. Not on the shelf yet.

I too almost got screwed at my local circuit city, they tryed to charge me 49.99 saying that it would be 39.99 after the gift card, but I ended up getting my way for 39.99 + gift card, was there for like 10 min though arguing and trying to make them understand the ad.

This was at the serramonte circuit city in the bay area btw, you need to ask them for it since it isn't on the shelves.

Heh, same as everyone else:

No copies on the floor, just at the service desk. Tried to charge me $50, I showed her the ad and she gave it to me for $40 and gave me the gift card.

And she forgot to deactivate the thing so the alarm went off as I was leaving the store (just had to check my receipt and they let me through). They make you work for that deal. :p

Started out like everybody else; They had the pre-order box on the shelf still, I'm like "Oh great it's the orange box bait and switch all over again". So I waited around about 5 minutes and finally a manager type (He had a headset anyway) came over, I asked if they had it, he looked it up on "their system", wandered off to a storeroom and came back with the goods. So far so good. Told him he should probably remove the pre-order display box.

Anyway, with ad in hand (very important to have this, for you shoppers watching at home!), go to the register, it rings up at 49.99, I show the guy the ad, he's like OK it's 49.99 less the $10 GC. I sez no, show him the fine print, he gets confused, calls the manager, they whisper for a second, and he tries to ring it up at 39.99 and make a $10 GC. He can't pull it off. Calls the mgr again, they consult, he tries again, no luck. He's burned two gift cards at this point. He finally asks me if I really want a gift card, I say heck no, so he rings it up for 29.99. I'm happy as a fat kid in a bakery. Total out the door, $32.09. I may forgive them for not having the Orange Box for 2 days after they were supposed to.

thePP
Heading for the bakery! :cool:

Just got back from CC in SoCal. Crysis rung up at $49.99 and I pointed out the ad and they changed it to $39.99, then I just asked the guy if I could get $10 off on another game instead of the gift card and so I got COD 4 for $29.99.

Such a good deal, two awesome games for $75 w/ tax.

Jeesh wonder how long before they slap fliers everywhere pointing out the "mistake".

I went to Best Buy and they pricematched Crysis for $39.99 and gave me a $10 gift card and I pricematched COD4 that i bought on the sixth and got $12 back on my CC.

Awesome deal!

I got my copy this afternoon at a CC in the South Bay area of LA. There were about 10-15 copies of the Regular Ed and Special Ed. The game came up as 49.99. I told them it was a mistake and it was on sale for 39.99 and a 10.00 GC. The sales clerk had to look at the add a few times and ask another employee, but after a few minutes I was out the door. Not bad for 42.46. Now I only wish the game would run. I keep getting errors when hit the .exe file.

Seems we're more in the know than the CC employees.
Same story here, went to CC grabbed the game and rung up at 49.99, showed em the ad, and they re-rung at 39.99 along with the $10 gift card. This made me happy, and made three people behind me happy too :D

Too bad they were out of stock of CoD4!

Got it for $29.99 but they made me buy the $10 gift card, so it matched the ad.

This was at the Orland Park, IL store.

They are not stocking this on the floor for some reason, it was at the CS desk.
After I got there I didn't mind waiting in line though, VERY CUTE chicks at the desk. :D

It seems as if the CSR's at CC are all a bit confused (or just trying to rip us off). I went in earlier today around 1 pm and saw both the special edition and regular. Grabbed the special and went to the CSR. Told her that on the ad it says 49.99 and she tells me that's because it's actually 59.99 but she deducts 10 dollars off, and puts it on a gift card that I buy back! What the hell?!! I was thinkin as I was still trying to work out the kinks of why on earth would they even go through this round-about way? She rings me up with 49.99 for the game and 10 for the gift card that I had to buy back. :mad:

At that point, I grabbed the ad and pointed to her that the original price is 49.99 and that I get a damn gift card! So finally she rings up the game for 39.99 and 10 for the giftcard which i buy back...Either way still comes out to getting the deal of 49.99 and 10. Confusing as hell though.

It seems as if the CSR's at CC are all a bit confused (or just trying to rip us off). I went in earlier today around 1 pm and saw both the special edition and regular. Grabbed the special and went to the CSR. Told her that on the ad it says 49.99 and she tells me that's because it's actually 59.99 but she deducts 10 dollars off, and puts it on a gift card that I buy back! What the hell?!! I was thinkin as I was still trying to work out the kinks of why on earth would they even go through this round-about way? She rings me up with 49.99 for the game and 10 for the gift card that I had to buy back. :mad:

At that point, I grabbed the ad and pointed to her that the original price is 49.99 and that I get a damn gift card! So finally she rings up the game for 39.99 and 10 for the giftcard which i buy back...Either way still comes out to getting the deal of 49.99 and 10. Confusing as hell though.

The CSR I spoke with tried this same line of logic with me to explain the price mistake. I simply told her that made absolutely no sense to make me "buy" a $10 gift card. She said "Well, the price is $49.99 total, $39.99 for the game and $10 for the GC." So I asked "You are making me BUY the gift card that the ad says is included? That doesn't make ANY sense." Then I just read the ad and the fine print to her and she gave up and said "It's a misprint" so I told her "Hey, it may be, it's not your fault but that's what the ad says" She gave up and rung me up at $39.99 and gave me the gift card which I turned around and used to buy CoD 4. My next comment was going to be "I can spend $70 dollars here or I can spend $0, because if you won't honor the ad I will just go PM at BB" ( that would only work if you were planning on buying both Crysis and CoD 4)

Got mine yesterday on the southside of Indianapolis. The game rang up as $50 I showed the sales clerk. He got the manager she rang the game up as $29.99 and charged me $10 for the GC. The sweet thing about this I did not have to pay sales tax for the GC. So I saved $.70 more cents. Well at least for the time being till I go buy UT3 with my GC. They didn't even question me on anything. So it all worked out well. They looked like they had a few there since it was still in a box from UPS. I'm really starting to like my local CC. Even though the guys working there are starting to catch on to the games I buy. The same sales clerk grabbed Crysis, and asked if it is good. Then told me he like the other games I've picked up. So I'm pretty sure that was another Crysis out the door. LOL

And what is Circuit's stock price at? Oh ya, coming close to a 52 week low, and they wonder why.

Picked mine up in Danvers, MA last night (not on shelves, in a box behind Customer Services)... no luck getting it for $49 plus a gift card, i tried to argue the point that it should be $40 and include the gift card, but it was the manager running the register and she wasnt having it.

Unfortunately, I wanted to take the gift card to further reduce the cost of CoD4, but it was OOS... so i just went to BB and got it PM'd.

Can I interest anyone in a $10 CC gift card? $9!

this thing backfired at CC if you ask me.

Now people find that it's easier to just go to BB and pricematch.

And of course, at some CC it's not even in stock, making it harder to buy at CC...

Serves them right.

At my local CC yesterday, they hadnt even unboxed the games yet. They were sitting in a stack with "Time sensitive material" stamped on the side, lol. I got the GC and it rang up like $42 something... they were out of CoD4, so I just left, and ordered the game from their website and entered the GC code online. Simple enough, I can tide myself over with Crysis before CoD4 gets here... :p

Thx for the heads up.
I rolled over there last eve picked up Crisis and used the $10 giftcard on super mario galaxy for the Wii.

Win,Win

I just picked my copy for 39.99 w/ a 10 dollar gift card , I used the 10dollar gift card towards need for speed ProSpeed

my son will be happy when he comes home from school :D

Went fine in CT also. Had to show the CSR the Ad to get it discounted to 39.99, but no prob with that. Got the $10 gift card also.

Btw, don't blame the CSRs - the problem is with whoever programmed the pricing for the game into the CCity computer system. And if you're polite generally that goes a long way to getting them to hard-fix it anyway.

They do - listed for $49.99 - but the $10GC might be harder to get with that SKU.

I purchased the collectors edition and they added the $10 GC. They rang up 39.99 for the game and $10 for the gift card in order to enter the card value. I just went up with the "only one" of the collectors editions that my San Diego Pt Loma store had and said the game should also come with a $10 card.

Back